Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-15-2011, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Alright thanks a lot I called them and gave them your number and extention. You have been a great help and will definetly be buying you products again. One other thing, can you point me in the direction of finding a blade that will work with my mower?
Thanks again
Matt
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlythebest View Post
Alright thanks a lot I called them and gave them your number and extention. You have been a great help and will definetly be buying you products again. One other thing, can you point me in the direction of finding a blade that will work with my mower?
Thanks again
Matt
Posted via Mobile Device
We offer the standard blade part number 94-127 or the high lift 94-770. I have no reports of problems using these on the BBC models like you have.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Alright thanks did the dealer get in touch with you yet? Sorry to seem pushy its just that I use the 21 inch primaraly on wednsdays.
Thanks
Matt
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlythebest View Post
Alright thanks did the dealer get in touch with you yet? Sorry to seem pushy its just that I use the 21 inch primaraly on wednsdays.
Thanks
Matt
Posted via Mobile Device
No I have not had a call from them yet.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Dennis, you may want to put a very definitive marking on the blade or the sticker that identifies it as a G6 Gator. I can see that being a problem.

And just a kinda funny story...

Last year I went into a local mower dealer and asked for a set of Gators to fit an Exmark Lazer Z 60" since it was a Exmark dealer and that mower uses the same blades as my Dixie. He says "No problem" and fumbles around in the stock room for a sec. Then he comes out with 3 blades and slides them across the counter at me. I picked one up, flipped it over and there was no "Gator" stamped into the backside of the blade. I knew it wasn't a Gator to begin with because it had reversed teeth. I told him it wasn't a Gator. He said "Yeah it is, look at it". I told him he was trying to pass off some Chinese blade as a Gator and then I flipped it over. I said Gators have a little alligator stamped into the back and not the words Made In China. He said "whatever" and asked me whether I wanted them or not. I said "No thanks" and walked out the door.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Dennis, you may want to put a very definitive marking on the blade or the sticker that identifies it as a G6 Gator. I can see that being a problem.

Last year I went into a local mower dealer and asked for a set of Gators to fit an Exmark Lazer Z 60" since it was a Exmark dealer and that mower uses the same blades as my Dixie. He says "No problem" and fumbles around in the stock room for a sec. Then he comes out with 3 blades and slides them across the counter at me. I picked one up, flipped it over and there was no "Gator" stamped into the backside of the blade. I knew it wasn't a Gator to begin with because it had reversed teeth. I told him it wasn't a Gator. He said "Yeah it is, look at it". I told him he was trying to pass off some Chinese blade as a Gator and then I flipped it over. I said Gators have a little alligator stamped into the back and not the words Made In China. He said "whatever" and asked me whether I wanted them or not. I said "No thanks" and walked out the door.
Richard-
you should have handed him some monopoly money and said "it's the same thing" and then seen if he would have been willing to take that in exchange for the blades.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Member

The blades on my new 'hopper were really dull. Turns out that was a protective covering that wore off in use, leaving a sharp edge.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post

I have had that happen where a customer emailed to complain about the way the Gator Mulcher® he had just purchsed was not working like he expected. After we talked more and he sent me a picture of the blade and then a close up of the part number. It was one of the "Gator" look alikes with the reverse teeth. I sent him the real thing since the dealer would not refund his money and he was then pleased with the cut. We do make sure that the Gator imprint is on all Mulcher® blades. I will discuss adding a G6™ label to the blades.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Member

i have a KUBOTA ZD 326.. I took the mulching kit off due to it getting knocked against a rock/root and one of the blades was rubbing against the metal. I have run it with both the high lift and the regular blades and it was a mess covering me up with dust out the side discharge where before with the mulching kit it did not have much discharge. Anyway, a prior question was related to using a gator mulching blade with a mulching kit. Suggestion? IF I put the mulching kit back on will it perform well with the mulching blades? Also- no dealer located near me. Easiest way to purchase? THANKS!

ZD326
Old 08-16-2011, 04:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminibuddy View Post
Also- no dealer located near me. Easiest way to purchase? THANKS!
www.stonewelltrading.com has great prices and will ship them out quick.