Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-20-2012, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Turf Tracer s or x-series

I'm in the market for a new turf tracer. Want the 52" deck and I noticed they now have the s-series and x-series turf tracers. I'm not sure which one to get? I know the x-series has larger tires and it has the series 4 deck. Anybody have any comparison on which one to get? It seems like most places only stock the s-series but I don't care if I have to order one. Any input is appreciated!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

x vs s

I drove them both, I call the s the homeowner model and the x the commercial model. Both are nice mowers, but the x is more substantial. Look at the comparisions on the website and you will see what I mean the spindle difference etc. In any event, the suspension seat is an option. The suspension seat makes a world of difference. Demo both and see what suits you. Also, there were two dealers in our area, there was about a $1500 price difference on the same model between the two dealers. Shop and drive!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztman View Post
I drove them both, I call the s the homeowner model and the x the commercial model. Both are nice mowers, but the x is more substantial. Look at the comparisions on the website and you will see what I mean the spindle difference etc. In any event, the suspension seat is an option. The suspension seat makes a world of difference. Demo both and see what suits you. Also, there were two dealers in our area, there was about a $1500 price difference on the same model between the two dealers. Shop and drive!!!!!!!
He's talking about walk behinds. If you can afford it go with the larger X series. Much faster and smoother. Mine has over 2000 hrs and running strong. Don't let the size fool you I can flick mine around easier than my 36" TT.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you can afford the X buy that one. I was looking at them side by side at the dealer once and the X just looks beefier. Good Luck

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 06-20-2012, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
He's talking about walk behinds. If you can afford it go with the larger X series. Much faster and smoother. Mine has over 2000 hrs and running strong. Don't let the size fool you I can flick mine around easier than my 36" TT.
My mistake, had lazers on my mind
Old 06-20-2012, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

There are advantages to whichever one you choose. For my $ I would go with the x series. Bigger engine with canister air cleaner, wider rear track which almost eliminates scalping, electric clutch. Personal preference but I think the ultracut 4 deck is a better deck than the series 2.

Having said all that the s series is going to be cheaper and may even be cheaper to operate in the short run since it will have a smaller engine and probably weighs less.

Most guys locally go with the s series to save on cost.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The x-series is $1000 more. Is it worth it? I think you can swap the 52" and 60" decks with the x-series. Anybody run them both?
Old 06-21-2012, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakleaf landscape View Post
The x-series is $1000 more. Is it worth it? I think you can swap the 52" and 60" decks with the x-series. Anybody run them both?
Yes, it is the same tractor unit for both. In my opinion it is worth it.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Member

If you have the extra money, get the X Series. It's loaded down with all these cool features. Go to ExmarkManufacturing on Youtube and watch the video of the S Series Turf Tracer and the X Series Turf Tracer. I would personally go with the X Series, it has lots of awesome goodies on it.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Member

I wish they do a 48 in X series