Register free!

Old 07-23-2011, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

my first job to bid and need help

ok so i gota job to bid on. It is two hours away for achurch that a local contracting company is bidding on, and in the site plans it show a 30 in maple tree to remove a 20 in maple tree, and lilac bush etc. how do you know how much it will cost to remove something like that and to haul it away etc just by looking at this set of plans it looks like a lot of the job is site work, with a little landscaping so do i bid just the tree removal and then the planting of grass, retaining wall installs etc or do i bid the whole thing and sub out the removal of asphalt and so on.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

20 and 30 inches tall or in diameter? It sounds like you are in way over your head and should back out now.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-23-2011, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

im not sure it just say 20 in maple to be rmoved then on the other side it say 30 in maple to be removed, then at the front of church it says lilac bush to be removed... i woud sub out the maple if there real big and tall to a tree company but th lilac and stumps that are around i could handle. i need someone to just give me advice all i ever here on here is back out ur in to deep so on and so on thought this site was to get help from fellow lco but guess not.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Honestly man there is not nearly enough info about the job to help you. It sounds like you can only do less than half the job yourself. I would spend more time and energy getting local jobs you can do yourself.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-23-2011, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thats what im trying to do i got construction guys that will come work for me if i can get the work lined up but i just cant get any good advice on this site. basically i know that two trees that are that big around will take agood 4 hours for a tree company to come remove, plus the vegitaion removal, lilac bush removal, and so on i figure will take a good solid 8 hours at least but would the asphalt removal and under drainage be under the landscaping side of things? theres also some shrubs to remove and re use which is no big deal few hours labor to dig them up and set aside im thinking probablt two days wroth of ripping and tearing.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Disregard....
Old 07-31-2011, 01:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Find a local Arborist to quote the removal for you. He can do it much cheaper than you can. Put his bid in your estimate and if you get the job you call him up and have him do the removal.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-30-2011, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would drive my butt over and look at the site!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-01-2011, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, definately drive over. You can also check things out with google earth or even your cities GIS maps on line. I would never never bid on a job without looking at it
in person first. If I can I arrange for a property owner or representative of the job site or HOA to do a tour with me. That way you can ask questions and clear up any misconceptions right away.