Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-13-2011, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I can proudly say after sending out the announcement on the Email invoicing (I also took off 5% of their 4th EMAILED bill)
I have had almost 50% of my customers sign up...And growing daily!

ooo About the 4th Emailed bill thing...I know im going to get questions about it!
I spoke with one of my buddys in the same business He suggested i Not take it off the 1st or second bill...... because this will make it so i dont loose money off the one time emailers. AKA "people who only are doing it for the 5% discount"
Old 07-13-2011, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I woulden't reward people with a discount just because they gave you their email address. I simply said "We are going all paperless, so please include your email address so i can start to email you the invoice" and people sent it back.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 07-13-2011, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
I woulden't reward people with a discount just because they gave you their email address. I simply said "We are going all paperless, so please include your email address so i can start to email you the invoice" and people sent it back.
Yeah well the discounts went to all my commercials Not resisi's
I appreciate their business and i want them to know that. (so i get them back for snow!)
So this might cut me a couple hundred short but hopefully i will make it up in the winter and fall.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
I Email about 90% of my customers, the rest are old people, or people who just never use a computer, I will say it saves me a few hours a month by not having to sit down and hand write all the envelopes out.
Why would you be sitting down and hand write all the envelopes? What are you using for financial management software?

Any reasonable financial management software includes an Invoice feature. Why not use this feature, send the invoices from the software via e-mail? The name/address information is part of the customer profile, and is put on the invoice in the proper place for surface mailing. Why do you wish to enter your data two times, once for the invoicing procedure, and once for your financial management software?

I have seen many posts like this, suggesting all the data must be entered twice. I don't understand why anybody wants to spend the time for double entry, and risk the possibility of error and inconsistency.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Member

The main thing is getting the invoice in their hands in a way that works for the situation.
Then, remember if you are emailing the invoices by a method other than through your bookkeeping software, be sure to maintain a solid audit trail from the emailed invoice back into the bookkeeping system. You may have to devise the audit trail yourself but itís worth it.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I email all my invoices, that is unless there paying cash on the spot. I'm required by one of my customers (bank foreclosure) to send pictures of the finished job with a invoice attached.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Looking for software that we can keep all client information, detailed accounts and able to do estimates,invoices, letters etc. for a outdoor service company. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
Old 07-27-2011, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Member

a lot of "tech" companies that i know like freshbooks.com Looks like you can sign up for free and has some cool payment options for customers (ie paypal) plus auto follow up.

Also just for anyone reading, I recently got a Square device www.squareup.com which lets me take creditcards right from my phone. free also and like 2.75% for each transaction
Old 07-29-2011, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

www.landscapebilling.com

I do all of my billing through this now. You can email all of your customers at once when invoices are due. Customers can log in on their own to view/download/print/pay invoices from the past to present.

This is the main reason I got it because people weren't keeping up with when we were coming and calling me saying, "You charged my card but did not come".

Now they get the invoice notice the day it is completed, they pay, problem solved.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi cuttin-to-the-Max,
What software are you using?