Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybervision View Post
Dennis,

I am looking for a set of G6's for my Exmark Lazer 60" Ultracut. It currently has #103-6403 High Lifts which are 21-1/2" X 15/16" Hole. I have not had any luck finding the part number or anyone that sells them. They are not listed in your online catalog either. I am hoping you make them

Thank for you help,
Ed
Ed, We have the G6™ for this; the part number is 392-025. It is brand new and the dealers and web listings probably won't know about it until our new catalog comes out next month. Also I believe that is 20-1/2" in length not 21-1/2".
Old 09-01-2011, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dennis,

Thank you for the fast reply. I was hoping you were manufactuing this size. You are correct about the size. I knew they were 20-1/2" long I don't know why I typed the incorrect length. Now hopefully I will be able to get a set of blades and give them a try.
I used the older Gators on my old Bunton Walkbehind and they worked very well but I could not get enough lift out of Gators on the Ultracut. I hope the G6's will work out well.

Thanks,
Ed
Old 09-01-2011, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I tried my first set of G6 blades today per Richard Martins recommendation. I put them on my 60-inch Dixie Chopper. I could tell from the sound of the deck that they have far more lift than the standard gator blades. I didn't have much to mow as I am in a 3 week plus rotation due to lack of rain here. They seemed to do quite well where I did mow.

The mulching blades that I used before needed more lift so I used them as doubles with a high lift blade. Also the .203 thick gators tended to bow after a while.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Oregon,

I called my gravely dealer today looking for a set of gator blades and they said that on my mower (2011 gravely pro walk 36g) you cant use gator blades because they hit the top of the deck. Is this true? or will they work with a spacer or something. Specifically the g6's

Thanks
Old 09-01-2011, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ran them today for the first time.

Overall I'm impressed.

Not going to be my everyday blade, but with this hurricane induced surge growth, I sure liked the smaller clippings! I can feel the extra weight in the foot pedal.

Might have to try the '11 SuperZ 3" high lift Fusions.
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 09-01-2011, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Another full week on them, and I'm liking them more all the time. They really do reduce the size of the clippings down a lot from what the factory blades do, either std, or high lift, but I still believe that the OEM high lifts cut cleaner, though not by much.

I have an older lady that lives across the road from me, or I should say lived, 'cause she died last night, whose lawn I mow. I do just the front 'cause of all the dog crap in back now that two of her daughters are living there as well, and one has two dogs. I do it for free because she is/was elderly, and I liked both her and her husband who passed away last year. Their next door neighbor does the rear of the place for them. Anyway, since they are having a ton of family and visitors coming and going, I did the front today so that it'd look nice while everyone is over for the wake. Their crabgrass is running rampant lately, and these G6 blades really do a number on that stuff, even after everyone has driven all over it for the last three days.

I still think they'd be even better if the outer lift tooth was as high as the other teeth are, maybe even perfect or as close as is humanly possible for around these parts.

I also got to see a small preview of how they'll do on leaves (there's a tree on a property that I mow that sheds year round, but is starting to drop quite a few now), and it looks mighty promising!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:29 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawns4life View Post
Oregon,

I called my gravely dealer today looking for a set of gator blades and they said that on my mower (2011 gravely pro walk 36g) you cant use gator blades because they hit the top of the deck. Is this true? or will they work with a spacer or something. Specifically the g6's

Thanks
Had not heard that before. I will check into it.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:33 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Another full week on them, and I'm liking them more all the time. They really do reduce the size of the clippings down a lot from what the factory blades do, either std, or high lift, but I still believe that the OEM high lifts cut cleaner, though not by much.

I have an older lady that lives across the road from me, or I should say lived, 'cause she died last night, whose lawn I mow. I do just the front 'cause of all the dog crap in back now that two of her daughters are living there as well, and one has two dogs. I do it for free because she is/was elderly, and I liked both her and her husband who passed away last year. Their next door neighbor does the rear of the place for them. Anyway, since they are having a ton of family and visitors coming and going, I did the front today so that it'd look nice while everyone is over for the wake. Their crabgrass is running rampant lately, and these G6 blades really do a number on that stuff, even after everyone has driven all over it for the last three days.

I still think they'd be even better if the outer lift tooth was as high as the other teeth are, maybe even perfect or as close as is humanly possible for around these parts.

I also got to see a small preview of how they'll do on leaves (there's a tree on a property that I mow that sheds year round, but is starting to drop quite a few now), and it looks mighty promising!
I have mentioned this to the design and engineering department. They are looking into the feasibility of doing that.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Sponsor

For any of you who sometimes need to find a blade that isn't listed anywhere we do have a new site for that. As long as you know the length and center hole this will give you a list of all the Oregon® blades that are in the size range.

http://www.oregonchain.com/pro/looku...adelookup.aspx
Old 09-02-2011, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon OEP View Post
I have mentioned this to the design and engineering department. They are looking into the feasibility of doing that.
Well, if they can do it, I will definately want to try them!