Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-30-2011, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Tonneau Covers

I'm looking at buying a tonneau cover for my truck and just looking for some opinions...

Specifically, I'm looking at the Bak Flip tonneau cover. I like the look of it and the fact that it is easily removed from the truck if I want to take it off while hauling stuff. The main reason for wanting a tonneau cover is to prevent theft of stuff in my bed (ie, leaf blowers, trimmers) while I'm parked and also to keep things dry in my bed so I'm not worried if it rains out while I have gear in my bed. Plus it will make my bed more versitile in the winter months too.

The Bak Flip F1 that I'm looking at is $950, but I've got a coupon code for the online store I will buy from that will bring the price down to $855 with free shipping. It's still a lot of money and I don't want to spend nearly a grand on something that most people don't like anyway.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 07-11-2011, 03:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a diamondback (aluminum diamond plate) cover on my truck. Awesome cover, a little pricey, and could be removed in about 10-15 minutes. You could put 1600lbs on top and lock it up tight. I had my trimmers, blower, tools, etc.... locked up in it. Got a new truck so I no longer need it but it was one hell of a cover! Have it for sale in the marketplace.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=355956
Old 07-11-2011, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerbrad View Post
It's still a lot of money and I don't want to spend nearly a grand on something that most people don't like anyway.
Do you not like a cover? Who cares what others "think". If you think it'll help you then do what you need to do.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I had this cover on my last truck. It was awesome! I could put it on in less than 10 mintues and take it off again in 10 minutes. Also it was nice that you can fold it up and leave it on while driving around if need be. http://www.extangfactoryoutlet.com/extang-trifecta.html
2002 6x12 Single Axle Landscaping Trailer
2013 7x16 Quality Equipment Trailer
1994 5x8 Lone Wolf Trailer

Exmark, Snapper, Ferris, Encore, Billy Goat, Honda, Echo, Stihl, Husky, and Ryan

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=344647
http://www.mcginnlandscaping.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/McG...30091293747444
Old 07-12-2011, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLawn View Post
Do you not like a cover? Who cares what others "think". If you think it'll help you then do what you need to do.
I don't care what others think of how it looks/functions. I like how it works, how it attaches, how its built and how it looks. I was more concerned with how satisfied users are/were with the bakflips. If they don't think they seal well and tend to leak, I would want to know. If they don't install as easy as they look, I would want to know.

I'm pretty set on the Bak Flip F1, I've actually decided to order it. I just have to finish a few things over the next week or so and then I will be ordering the Bak Flip F1. It seems to have received very good reviews from users, with minimal poor reviews.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 07-13-2011, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I looked at those too but then decided on the Diamondback HD. More expensive (few hundred) but that thing is bulletproof! The standard duty version is the same price as the bakflip. I had 3 guys plus 150lbs of stuff on it without a sweat moving some stuff. Plus you can add small tool holders inside each side. Good luck and hope it works out for you!