Register free!

Old 07-11-2011, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if this impeller fits on a Z-Spray? If so how difficult is it to switch out?
Old 07-11-2011, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERT-TEK View Post
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if this impeller fits on a Z-Spray? If so how difficult is it to switch out?
It better fit. That's what other members have used on their Z's. Needs to be drilled out where the pin or whatever goes through. I'll post after I get it on and report results. I'll be using it all next week.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for suggesting I switch impellers to correct the heavy right issue it worked.

Today I switched to the Lesco impeller and all is well. The spread pattern was in front of my machine with good even coverage right and left. As I mentioned in the OP I believe that this problem is twofold. One part of the problem is the small prill size of the product. I do not have a sgn to illustrate but would consider the product I was using about the size as paver base. I also is not round like most ferts but has more of a crystalline shape. Secondly, I think because of the small prill size I had to adjust my spreader opening down to a 4 to get the desired application rate. This small opening may be causing the product to drop on the impeller closer to the shaft and allowed it to stay on the impeller longer with the help of the curved fins we discussed.

https://prokoz.net/index.php?option=...id=6&Itemid=70
Old 07-15-2011, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Cool deal FERT-TEK. It's all about impeller speed & particle size. Z-Spray & T3000 (Spyker) units have faster impeller speeds compared to push spreaders. The ONLY problem you may run into after switching to the LESCO impeller on your ride-on is if you try using a very small particle sized product. Then you may have to adjust your passes or else rely on the accuway (which sucks most of the time). my 2 cents
Old 07-19-2011, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Installed the lesco impeller. Fit ok. Tight fit for the pin but didn't need to drill it. Works great. Speads even on both sides. It has an offset hole as well as the different fins. Will try spreading naturesafe with it and see how it does. Always had problems with that product before.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2011, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

LESCO impeller is better

That's awesome buddy. IMO the LESCO impeller spreads evenly and eliminates or at least greatly reduces the need for the 'accuway'. The Spyker accuway tends to gum up & adversely affects spreader patterns. I recommend folks running Z's to try the LESCO impeller. my 2 cents