Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-05-2011, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLLServicesCT View Post
Well I have raised hell in these towns and have been talking to my lawyer with further steps to take. As for modifications the truck is lifted, offroad tires, fully strobed out, many aux lights, marker lighting, 200' of tow chain are in there too, and yes it's red. All modifications are legal and are within regulation. Had the truck inspected to double check on top of my research. All the mods are FOR BuSINESS for not only landscaping as what I use it for.
Well, there's the problem, if it only sat 3 inches from the ground, had more aluminum in 21" wheels than a full beer truck of cans, had dark tinted windows with full wrap chrome accent and rumbled like a thunderstorm, you'd never get pulled over. It all comes under hiding behind the NAACP at that point..
Old 07-05-2011, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newz7151 View Post
Well, there's the problem, if it only sat 3 inches from the ground, had more aluminum in 21" wheels than a full beer truck of cans, had dark tinted windows with full wrap chrome accent and rumbled like a thunderstorm, you'd never get pulled over. It all comes under hiding behind the NAACP at that point..
But it's all legal! It's all for a purpose! Not for show...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-06-2011, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Well I have raised hell in these towns and have been talking to my lawyer with further steps to take. As for modifications the truck is lifted, offroad tires, fully strobed out, many aux lights, marker lighting, 200' of tow chain are in there too, and yes it's red. All modifications are legal and are within regulation. Had the truck inspected to double check on top of my research. All the mods are FOR BuSINESS for not only landscaping as what I use it for.
If I was a cop I pull you over to with that stuff on I be checking see if its legal I had a jack up truck once and I got pulled over in about every town I went to They want check bumper height every time

If dont like getting pulled over then trade it off
Old 07-06-2011, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
But it's all legal! It's all for a purpose! Not for show...
Posted via Mobile Device
Post a pic!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-06-2011, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Not for show? Please. A big lift and off-road tires have no practical purpose in landscaping and in fact make the truck less usable. All "strobed out?" If you do extensive night work in traffic then I understand. If you don't, you're just a dork with strobes on your truck. If you are driving perfectly legally than I suppose the cops are going a little hard on you. But if you have a big loud exhaust with a chip that overfuels and dumps out black smoke than you are just asking for it. Drive like a professional in a truck that looks professional, not flashy and you should never get pulled over.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosejockey2002 View Post
Not for show? Please. A big lift and off-road tires have no practical purpose in landscaping and in fact make the truck less usable. All "strobed out?" If you do extensive night work in traffic then I understand. If you don't, you're just a dork with strobes on your truck. If you are driving perfectly legally than I suppose the cops are going a little hard on you. But if you have a big loud exhaust with a chip that overfuels and dumps out black smoke than you are just asking for it. Drive like a professional in a truck that looks professional, not flashy and you should never get pulled over.
Why do you think I'm complaining? I have a perfect driving record, an exhaust on my truck and it's quiet. I do extensive night work YES. I do work in some of the most remote areas with 10" of mud and water YES. Is a lift and off road tires needed? YES. Do you read the post before you say things? I'm not being a jackass, it's working, not only for landscaping! Read before you say things in prejudice based on the circumstances.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-07-2011, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Just an addition as well....I'm refering to THIS YEAR, the truck has been like this for 3 years since 08' and I NEVER got pulled over until this year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-07-2011, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=352612&page=2

pics of the truck here. The only thing I'd question are the chain binders hangin on the front. Nice truck, I like it!

My E-450 Dovetail Van project thread.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=351062&page=7
Old 07-07-2011, 04:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have to agree with the people saying that your asking for it. Your a target. Is it fair? NO. But its the truth. It also does not look professional. If it was just a toy for you it looks fun. For a work truck? If you drove up to my house to give an estimate i would be laughing at you. I would have many jokes in my mind by the time you left. Just being honest man. No dissrespect meant.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 07-07-2011, 07:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The reason you are getting pulled over for one is the chains and binders hanging off the back of your truck. Their not secured properly and another thing they think your trying to hold something on the front together with that chain and those binders. Throw the chain and binders in the back for a month or two and see if that stops the problem