Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-16-2012, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Go to this site, then go the box at the left where it gives you 3 ways to look up your blades. I normally look them up by manu, but you can do it easily if you know your blade part #. Just remember that sometimes you have to pay attention to how things are set up in the search by manufacturer section, meaning you may not see a blade of the correct length that says it's specifically for your mower in your manu's section (assuming you're looking at the correct length blades for your manu to begin with), but there may be one or more that are lumped into the same section with one that is stated specifically for your machine. That's common when looking up the G6's BTW, so check out the length, the center hole, and the thickness dimensions of yours, then use them to cross reference blades on the site listed for your brand of machine-

http://www.oregonchain.com/pro/produ...des/blades.htm
I got it! Thanks now I know what to be looking for. Tomorrow when I'm done mowing I will take a blade off and measure the center hole and see what it is so I can purchase those blades as soon as possible!!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Man View Post
I got it! Thanks now I know what to be looking for. Tomorrow when I'm done mowing I will take a blade off and measure the center hole and see what it is so I can purchase those blades as soon as possible!!!!
I know they show this on their site, but in case you missed it, make sure to also measure your blade from tip to tip diagonally- tip of the cutting edge at one end to tip of the sail at the other end. Not all blades for a given deck size are the same length due to where the spindles are mounted on the deck's top from brand to brand (and even within brands that have more than one style of deck of the same length), so make sure you also know that measurement when looking up blades.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone know the part # for 61" Ferris ICD deck?

I want to try the G6, I sure hope they will help cut down on double cutting. We have had a lot of rain here this year and more on the way this weekend and next week.

Also, where is the best place to order them from?

Thanks

Old 08-17-2012, 07:38 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Curious if anyone knows the price for a 60" hustler x-1. Looked ten up on jacks small engine and they were $27.27 per blade.

This about right? Anywhere else to check?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-17-2012, 08:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
Curious if anyone knows the price for a 60" hustler x-1. Looked ten up on jacks small engine and they were $27.27 per blade.

This about right? Anywhere else to check?
I get my blades from Stonewell Trading. http://www.stonewelltradingcompany.c...G6_Blades.html

Old 08-17-2012, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I get my blades from Stonewell Trading. http://www.stonewelltradingcompany.c...G6_Blades.html
Thanks Richard. Those are a lot cheaper and will save some money!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-17-2012, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here is the part# org 396-727
Old 08-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I don't know if it'd be in your manual or not. It isn't in mine that I can fine. I know what my OEM part numbers are though, so I look them up by that. The easiest way to know is to take one of your current blades off of your mower and measure the center hole. A tape works fine, but if you're not sure, use a dial caliper or something. If you use the tape, just make sure to burn an inch or two before measuring, meaning don't use the hook at the end of the tape itself. There's usually too much play in it, so just use one of the inch marks and measure the widest point of your center hole. Don't mean to sound insulting like you don't know how to use a tape. Just trying to be clear.

Some of the G5's are out already, but I haven't seen any listed on their site anywhere yet, and Dennis (OregonOEP here on LS) who is the factory rep, told me in a PM last spring they'd be out mainly this fall.
There are around 60 new G5 blades scheduled to release sometime in October. I will pass on more information next month.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon OEP View Post
There are around 60 new G5 blades scheduled to release sometime in October. I will pass on more information next month.
Great! Thanks for the update Dennis.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon OEP View Post
Cool! It wouldn't hurt to test those out as well!