Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-19-2002, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Member

new Snapper ZTR

I've been lurking a while here and have found lots of good info, but see very little about Snapper Commercial ZTR's. I have a Snapper Pro Cruiser 61" deck, 25hp Kohler. Aside from some engine complaints, I like it very much. My unit is just over 2 years old, but I am considering buying an additional ZTR of similar size as a primary unit, while keeping my current as a back-up. My dealer has told me that Snapper is going to introduce a new ZTR in the near future. I have seen very little about Snapper on this site, and I was wondering what experiance with Snapper anyone here has had. Also, what other manufacturers would you use/recomend for a similar sized ZTR?
FWIW, my mowing consists of commercial property and one cemetary.
TIA.
Old 10-19-2002, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have any experience with Snapper ZTR's. I've never had any complaints on all the other Snappers I have used. I notice that there's not alot said about them on this site. Hopefully, you'll get some feedback. Good luck. By the way, Welcome to Lawnsite. You can find alot of info by searching this site. Where in Texas are you located?
Old 10-19-2002, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Well i've had experance with the Snapper Yard Cruiser ZTR's and personaly I'd rather mow an entire lawn with a trimmer than a damn Snapper! They are worthless for commercial cutting and break down on almost a weekly basis. The deck is made very cheap and does not hold up. I'd personally recommend almost anything else besides a Snapper ZTR, but then you might hear someone that has good luck with them. That's just my two cents worth on them.

God Bless America, America will kick some as*!!!
Old 10-19-2002, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Whoa-hoa Hoosier!!
Lets be sure evryone knows, the "YARD CRUISER" is Snappers residential ZTR. Snapper has two Commercial ZTR's; the Pro-Cruiser which is a mid-mount, and the Turf-Cruiser which is the front mount.
I have no personal experiance with the residential models, although I have a local commpetitor who uses one. From what I can see, the residential model is vastly different from the commercial model. About the only similarities are they both have the seat on top.

Turfguy- I'm about 1 hour east of Dallas.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Member

I use Snapper walk behinds. I really like them. I don't know much about the ztr's. I have heard a few complaints about the joy stick control, but that may be a matter of preference. Like metioned before there is a big difference in the "Yard Crusier" and commercial models. I was at the dealership a while back and a guy thinking of getting started in lawn care, was there looking at the "yard crusiers" the dealer told him it would not last a month for commercail use. He did not buy it.
Old 10-20-2002, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Member

The joystick control is an option, I have the twin stick control.
Maybe I should rephrase my question:

I will be looking to buy another ZTR this season. What specific features would you guys recomend. I know there is a lot of brand loyalty here, but what specifically do you guys like/dislike about your machines? I purchased Snapper last time, because there are 2 dealers within 10 miles either side of me, and no dealers of other brands within 20 miles. Would it be worth the extra travel time to do business with another brand dealer?