Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-07-2011, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Getting bermuda outta st. augustine

If you do your hired, and I'm not talking burnout and re-sod. Nobody in my area knows how to take care of this. Lawn is my mothers house, in pinellas county.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
If you do your hired, and I'm not talking burnout and re-sod. Nobody in my area knows how to take care of this. Lawn is my mothers house, in pinellas county.
South

You have not been reading Lawnsite or doing a search on Lawnsite for that information. I can control Bermuda in St Augustine and have proven it by letting Gregory use my Mixture on his yard. He posted Pictures of Dead Bermuda in St Augustine. If he doesn't reply to this post PM him for verification.

Then PM me with your location to see if I can travel there. If you are out side my area, oh well too bad.

BTW there comes a point where too much Bermuda and too little St Augustine is better and quicker repaired with a re-sod. But if there is enough St Augustine in the area or you can place plugs then My Kill out works great.

If you have a real bad infestation of Bermuda, Seeds will continue to contaminate your St Augustine. Many of my Bermuda control customer get a once a year retreat for new Bermuda seeds that blow in from next door in many cases.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

yeah i havent been on here and I'm way on the other side of Florida from you ric. I was hoping someone local could come out and do their thing.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
yeah i havent been on here and I'm way on the other side of Florida from you ric. I was hoping someone local could come out and do their thing.

Good Luck

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 07-07-2011, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

So how would one re-sod with St Augustine if Bermuda is present. I know you could cut it out and lay in the new, but what about the seeds and what is below the 1 inch you take out?
Old 07-07-2011, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yes i have... and it worked great.. i plan on making my way up by ric in the next few weeks to get more for this winter...
Old 07-07-2011, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkownfl View Post
So how would one re-sod with St Augustine if Bermuda is present. I know you could cut it out and lay in the new, but what about the seeds and what is below the 1 inch you take out?
You would have to spray with a herbicide such as RU that will also kill the SA. Wait awhile as the Bermuda will most likely rise again from the apparent dead, spray it again, wait, spray again....hope like hell after all that spraying that you actually got it all, cut out the old and in with the new.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
You would have to spray with a herbicide such as RU that will also kill the SA. Wait awhile as the Bermuda will most likely rise again from the apparent dead, spray it again, wait, spray again....hope like hell after all that spraying that you actually got it all, cut out the old and in with the new.

U of F recommends spray with Roundup and Fusilade 4 time in a row, two weeks apart. They also say to irrigate to germinate any seeds.

OK THAT IS UNREAL FOR THE FIELD. As business people you must be pragmatic.

Good Muck Sod will bury Bermuda and shade it out. So just Roundup twice, cut out the area and lay the sod right over the old Bermuda.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Member

ric?? .. is this rick of Florida Turf Solutions... its jarrid with M.J. Lawn..