Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-17-2011, 09:33 PM
CHARLES CUE's Avatar
CHARLES CUE CHARLES CUE is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: BURTON WV
Posts: 1,768
T 3000 pump

Installed my new pump on friday

Didn't take to long works real nice has more circulation than the Hypro

But on the Hypro pump, alot of the return water was diverted back to the pump so there not much circulation.

There's one problem Turfco doesn't set up wont let you adjust both sides of the pump to get all the belt's tight. because of the 3/4 inch inlet hose.

You need to adjust the belts first than cut the hose to fit.

But next time will you have to do this again ? when the belts become lose.

If you have never adjusted the belt on a T, there are 2 bolts to loosen than you have to move both back and forth to get all the belt tight.

But you can't move the intake side because that side is ridged.


The first photo is the way Turfco has you install it.

The 2 photo is what i did to remedy this. So that the pump can move on both sides with out restrictions.

just wanted to let everyone know that is going to in stall a new pump what to look forward to.

Charles Cue
Attached Images
   
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-18-2011, 07:07 PM
americanlawn's Avatar
americanlawn americanlawn is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: midwest
Posts: 5,517
Cool deal on the new pump. Nice pics too. We switched 2 of our T's this spring to the Delavan pump. The only b$tch was sliding the new hoses on the hose barbs, cuz it was a tight fit (kinda like a girlfriend I used to know). We used spit & plenty of elbow grease to get the new hoses far enough on the hose barbs.

Anyways -- we never experienced what you have. The new pump kit fit perfectly on both machines, and we never had to cut any hoses. Did you use the new belts that came with the kit? (the new belts are slightly smaller) Intake side is rigid??? Not with ours...it's the same. Just loosen the 2 bolts & move it forward & to the right. Also we never had probs cuz of the 3/4 inch intake. We still have one T with the Hypro pump, but we'll swap it with the Delavan soon, cuz I think they're damn near bullet proof. my 2 cents
__________________
Proud subscriber of TURF Magazine. (thanks Ron)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Service 1st Lawn Care Service 1st Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 580
Is that RUST under there
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-18-2011, 09:02 PM
CHARLES CUE's Avatar
CHARLES CUE CHARLES CUE is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: BURTON WV
Posts: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Cool deal on the new pump. Nice pics too. We switched 2 of our T's this spring to the Delavan pump. The only b$tch was sliding the new hoses on the hose barbs, cuz it was a tight fit (kinda like a girlfriend I used to know). We used spit & plenty of elbow grease to get the new hoses far enough on the hose barbs.

Anyways -- we never experienced what you have. The new pump kit fit perfectly on both machines, and we never had to cut any hoses. Did you use the new belts that came with the kit? (the new belts are slightly smaller) Intake side is rigid??? Not with ours...it's the same. Just loosen the 2 bolts & move it forward & to the right. Also we never had probs cuz of the 3/4 inch intake. We still have one T with the Hypro pump, but we'll swap it with the Delavan soon, cuz I think they're damn near bullet proof. my 2 cents
We use a a heat gun to soften up tough hoses . Slides right on

The kit fit just fine

Charles Cue
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-18-2011, 09:08 PM
CHARLES CUE's Avatar
CHARLES CUE CHARLES CUE is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: BURTON WV
Posts: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
Is that RUST under there
Yes there is rust but not in that photo.

Some bolts and the tie rod end are not SS

I just replace a idler pulley bearing sounded ruff. I would think fert had some thing to do with that.

Charles Cue
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Service 1st Lawn Care Service 1st Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLES CUE View Post
Yes there is rust but not in that photo.

Some bolts and the tie rod end are not SS

I just replace a idler pulley bearing sounded ruff. I would think fert had some thing to do with that.

Charles Cue
Just getting Larry riled up
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-18-2011, 09:34 PM
CHARLES CUE's Avatar
CHARLES CUE CHARLES CUE is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: BURTON WV
Posts: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Cool deal on the new pump. Nice pics too. We switched 2 of our T's this spring to the Delavan pump. The only b$tch was sliding the new hoses on the hose barbs, cuz it was a tight fit (kinda like a girlfriend I used to know). We used spit & plenty of elbow grease to get the new hoses far enough on the hose barbs.

Anyways -- we never experienced what you have. The new pump kit fit perfectly on both machines, and we never had to cut any hoses. Did you use the new belts that came with the kit? (the new belts are slightly smaller) Intake side is rigid??? Not with ours...it's the same. Just loosen the 2 bolts & move it forward & to the right. Also we never had probs cuz of the 3/4 inch intake. We still have one T with the Hypro pump, but we'll swap it with the Delavan soon, cuz I think they're damn near bullet proof. my 2 cents
Larry looking at the photo the strainer is bolted to the frame 10 in away.

It can move only what the hose will give and you stated that the 3/4 inch hose is tuff to work with. That hose doesn't stretch. And yes i use the new belt.

Charles Cue
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-19-2011, 12:17 AM
ted putnam's Avatar
ted putnam ted putnam is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
Is that RUST under there
WTF, Look at the rust. I thought Larry said there was no rust, even after like 3 yrs. Charles hasn't had his that long....

On the serious side Charles. Does the pump run all the time since it is belt driven or do you have a lever that engages/disengages the pulley/belt when you are not spraying?? Just wondering.
__________________
"The Poor Fish" circa 1930's: The Poor Fish wouldn't have been caught if he'd known enough to keep his fool mouth shut.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-19-2011, 01:16 PM
CHARLES CUE's Avatar
CHARLES CUE CHARLES CUE is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: BURTON WV
Posts: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
WTF, Look at the rust. I thought Larry said there was no rust, even after like 3 yrs. Charles hasn't had his that long....

On the serious side Charles. Does the pump run all the time since it is belt driven or do you have a lever that engages/disengages the pulley/belt when you are not spraying?? Just wondering.
Yes ted the pump runs all the time

The belt that runs the spreader impeller runs off the pump. Thats why you have to move both sides of the pump to adjust both belts.

Thanks for looking at my rust.

Charles Cue
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-19-2011, 01:25 PM
sprayboy sprayboy is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 648
So with the filter and pump underneath a leak that could go undetected could cause some problems on lawns. Not very practical to clean the filter either.

Ted,
That can't be rust....remember......the T doesn't rust anywhere.
Must be brown paint.
__________________
Terry
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:41 AM.

Page generated in 0.12708 seconds with 8 queries