Register free!

Old 07-16-2011, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Welcome to middle/old age; my wife's legs collapsed on her during clam digging the other day. Had to go down to the beach and drag the biddy home:"that's what friends are for".
thats how i courted my wife. good luck to billl and let this be a lesson to all of us indstructable men.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-17-2011, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'm late to the discussion and shocked. Bill and I collaborate quite a bit, refer each other and share clients. He has a very niche water management service where he programs his clients irrigation controller and checks irrigation and does whatever improvements or repairs that are needed. He is the brightest guy I know when it comes to the combination of irrigation knowledge and plant knowledge. Like everyone he does what work comes along as that core business is not really strong enough to support a family.

He was the president of the local Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD) but I think his term is up but he really enjoys doing the design work. There again not a lot of that going on. It will be difficult to do what he does he is a great guy and most of his clients are long time clients I can't imagine who else could do what he does I have not even heard of anyone besides him providing the water management service.

I have been so busy that it didn't even occur to me that we have not talked for a couple of weeks. Things have been picking up here and I have gone from 7 to 12 employees and I know every time we talked he was slammed too.
His older son has worked for me in the past I will call him and see what I can do to help. What a bummer.

“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.”
Old 07-17-2011, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonV View Post
Good luck to Billl and let this be a lesson to all of us indestructible men.
Posted via Mobile Device
Indeed. I used to be one of those.

I work solo, and I've reached a point in life where I know my physical limits. Turned down an install job the other day and referred them to a younger friend. I can manage about 4 to 5 hrs. a day working a shovel, demo hammer etc. A little less time behind a trencher or rototiller.

I've got a bum hip, and sometimes the hardest part of the day is getting up and down when working on my knees, which is often, or walking up and down uneven ground or wet and slippery slopes.

A runner friend refers to Ibuprofen as Vitamin I. It's been a wonder drug for me.

Strokes are part of my family history on one side, aortic aneurysms on the other.

I learned a few weeks ago that I will become a grandfather in January, so I'm taking my health more seriously. Some weight loss should reduce my risk of stroke and help me move more easily too. Working on it. Colonoscopy probably a good idea too.

My heart goes out to Bill and his family. I wish him a speedy and complete recovery. I've been around people who have had strokes and other brain injuries. Recovery can be long, hard and frustrating. Hang in there.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Adding our prayers for a speedy recovery for Bill. Strength and prayers also for the family members. We have seen medical miracles and will be praying for the same for Bill.
Thanks to all nearby who are lending helping hands.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Bill, my thoughts are with you and your family.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Bill programmed a Rain Dial for a job I turned him on to; junk system. He had a print-out and a suggestion/estimate for the client in ten minutes. What a pro; he knew his plants and their needs and could explain it to clients understandably.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I just rolled into town from the desert with no cell or internet. I am really bummed to hear about Inspired. Out of all of us scum bags here I always thought he was a real even tempered hard working guy. ie I like him.

I will pray for him and his family. Jim will see you soon and get more details and how I can help.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGOS View Post
I just rolled into town from the desert with no cell or internet. I am really bummed to hear about Inspired. Out of all of us scum bags here I always thought he was a real even tempered hard working guy. ie I like him.

I will pray for him and his family. Jim will see you soon and get more details and how I can help.
i am looking forward to meeting you argos, text or call and i'll meet you at the hatchery.

i am on a waiting list to talk to bill on the phone, he has to be having a good day and he can't talk much so, it should be doing most of the talking, sounds like me.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Any updates on his condition?
Old 07-24-2011, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkus View Post
Any updates on his condition?
sorry sprink, i don't get online as often as i was last year.

bill is @ ST. LUKES BEHAVORIAL CENTER room 101......hrs 9am - 8pm.

he is eating semi solid foods, soft foods and juices. last i heard is that they still have a feeding tube inserted in his belly.

his personality and moods increase daily, he seems to be impressing the staff with his progress every day. who'da thunk that he's an inspiring type of guy you know.

hoskmo was going to see billy if he could this weekend, i hope he can

billy has a long road ahead of him, an account will be set up to accept donations in the near future............it takes someone in the area to lay the foundation so there are no legal issues, that is being investigated at this time.

once done, the information will be posted and i think that if everyone on the irrigation forum made an effort to contribute to the best of their ability that we can make a huge difference for this family in these bad times.