Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-18-2011, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I too am all for outing the illegal operations. I don't think I would personally confront these people being as they are neighbors. It just sounds like it would make for uncomfortable surroundings.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-18-2011, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR-G View Post
we have no problem asking every lco we see for their credentials...and when they refuse to show at least an occ. license (and some have) we report them to local auth. we will also follow up and see that they are or have come into compiance....and we are not the only one in our area that does this....a bunch of us have gotten together to keep the illegal operators out.....thank you for being an AMERICAN and giving a sh*t
Do you stop them on the street ? Go onto private property to confront them? They could have a harassment case against you.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlee View Post
get a bigger trailer
Quite possibly the best advice ever offered on here!!! Any time an issue arises with competition, just out trailer them and you win!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 01:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR-G View Post
we have no problem asking every lco we see for their credentials...and when they refuse to show at least an occ. license (and some have) we report them to local auth. we will also follow up and see that they are or have come into compiance....and we are not the only one in our area that does this....a bunch of us have gotten together to keep the illegal operators out.....thank you for being an AMERICAN and giving a sh*t
I'd tell you to suck it........ Why do you think you need to take it upon yourself to police your local industry. You sound like a real dick hole.

This is the problem with the country today.... No one can take out the competition by doing a better job or out working them. They have to ***** and complain and try to sue them.

My neighbor pays the kid across the street to mow his grass. He knows that I have a legit business in the field of mowing grass, I guess I could sue them both. I mean, the kid doesn't have a business license and the neighbor knows this. Hell, I'll sell off my equipment and keep my business license and just sue the piss out of the competition!!! That way all I gotta do is sit and watch "everybody loves raymond" reruns all day.

In short without the sarcasm: If you're to f'ing stupid to be deal with the competition, then hang up your f'ing boots. Don't be a little b*tch about it.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3xx0 View Post
I'd tell you to suck it........ Why do you think you need to take it upon yourself to police your local industry. You sound like a real dick hole.

This is the problem with the country today.... No one can take out the competition by doing a better job or out working them. They have to ***** and complain and try to sue them.

My neighbor pays the kid across the street to mow his grass. He knows that I have a legit business in the field of mowing grass, I guess I could sue them both. I mean, the kid doesn't have a business license and the neighbor knows this. Hell, I'll sell off my equipment and keep my business license and just sue the piss out of the competition!!! That way all I gotta do is sit and watch "everybody loves raymond" reruns all day.

In short without the sarcasm: If you're to f'ing stupid to be deal with the competition, then hang up your f'ing boots. Don't be a little b*tch about it.
And I prolly wouldnt say anything in return just flating out whoop your ass right there on the spot. We'd police it because its the right thing todo! Your obviously uneducated or knowledgable so please get the **** off my thread. I said "knowledgable individuals"! Under age and under 5k a quarter you don't need ****! Plus its a kid...you would **** with a kid... You either read the previous posts and didn't follow it or just jumped straight in. I won't be responding to your post any longer after this either. You've shown everyone in here they type of person your cut out to be :/ field of mowing grass...it's called "Agriculture"! You struck me as they same type of person to say mowing isn't rocket science...and it's not but running a company with 60+ biweekly clients (quality and quantity) for 12 years IS! And as much as I know and went to school for, got a degree in, and all the snazzy certifications Im still learning...here's a good learn for yourself...it's a book...although it maybe alittle tough for you..."winning friends & influencing people".
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Brown & Co.; 07-19-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

nothing says welcome to the neighborhood than a good lawsuit, better make sure you are 100 percent compliant with everything before you start tossing stones.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:51 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

My grandfather had excellent advice for me when issues like this came up. He was a very wise man, very successful in many endeavors. Well loved by many friends. He would say..."Don't be such a dick".

And I would add..."what goes around, comes around".

If I were your neighbor, and you went after me, what would I do? Hmmm, so many options.

Supah-Duty
Exmark-Gravely-Scag
Stihl-Redmax
Old 07-19-2011, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Member

I would go the networking route also.....

If your business is so great and only a rocket scientist could run it the way you do, you shouldn't have to worry about competition. Why go through the trouble of making it harder on someone else? When you started out were you 100% legit? I know I wasn't, and being 100% is hard to afford starting out.

What is with this world we live in today you can sue anyone for anything it seems. What a POS....
Old 07-19-2011, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3xx0 View Post
i'd tell you to suck it........ Why do you think you need to take it upon yourself to police your local industry. You sound like a real dick hole.

My neighbor pays the kid across the street to mow his grass. He knows that i have a legit business in the field of mowing grass, i guess i could sue them both. I mean, the kid doesn't have a business license and the neighbor knows this. Hell, i'll sell off my equipment and keep my business license and just sue the piss out of the competition!!! That way all i gotta do is sit and watch "everybody loves raymond" reruns all day.

. +1
Old 07-19-2011, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown & Co. View Post
but running a company with 60+ biweekly clients (quality and quantity) for 12 years IS!Posted via Mobile Device
If you have been in the biz for 12 years then your little itchy rash of a neigbor should not be such a bothersome issue. You're an established business. Why get create a dustup that will ONLY end with sore feelings and attorney fees?

Most of the LCO's I am friends with are small time solo or 2-3 employees. I know some don't play by the rules but doesn't bother me. We network all the time to help each other out. I've made thousands off them by aquiring fert customers, large plowing accounts etc. I would not gained a thing if I decided to turn them in for whatever slight non compliance issue.

Tags
illegal , leads , license , lowballer , theft