Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-18-2011, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

your truck was twenty two years old and untill this fire served you well [I am guessing ] ,why not just buy another cheapie and be done with it ?You can pick up something 10 years newer for very little ,and you dont hurt your hummers value by working it hard .
Old 07-18-2011, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore5657 View Post
Electical fire in the steering colum, the inside is toast
Are you saying that the entire inside of the cab is toast, or just the inside of the steering column? A steering column would be an easy repair, the cab a bit more, but still may be the best way to go.

Either way, if the rest of the truck is still giving you good service, why not just find a replacement cab at a local salvage yard. We have lots of them around here, but we also have a place that specializes in GM parts and takeoffs. You may be able to find a cab from a truck that was totalled in the bed area, and still has a decent cab. Spending several hundred dollars always makes me a lot happier than spending several thousand for something I need. A new truck would be nice, but insurance goes up on newer vehicles (at least in my state), which just adds to your total cost of operation.
If that isn't what you want to do, then just use the H2 until you can replace the truck.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I had a hummer to pull my trailer with..... badassssss!!! Not sensible, but bad ass and if you gotta do it then do it.
10Ft Dump Trailer
12Ft Leaf Box Billy Goat
60" Exmark Lazer Z
52" Hustler Mini Z
44" Toro Z Master
36" Bunton WB
21" Honda WB
Redmax & Stihl Handhelds
Bunch of other crap!!
Old 07-18-2011, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

So do I got this straight?....... the h2 is the only back up for your business? Their are no saved funds for repair or replacement for at least a year? selling the H2 is off the table? So now that we all know exactly where your priorities lay what exactly are you asking us?........
Old 07-18-2011, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

everyone should have a back up truck
Old 07-18-2011, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
This message is hidden because nepatsfan is on your ignore list.

Please do me a favor and do the same for me, next wise comment out of you goes to the moderators and
once that happens we can both kiss it good bye because I won't back down, you folks have your complaints
about what I have to say but you can throw your wise comments around, that don't fly with me.
If I am on your ignore list than how will you see when I have responded to you genius
Old 07-18-2011, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
So do I got this straight?....... the h2 is the only back up for your business? Their are no saved funds for repair or replacement for at least a year? selling the H2 is off the table? So now that we all know exactly where your priorities lay what exactly are you asking us?........
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy dan View Post
everyone should have a back up truck
Ditto!

Business is business, and if it means selling off your material item (H2) to make your business survive than so be it.

But, you can use your H2 for business and leave it at that. Babying the thing and keeping it shiny and new isn't the priority, Surviving is.

The only drawback is that you'll be getting some evil eyes from your competition thinking your showing off with the H2. Those are the ones that don't realize it's just a fancy version of a Silverado.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
Take some good advice when you get it because I don't give it out nice and easy much, here goes:
Love of material things and business don't mix, break up with your Hummer because no matter how much you love
your Hummer it won't save your ass, then trade it in and don't buy a cheapo to get you through, don't go all hog
wild crazy either, just get what you need, nothing more, no less, trade the hummer so you can get what you need
as that's actually the best you can do, for both yourself and the hummer.

Good luck.
Actually, stealing from his customers would be a far better route to go to buy a new truck.

Just make sure they don't know that you're stealing from them.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You really want to trash the inside of a Hummer with your sweaty, dirty, dog crap carrying body?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-18-2011, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The problem with a hummer is their gas guzzling reputation. Its a in your face thing that clients or potential clients may look funny at. But maybe not. TOPSITES, you get what you deserve.

SOLO OPERATION