Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-09-2014, 01:01 AM
weeze's Avatar
weeze weeze is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: weezertonfieldville, AL
Posts: 5,319
Gator G6 are the only blades I use. work better than high lifts yet they are cheaper in price. $50 a set instead of $70 a set for factory high lift blades. it's a no brainer.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-09-2014, 12:15 PM
weaver weaver is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,135
Well I have been running these blades by Rotary, they are the same blade as Exmarks Extreme Mulcher but just Rotary's version of them.. It looks like the blades I have would have more lift than the G6's & besides the width can't see why the Gators would be any better as far as cut..

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  55.6 KB


Name:  2.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  84.4 KB
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Groomer's Avatar
Groomer Groomer is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: south west ohio institute of lawn grooming
Posts: 1,297
is January "bring back old threads" month?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
Well I have been running these blades by Rotary, they are the same blade as Exmarks Extreme Mulcher but just Rotary's version of them.. It looks like the blades I have would have more lift than the G6's & besides the width can't see why the Gators would be any better as far as cut..

Attachment 283928


Attachment 283929
I can tell you a couple reasons why G6/5/3 high lifts are better Weaver-

1- the teeth are twisted the wrong way on the rotary blades, and force the air and clippings outward towards the skirts instead of inward and in "the zone" where the cutting edges and teeth can re-cut the clippings repeatedly.

2- the Oregon blades have the fusion treatment on the cutting edges and stay sharper longer.

3- Oregon blades are thicker (at least compared to all the rotary blades like your I've seen), which means less flexing in thick grass and a cleaner, smoother cut.

4- the outer tooth is what gives most of the lift, and it is larger on the Oregon blades

IHTH
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G
I can also tell by looking back to see how they're hanging and often reach back and feel them to see how firm they are.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-09-2014, 02:47 PM
weaver weaver is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I can tell you a couple reasons why G6/5/3 high lifts are better Weaver-

1- the teeth are twisted the wrong way on the rotary blades, and force the air and clippings outward towards the skirts instead of inward and in "the zone" where the cutting edges and teeth can re-cut the clippings repeatedly.

2- the Oregon blades have the fusion treatment on the cutting edges and stay sharper longer.

3- Oregon blades are thicker (at least compared to all the rotary blades like your I've seen), which means less flexing in thick grass and a cleaner, smoother cut.

4- the outer tooth is what gives most of the lift, and it is larger on the Oregon blades

IHTH

I'll try a set of the G6's & see. Seems like everyone likes them. I have run Gators in the past, just not the G6's but really have no problems with the Rotary's. I did see the edge on the G6's and that's cool if they stay sharper longer. I can mow thick lawns with mine & they seem to produce a very good cut and still through the clipping out good as well, what small clippings are left. Plus I can through my Accelerator grass catcher on & it packs full like when I use my high lifts..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,557
I believe that yours throw clippings well, and also work with filling your catcher since the teeth are twisted in the direction that favors doing both (throwing the clippings outward). I think you'll be happy with the Oregon blades, maybe even more than your rotary's.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G
I can also tell by looking back to see how they're hanging and often reach back and feel them to see how firm they are.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-09-2014, 04:03 PM
Choppin Choppin is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: crossett, ar
Posts: 526
I love the G6 and G5s I ordered ten sets if the G5s only gripe is they will flex in the thick grass... After I use the G5s up I will go back to G6s.... That should be mid spring...
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-09-2014, 04:33 PM
Valk's Avatar
Valk Valk is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern KS
Posts: 2,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post

IHTH
Define this one! Couldn't find it even on netlingo.com...
__________________
---------------------------------------------------
~ cut it high ~ let it fly ~
---------------------------------------------------
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
Define this one! Couldn't find it even on netlingo.com...

You must not hang out on any gun boards then. It's a common abbr on most.
IHTH= I hope this helps
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G
I can also tell by looking back to see how they're hanging and often reach back and feel them to see how firm they are.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Valk's Avatar
Valk Valk is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern KS
Posts: 2,713
Well...gotta say I'm disappointed in netlingo.com for not having this one.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------
~ cut it high ~ let it fly ~
---------------------------------------------------
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:49 PM.

Page generated in 0.07721 seconds with 8 queries