Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Oakleaf landscape Oakleaf landscape is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 620
Turf Tracer s or x-series

I'm in the market for a new turf tracer. Want the 52" deck and I noticed they now have the s-series and x-series turf tracers. I'm not sure which one to get? I know the x-series has larger tires and it has the series 4 deck. Anybody have any comparison on which one to get? It seems like most places only stock the s-series but I don't care if I have to order one. Any input is appreciated!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-20-2012, 08:51 PM
ztman ztman is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: mountain pa
Posts: 800
x vs s

I drove them both, I call the s the homeowner model and the x the commercial model. Both are nice mowers, but the x is more substantial. Look at the comparisions on the website and you will see what I mean the spindle difference etc. In any event, the suspension seat is an option. The suspension seat makes a world of difference. Demo both and see what suits you. Also, there were two dealers in our area, there was about a $1500 price difference on the same model between the two dealers. Shop and drive!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-20-2012, 08:59 PM
knox gsl's Avatar
knox gsl knox gsl is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: knoxville, tn
Posts: 3,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztman View Post
I drove them both, I call the s the homeowner model and the x the commercial model. Both are nice mowers, but the x is more substantial. Look at the comparisions on the website and you will see what I mean the spindle difference etc. In any event, the suspension seat is an option. The suspension seat makes a world of difference. Demo both and see what suits you. Also, there were two dealers in our area, there was about a $1500 price difference on the same model between the two dealers. Shop and drive!!!!!!!
He's talking about walk behinds. If you can afford it go with the larger X series. Much faster and smoother. Mine has over 2000 hrs and running strong. Don't let the size fool you I can flick mine around easier than my 36" TT.
__________________
I've never been skydiving, but I have zoomed-in on Google Earth really fast.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:31 PM
LandFakers's Avatar
LandFakers LandFakers is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 5,858
If you can afford the X buy that one. I was looking at them side by side at the dealer once and the X just looks beefier. Good Luck
__________________
Rob

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:44 PM
ztman ztman is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: mountain pa
Posts: 800
yikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
He's talking about walk behinds. If you can afford it go with the larger X series. Much faster and smoother. Mine has over 2000 hrs and running strong. Don't let the size fool you I can flick mine around easier than my 36" TT.
My mistake, had lazers on my mind
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:51 PM
sjessen sjessen is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Knoxville, Tn
Posts: 1,683
There are advantages to whichever one you choose. For my $ I would go with the x series. Bigger engine with canister air cleaner, wider rear track which almost eliminates scalping, electric clutch. Personal preference but I think the ultracut 4 deck is a better deck than the series 2.

Having said all that the s series is going to be cheaper and may even be cheaper to operate in the short run since it will have a smaller engine and probably weighs less.

Most guys locally go with the s series to save on cost.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Oakleaf landscape Oakleaf landscape is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 620
The x-series is $1000 more. Is it worth it? I think you can swap the 52" and 60" decks with the x-series. Anybody run them both?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-21-2012, 08:51 PM
sjessen sjessen is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Knoxville, Tn
Posts: 1,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakleaf landscape View Post
The x-series is $1000 more. Is it worth it? I think you can swap the 52" and 60" decks with the x-series. Anybody run them both?
Yes, it is the same tractor unit for both. In my opinion it is worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Zero Turn Fanatic Zero Turn Fanatic is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 21
If you have the extra money, get the X Series. It's loaded down with all these cool features. Go to ExmarkManufacturing on Youtube and watch the video of the S Series Turf Tracer and the X Series Turf Tracer. I would personally go with the X Series, it has lots of awesome goodies on it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-04-2014, 10:52 PM
xxl xxl is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: MO
Posts: 154
I wish they do a 48 in X series
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 PM.

Page generated in 0.08209 seconds with 9 queries