Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-17-2011, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

T 3000 pump

Installed my new pump on friday

Didn't take to long works real nice has more circulation than the Hypro

But on the Hypro pump, alot of the return water was diverted back to the pump so there not much circulation.

There's one problem Turfco doesn't set up wont let you adjust both sides of the pump to get all the belt's tight. because of the 3/4 inch inlet hose.

You need to adjust the belts first than cut the hose to fit.

But next time will you have to do this again ? when the belts become lose.

If you have never adjusted the belt on a T, there are 2 bolts to loosen than you have to move both back and forth to get all the belt tight.

But you can't move the intake side because that side is ridged.

The first photo is the way Turfco has you install it.

The 2 photo is what i did to remedy this. So that the pump can move on both sides with out restrictions.

just wanted to let everyone know that is going to in stall a new pump what to look forward to.

Charles Cue
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2011, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Cool deal on the new pump. Nice pics too. We switched 2 of our T's this spring to the Delavan pump. The only b$tch was sliding the new hoses on the hose barbs, cuz it was a tight fit (kinda like a girlfriend I used to know). We used spit & plenty of elbow grease to get the new hoses far enough on the hose barbs.

Anyways -- we never experienced what you have. The new pump kit fit perfectly on both machines, and we never had to cut any hoses. Did you use the new belts that came with the kit? (the new belts are slightly smaller) Intake side is rigid??? Not with ours...it's the same. Just loosen the 2 bolts & move it forward & to the right. Also we never had probs cuz of the 3/4 inch intake. We still have one T with the Hypro pump, but we'll swap it with the Delavan soon, cuz I think they're damn near bullet proof. my 2 cents
Old 07-18-2011, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is that RUST under there
Old 07-18-2011, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Cool deal on the new pump. Nice pics too. We switched 2 of our T's this spring to the Delavan pump. The only b$tch was sliding the new hoses on the hose barbs, cuz it was a tight fit (kinda like a girlfriend I used to know). We used spit & plenty of elbow grease to get the new hoses far enough on the hose barbs.

Anyways -- we never experienced what you have. The new pump kit fit perfectly on both machines, and we never had to cut any hoses. Did you use the new belts that came with the kit? (the new belts are slightly smaller) Intake side is rigid??? Not with ours...it's the same. Just loosen the 2 bolts & move it forward & to the right. Also we never had probs cuz of the 3/4 inch intake. We still have one T with the Hypro pump, but we'll swap it with the Delavan soon, cuz I think they're damn near bullet proof. my 2 cents
We use a a heat gun to soften up tough hoses . Slides right on

The kit fit just fine

Charles Cue
Old 07-18-2011, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
Is that RUST under there
Yes there is rust but not in that photo.

Some bolts and the tie rod end are not SS

I just replace a idler pulley bearing sounded ruff. I would think fert had some thing to do with that.

Charles Cue
Old 07-18-2011, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLES CUE View Post
Yes there is rust but not in that photo.

Some bolts and the tie rod end are not SS

I just replace a idler pulley bearing sounded ruff. I would think fert had some thing to do with that.

Charles Cue
Just getting Larry riled up
Old 07-18-2011, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post

Larry looking at the photo the strainer is bolted to the frame 10 in away.

It can move only what the hose will give and you stated that the 3/4 inch hose is tuff to work with. That hose doesn't stretch. And yes i use the new belt.

Charles Cue
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2011, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
Is that RUST under there
WTF, Look at the rust. I thought Larry said there was no rust, even after like 3 yrs. Charles hasn't had his that long....

On the serious side Charles. Does the pump run all the time since it is belt driven or do you have a lever that engages/disengages the pulley/belt when you are not spraying?? Just wondering.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
WTF, Look at the rust. I thought Larry said there was no rust, even after like 3 yrs. Charles hasn't had his that long....

On the serious side Charles. Does the pump run all the time since it is belt driven or do you have a lever that engages/disengages the pulley/belt when you are not spraying?? Just wondering.
Yes ted the pump runs all the time

The belt that runs the spreader impeller runs off the pump. Thats why you have to move both sides of the pump to adjust both belts.

Thanks for looking at my rust.

Charles Cue
Old 07-19-2011, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So with the filter and pump underneath a leak that could go undetected could cause some problems on lawns. Not very practical to clean the filter either.

Ted,
That can't be rust....remember......the T doesn't rust anywhere.
Must be brown paint.