Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-27-2002, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Thinking About Expanding

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME OUT. THIS WAS MY 2nd YEAR DOING LAWN MAINTENANCE PART TIME AND I 'M THINKING ABOUT EXPANDING. I LIVE IN NY AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME JUST HOW TO GO ABOUT GETTING A BUSSINESS LICENSE AND THE PESTACIDE LICENSE IN NY STATE ALSO HOW MUCH EACH ONE COSTS. ANY INFO WOULD BE HELPFUL......

ALSO 1 MORE THIMG IF ANYONE KNOWS A GOOD INSURANCE PLAN FOR A SMALL BUSSINESS AND THE COST ILL APPRECHIATE IF YOU CAN SHARE THAT WITH ME...
Old 10-27-2002, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to LawnSite and the first thing that I'd like to share with you is to ask you to Please Turn Off your 'caps'. This is the equivalent of shouting (rude). Each state and some municipalities have differing requirements for licenses but in general, you will need a business license to conduct business in your city or county. You may need a contractor's license depending on local regulation. A Pesticide license is also important and the info should be available from your county extension agent or dept. of agriculture. Some areas require that you charge sales tax for services. Good luck.