Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-29-2011, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Email Invoicing????

Anyone Send invoices my email? How is it? Effective?
My thoughts are Now-a-days who doesnt have a phone strapped to their hip or Who doesnt check their email daily <At least! I know with my 3D HTC EVO i get emails sent straight to my phone!

I Think its a Great idea, the software i use to type up all my Invoices, Estimates, etc. Will Also send out invoices for me for free.. I tried it out. And I can Customize what the email will say and everything then attached is their Invoice in a PDF Format, Then they can either send a check to me or Pay with Paypal...
Im thinking about offering a 5% Discount off their NEXT/ONE TIME ONLY bill.
Smart idea or not so much???

In the Long run it will save me ink, paper, and Postage...

Thoughts on this would be greatly Appreciated!

Last edited by cuttin-to-the-Max; 06-29-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a good idea and would work for most of my clients. But I have several that are people in their 70's or 80's that probably dont even know how to turn the computer on. I would have to keep sending paper bills to some.
Stihl
9mm
Old 06-29-2011, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No doubt! Same here!
I know i have some "elderly" People who would Definitely need a Written Invoice But a good chunk of my customers could take advantage of this.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

billings works great
Old 06-29-2011, 01:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think its a super idea. As more and more people use online banking and EFT's and smartphones, etc, etc..... It's gonna be the way to go.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

We are in an "electronic age" now. Tons of people have smart phones now and carry them everywhere. Many people have started to move to paying bills online. Its convenient for people to pay bills online and recieve stuff through their email. Many people also like the fact that it saves paper and postage.

I think its a great idea to start sending bills through email (as long as the customer is fine with it). It will save you money over the long run and may even be more efficient to do so.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 06-29-2011, 02:36 AM
LawnSite Member

It works great. We email 95%of our invoices and quotes and with the assistance of mobile devices we can send as we leave the property. Of course there are always going to be a few that for one reason or another need a printed invoice but that's not a problem. All things considered we find it a great way to do business and with electronic funds transfers becoming more and more popular we never even have to touch or have money in the trucks. There is also no excuses for not getting bills any more because emails are accessible pretty much everywhere now.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have about 20% on e-mail invoicing. I have offered it the past three seasons. The only ones who have opted in favor are astute computer users. Many others don't even know the term.

Some others who are astute computer users have said "No way, I get so many e-mails, I am afraid your invoice would get lost." They want a paper copy.

Some comments above speak about the trends toward electronic delivery. But, some are already aware that overload is a danger, and they don't want to risk my invoice getting lost in their political grams, their jokes, the advertising, etc. It is not uncommon to get 50, or 80 e-mails a day, some up to 200. If you had that much mail coming via USPS to the box at the curb, would you run the risk of getting your invoice lost in 100 pieces of advertising, and junk mail?
Old 06-29-2011, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks everyone for the input please keep it coming!
Mowerbrad said it well this is an electronic age and that is 100% true! My point exactly!
Roger and everyone else also has a good point, about people getting tons of junk mail. I have a gmail and I rarely ever get junk mail... On the other hand my parents have over 20000 in spam in their yahoo account
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-02-2011, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I e-mail invoices to about 80% of my customers. The software is My Invoices and Estimates Deluxe. Once I'm done with all the info for each customer, I hit one button to send all invoices with a certain date or date range.

Saves a bunch of time and postage.