Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 07-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 39,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead88 View Post
Don't worry about those details. They'll help you work it all out when you buy your 8 zone xcore and solar sync for $148 at Home Depot
Izzat the outdoor version?
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 07-23-2011, 05:56 PM
waterhead88 waterhead88 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 2
Didn't check. Only ever tried an early one. Once was enough. Saw the same that it could be 100 degrees for a week. Two cloudy days and the water would plunge.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-23-2011, 06:05 PM
bcg bcg is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tx
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkus View Post
I've got a job with a couple of Solar Syncs on it. Darn things are running at 60% with 100 degree temperatures. WTF?
Check the Region and Factor (or whatever it's called) settings on it. I've found that region 3 and the factor set somewhere between 7 and 9 work best for Tx. A lot of people will set them to region 4 thinking they'll get more water but that actually does the opposite.

Also, they work on a 3 day average so a couple of cloudy days will effect them down. I don't think the sensor is a thermometer but rather just senses whether or not it's sunny.

They're better than just a rain sensor but they're still pretty crude.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Sprinkus's Avatar
Sprinkus Sprinkus is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,815
Will do. Appreciate the info.
The local Hunter Tech who will remain nameless D set it up.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-24-2011, 07:08 AM
AI Inc's Avatar
AI Inc AI Inc is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 21,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcg View Post
Check the Region and Factor (or whatever it's called) settings on it. I've found that region 3 and the factor set somewhere between 7 and 9 work best for Tx. A lot of people will set them to region 4 thinking they'll get more water but that actually does the opposite.

Also, they work on a 3 day average so a couple of cloudy days will effect them down. I don't think the sensor is a thermometer but rather just senses whether or not it's sunny.

They're better than just a rain sensor but they're still pretty crude.
Im running them at 3 water 9 and they are still too greedy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-24-2011, 09:46 AM
bcg bcg is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tx
Posts: 1,776
AI, you need to turn your water down some. Try 3/7 or 3/5 and see how it does.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-29-2011, 09:02 PM
ZX12R ZX12R is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Morris County,NJ
Posts: 749
As I mentioned earlier,I brought the X-Core 8 station back and got the Hunter PCC900i. I feel better now,the x-core was a tad small.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX12R View Post
As I mentioned earlier,I brought the X-Core 8 station back and got the Hunter PCC900i. I feel better now,the x-core was a tad small.
Hope you aren't running high and low voltage wiring in the same conduit.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-30-2011, 10:37 AM
S.O.Contracting S.O.Contracting is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: State Of Panic
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Hope you aren't running high and low voltage wiring in the same conduit.
His clock doesn't have any power yet. The blank display is kinda a give away. Probably just gonna use a pigtail to the outlet. Or the external transformer supplied with an indoor pro-c.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 AM.

Page generated in 0.09241 seconds with 8 queries