Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-22-2002, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Member

new blower

Just picked up my new Little wonder blower. 10 hp and boy does that baby blow....It is very loud ,ear protection is a must even my dog howels when I start it up. this weekend I am going to build a mount to go on the front of my sthm rider so I can push it around.
has anybody else tryed this? any thoughts or recomendations before I break out the welder?
Old 10-22-2002, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

One of my customers is building one for me. It will go on the front of my dixie.
It will have one cross piece that rests where the bumper get installed, a piece then extends down from that horizontal piece to which is attached the support for the blower. we will find out by next week how well it works. And i will post some pictures.

------------ horizontal piece
()() vertical -connects horizontal to base
//////// base which is where the blower sits
Old 10-23-2002, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

if you need pictures for reference when building it, you can go to jrco's website. they have something called a blower buggy which does the same job.
Old 10-23-2002, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Go to JRCO website. They have pictures of the blower caddy that you can go off from. Little Wonders are great!! My crew has 4 of them and they clean some serious leaves from a WOODED apt complex. Good luck!
Old 10-23-2002, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Congratulations on your purchase of the finest blower in the industry. This thing will blow circles around any other blower available. Tried, tested, and proven. As far as the JRCO blower buggy goes, it works great. Just gotta watch the tiedown straps though, as they sometimes come undone. The thing is though, is depending on what you're moving, and what you're moving them with, sometimes it's more feasible to just use the mower. For instance, if you're moving rather deep heavy leaves, this blower works best, but with me, using a Lazer, if they are rather light leaves, like just a few inches deep when piled, sometimes the mower can move them faster because it cleans the ground better, and has greater ground speed in doing so. You just have to sort of feel it out, you'll get to know what works best for different conditions just by looking at it.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.

Last edited by Runner; 10-23-2002 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Giant Vac just released a blower buggy as well. Try
http://www.giant-vac.com/1_0a_8.html for some other ideas. I have a 9 hp honda little wonder and am very pleased by its performance. Good luck with your blower buggy
Old 10-23-2002, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you didnt want loud you shoulda gotten a billygoat qb1004 10horses operated controlled air shoot and veryquiet. I believe it is the nylon fan instead of steel impeller that results in less sound. I love my machine good luck with yours. If i hada dealer i would have checked out lw.
Old 10-23-2002, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Runner
Congratulations on your purchase of the finest WB blower in the industry
I couldn't agree more with my edited quote of Runners comment.

Northerntool.com has some nice caster tires you can use.

Beck how much longer before I start building this buggy for your blowers? You customer aint even started yet.
Old 10-23-2002, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

blower buggy

After a long meeting with my welder\fabricator buddy we decided that the jrco may be the best answer. It looks like a big job to build a cart that will handle and move well. this is going to go on a scag sthm three wheel rider and boy is that baby long. Am I making a poor choice with this combination?? should I just stick to pushing the blower around by hand. has anybody else tried this. will people look at me like doc in back to the future as I zip around the yard ? any input would be great.
Old 10-23-2002, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ok get it and change your name to Doc Brown.............

Long would be an understatment.