Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-17-2012, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon OEP View Post
The 596-344 blades are shipping should be available. Still no firm date on the Hustler blades. The blade for your Gravely is part number 396-807 for the G6™, no G5™ at this time.
Can you recommend the next best blade available for a 66" Hustler Super Z with the XR7 deck since there is no g6 or g5? I think someone said the new VX4 Super Z blade will work. I'm having a heck of a time with clippings with the factory oem fusion blades.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post
i'll never go back to high lifts. deere high lifts cost $70 a set where as the g6 are $50 a set so they are cheaper.

i'm very happy with these blades and i see no reason to ever use stock high lifts again over these.

My sentiments exactly. I ordered 1 set to check them out and I am completely sold. I ordered 3 more sets ummmmm I think over 2 weeks ago from Stonewell Trading company. They sell they cheap enough but I wish I could get them sooner then a month after I order them. I HATE the ol' I order it from you and you order it from them. GRRRRRRR

As many people there are that like G6 blades, we should be able to trade information on the cheapest and fastest shipping vendors.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got two sets from Stonewell Trading this week -- ordered Sunday evening and they were on my doorstep by Wednesday morning.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weve View Post
I got two sets from Stonewell Trading this week -- ordered Sunday evening and they were on my doorstep by Wednesday morning.
I placed and paid for my order on May 5th. I ordered one set of blades on march 31 and they shipped on April 16th. I am presuming they do not stock my blades for my 48" 7 Iron deck.

On this recent order I placed, I purchased 3 sets of blades, so as long as I remember to order as soon as I install my last set of blades, it should be no big deal.

Oregon Outdoor Equipment Parts have always been a general staple in my line of parts and I am more than happy with their alternative to my stock blade options.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:56 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Alright after swapping back and forth between oem high lifts and the G6 blades I can say for sure on the X-Factor deck the G6 blades do not create as much vacuum. On thinner lawns or lawns that have some stalky junk in them the G6 blades leave some stragglers where as the oem high lifts do not.

The G6 blades do VERY well in wet conditions and they work well in highly maintained thick lush lawns. I am not so sure I actually see them chopping grass up finer or not. I cant really tell a difference in that aspect. If they are I cant tell it.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 05-20-2012, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Alright after swapping back and forth between oem high lifts and the G6 blades I can say for sure on the X-Factor deck the G6 blades do not create as much vacuum. On thinner lawns or lawns that have some stalky junk in them the G6 blades leave some stragglers where as the oem high lifts do not.

The G6 blades do VERY well in wet conditions and they work well in highly maintained thick lush lawns. I am not so sure I actually see them chopping grass up finer or not. I cant really tell a difference in that aspect. If they are I cant tell it.
Probably won't matter what deck it is,the G6's simply won't generate the exact amount of vacuum as hi-lifts,simply not enough lift. I too am finding stragglers being left behind with thinner lawns,my solution is to double up with low lift up top and G's on bottom.

As for the clipping size reduction with the G6's,find a concrete patio and shoot some clippings on surface for comparison amongst the two baldes and report back with your findings
Old 06-07-2012, 02:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post

So PSC G6 or stay with factory high lifts?
Old 06-07-2012, 02:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Gator G6 Blades

I have set of Gator G6 Blades on my Kubota ZD331. I really like them. I notice no RPM drop what so ever. As good as I like the blades I still have to double cut sometimes, but not near much as before. The G6 blades really cut the grass up into really fine pieces.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
So PSC G6 or stay with factory high lifts?
I would stay with the factory blades. I do think the G6 blades are worth a try. They did very good on thick lush lawns and in wet conditions but so does the factory blades. I just couldnt really tell if they were chopping up the grass finer or not.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 06-07-2012, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea this X-Factor sure does pulverize the grass nicely!