Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-21-2011, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

what i would suggest is to get a tandom trailer that fits your requirments and build on that if you have a mower brand in mind and will grow to that size just get the trailer that they will ride on . a 14' will haul the basic same load as a 16' a open 6.5' wide trailer will will bigger then a 7'10''wide enclosed when you are working in it a 16' will be heavier then a 14' on the tongue causing the truck to load differently. make a plan then buy what fits and dont worry about coud have beens (ask yourself how you want to load your trailer and have it built the way it needs to be . a 12' tandom with 4' walls will load and haul more lose material and do it as well as a 16' with 2' walls and they are easier to turn around , parks in less space and will weigh less with the same loads . undestand i am not saying to say away from one or the other .... just get what you want and dont think bigger then you actually are . i had alot of 16' and now i do not use them for anything all year but as leaf containers we vac into in the fall for 6 weeks
Old 07-22-2011, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Never seen that good of tires on a trailer even when they were new. This is a good buy which we was closer.
its a good buy but im not going to ohio to get it .. but i do agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasracer View Post
I am wanting to get another 12' with 1' or 2' sides just to haul brush and stuff on. Haven't decided yet.I am very happy with the 6'4"X12 dovetail that I use to haul my mowers.Going any bigger with a long bedded truck will cause me issues with parking and turning around in subdivisions.Besides my V-6 is already pulling hard with what I have.
you could pull a 14' loaded with a v6 easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLS View Post
what i would suggest is to get a tandom trailer that fits your requirments and build on that if you have a mower brand in mind and will grow to that size just get the trailer that they will ride on . a 14' will haul the basic same load as a 16' a open 6.5' wide trailer will will bigger then a 7'10''wide enclosed when you are working in it a 16' will be heavier then a 14' on the tongue causing the truck to load differently. make a plan then buy what fits and dont worry about coud have beens (ask yourself how you want to load your trailer and have it built the way it needs to be . a 12' tandom with 4' walls will load and haul more lose material and do it as well as a 16' with 2' walls and they are easier to turn around , parks in less space and will weigh less with the same loads . undestand i am not saying to say away from one or the other .... just get what you want and dont think bigger then you actually are . i had alot of 16' and now i do not use them for anything all year but as leaf containers we vac into in the fall for 6 weeks
i defiantly will keep that in mind

2002 Ford F-150 (Fx4) crew cab w/ 5.4L triton
83"x18' loadmaster utility trailer with side gate and jungle jim racks
61" Scag V-Ride (2012)
52" Exmark turf tracer (2007)
36" Bunton hydro (1995)
Redmax 7001 BP blower (RH)
Redmax 8500 BP blower (RH)
Redmax 2650 string trimmer
Stihl FS80 String timmer
ECHO HC-150 Hedge trimmer
KawasakiKHDS600 hedge trimmer