Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #591  
Old 03-31-2014, 10:59 PM
fobaum fobaum is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ft lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 307
I said before I'll say it again g6,g5 blades are the most revolutionary blade in a long time... thanks oregon
__________________
Expert lawn maintenance & landscaping LLC.
2012 f350 6.7L Ultimate lariat
2008 tundra 5.7 d-cab -sold-
1998 isuzu diesel dump 14,500gvw
2011 grandstand 60''
2009 phazer 34"
2013 gs 36'
Reply With Quote
  #592  
Old 04-01-2014, 07:00 AM
grassbutler's Avatar
grassbutler grassbutler is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by fobaum View Post
I said before I'll say it again g6,g5 blades are the most revolutionary blade in a long time... thanks oregon
Love the G6's. Ordered 3rd sets to rotate into my gravely 52 and my gravely 48 pro turns. Just got two sets of g3's for my toro 40" grandstand.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #593  
Old 04-08-2014, 09:43 PM
360lawncare's Avatar
360lawncare 360lawncare is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mocksville NC
Posts: 390
Been using the g5 and really like them on my Husqvarna mz5225. Used to get allot of buildup on the deck when the grass was wett mowed today for the first time in wett grass and hardly had anything caked up on the bottom so far I really like these blades!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #594  
Old 04-09-2014, 11:09 PM
JF660R JF660R is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SW MO
Posts: 69
Been having trouble with my 48" Hustler Sport deck packing / clogging with grass anytime there is any moisture. Had some mixed advice as to high vs low lift blades. Anyone solved this type of issue by switching to a particular blade?



URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JamesFoster/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140401_164936_resized.jpg.html][/URL]
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #595  
Old 04-24-2014, 12:53 PM
S & L Lawn Solutions LLC.'s Avatar
S & L Lawn Solutions LLC. S & L Lawn Solutions LLC. is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bainbridge Georgia
Posts: 60
Got to order me a set of these..
__________________

Covering Area: North Florida & South Georgia
Call- S & L Lawn Solutions for all your outdoor needs.
Chevy Silverado 1500
Z925 John Deere
T254 Hybrid Trimmer
7x14 Enclosed Trailer (Freedom Trailer)
PB500-T Blower

Last edited by S & L Lawn Solutions LLC.; 04-24-2014 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Mis-spelled word
Reply With Quote
  #596  
Old 04-24-2014, 02:34 PM
mtmower's Avatar
mtmower mtmower is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Western Montana
Posts: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by JF660R View Post
Been having trouble with my 48" Hustler Sport deck packing / clogging with grass anytime there is any moisture. Had some mixed advice as to high vs low lift blades. Anyone solved this type of issue by switching to a particular blade?



URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JamesFoster/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140401_164936_resized.jpg.html][/URL]
Posted via Mobile Device
Like anything you may find a blade that clogs your deck less in wet but then you typically loose vacuum and lift on the grass as a trade off.

I've run the G5 on my 66" SZ and they do ok and do make my clippings smaller. They may help a little in grass build up under my deck but it's not a huge difference. Honestly, where I live, spring is for the most part the only time I have an issue deck build up regardless of the blade style. My G5s spit out more little clumps when wet then my HL blades.

The HL blades do a little better at lift and moving the clipping farther out from the deck as well as spreading my clippings better, but my clippings a larger.

Each deck style combined with the mowers speed is different IMO. I've had other brand mowers and tried the G6 blades with little if any difference, may have actually made the stingers a little worse. I have a Encore 36" hydro walk behind with a fairly open deck and I can't be happier with the G5s on it.
Reply With Quote
  #597  
Old 04-27-2014, 11:45 AM
JF660R JF660R is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SW MO
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
Like anything you may find a blade that clogs your deck less in wet but then you typically loose vacuum and lift on the grass as a trade off.

I've run the G5 on my 66" SZ and they do ok and do make my clippings smaller. They may help a little in grass build up under my deck but it's not a huge difference. Honestly, where I live, spring is for the most part the only time I have an issue deck build up regardless of the blade style. My G5s spit out more little clumps when wet then my HL blades.

The HL blades do a little better at lift and moving the clipping farther out from the deck as well as spreading my clippings better, but my clippings a larger.

Each deck style combined with the mowers speed is different IMO. I've had other brand mowers and tried the G6 blades with little if any difference, may have actually made the stingers a little worse. I have a Encore 36" hydro walk behind with a fairly open deck and I can't be happier with the G5s on it.
Well I ordered a set and put them right to the test. By the time I switched the blades out and changed the oil etc. It was after 7pm. This was my first mow of the season and the grass was 8-10" tall. I cut it down to 3.25" and as it got dark and the temp dropped the dew set in. The tires were glossy wet, which would normally have meant time to start bogging down.

It just went on cutting no problem. I didn't have to scrape once. Idk if the aggressive sails have a raking effect that helps clear the deck or what. And as you mentioned there is probably a trade off. But as of now, I'll take it. Anything to mow no stop, no scraping.

I'm a fan.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #598  
Old 04-27-2014, 12:47 PM
Optimum Lawn's Avatar
Optimum Lawn Optimum Lawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North West BC Canada
Posts: 151
Just put a set of G6's on my Gravely Prostance 61. So far in doing spring cleanups nothing stands a chance....leaves, dead grass, twigs...it all just gets pulverized in one pass. Very impressive. Fall cleanups are gonna be super easy to do.
Looking forward to seeing how well it does on green wet grass. Will it clump or finely chop and spread the clippings out into a nice neat disappearing act.
Reply With Quote
  #599  
Old 05-01-2014, 12:58 PM
chucky2 chucky2 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1
Hi Oregon was wondering if you could help me here:

We have a Craftsman YTS4000 lawn tractor, model 917.289253. The sticker on it lists blades as 422719. I'd like to get Gator G5 blades for it, but when I use the Oregon lookup for Craftsman, SEARS, or Sears, I get no results (for any blades, not just the G5).

Does Oregon just not makes blades for this mower?
Reply With Quote
  #600  
Old 05-01-2014, 06:03 PM
JF660R JF660R is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SW MO
Posts: 69
Got quick tech help from Oregon using the contact info on their site.

Alison Heynderickx

Lead, Technical Support

Customer Service Representative

P:*503.653.4706

*****800.223.5168

F:*503.353.6423

E:*Alison.heynderickx@blount.com
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:38 PM.

Page generated in 0.08544 seconds with 8 queries