Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-22-2011, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

we did 2-4 d today at 105 degrees at a rate of 4 oz per gallon and spot treated alot of lawns 35 non irrigated .....in afew days we will know of problems.....but i think we are good
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-22-2011, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLS View Post
we did 2-4 d today at 105 degrees at a rate of 4 oz per gallon and spot treated alot of lawns 35 non irrigated .....in afew days we will know of problems.....but i think we are good
Posted via Mobile Device

WOW bigger nad's than I got.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLS View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Glyphos is much cheaper
Old 07-23-2011, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

gly was put down last week lol did everything they said.......killed everything but 2-4-d is as cheap as the gly for us
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-23-2011, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

In hot weather, I will use Celsius,Certainty,dicamba, Image,Manor, Monument, Revolver and Speedzone or other ester based herbicides only if the heat is not accompanied by totally windless conditions. I wish it would get a little warmer here. It is July, almost August and it is still windy, cloudy and raining. Normally, July in Hawaii goes up to 90 and stays that way til November. Many of my applications applied at the end of June, beginning of July failed.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 07-23-2011, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
I am using primarily Celsius and Certainty. I haven't used anything containing 2,4D in the last month and a half. Just because temps got over 85 doesn't mean a truck payment will wait until it drops down to 85. Geez guys, use a little common sense. Pick and choose your products wisely, don't spray drought stressed turf, encourage your customers to water when possible. It's really pretty simple. If I stopped spraying weeds because it was 86 degrees, I'd be sitting at the shop 4 months out of the year and I'll end up looking for a job doing something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think Green View Post
Well said--Ted!!
I am with you there!! Maybe my insurance, mortgage, banks will be understanding of our weather problems. NOT!! I'll pay them when things get better.
I didn't say stop spraying, did I?

All I was suggesting that it's wise to follow label directions. Especially with the Imprelis thing going on. Any damage done to lawns or trees that were not treated according to label directions, and you're going to be in heap big trouble.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Fortunately for me I have mostly commercial accounts that can be treated at the crack of dawn. That's 4:30 am in these parts right now. Last year I sprayed a 12 acre corporate office complex at night because it is lit-up so well.

I never blanket spray when temps reach 85+. I have done plenty of tests and even slight winds can cause drift for thousands feet or more. Especially when using the hand held trimmer wand. I think it is irresponsible to work under these conditions so I work long hours when the weather is favorable and early hours when it is not.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
I didn't say stop spraying, did I?

All I was suggesting that it's wise to follow label directions. Especially with the Imprelis thing going on. Any damage done to lawns or trees that were not treated according to label directions, and you're going to be in heap big trouble.
Yes Mark, I probably overstated it a little much but the fact remains, common sense (as well as labels) should direct you pretty well. Experience should also be a guide. Sometimes I forget there are those here who lacking in that area as well.
When Celsius first came out, I avoided jumping in with both feet until I was able to do some testing myself and research on results others had using it in real world situations. I would have done the same if imprellis had been labeled for warm season turf. There is some truth to the saying"Only Fools Rush In". Sorry for going a little overboard in that last post.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

what do you guys do about dallas grass this hot?