Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-24-2011, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Going for my pesticide license!

I'm going to take the test for my pesticide license this week, I know every state is different, but any sugggestions to make it any easier, I've been studying for the last two months.I always get bad test anxiety with these type of things, it was always my biggest hurdle in school.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

try to relax a little. best of luck to you.

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 07-24-2011, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If they are offering the 1 1/2 day school prior to the test, I would recommend taking it. You'll be glad you did.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJC View Post
If they are offering the 1 1/2 day school prior to the test, I would recommend taking it. You'll be glad you did.
I wish they did, but I don't think they do, I would defintetly go.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJC View Post
thts what im doing in oct here in louisiana!

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 07-24-2011, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If the test is anything like KY, I wouldn't sweat it one bit. You'd have to be braindead not to pass. Most of it is common sense.

www.PerfectEarthLandscape.com

Follow my updates and pictures on Facebook and LawnSite
Old 07-24-2011, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm assuming the SC test is similar to the GA and NC tests (share some of the same prep. materials) for core an ornamental.

I studied about a week before the test (with my actual, pre-ordered study materials). I passed both, pretty easily. But, I told the lady when I handed them in (test day) that I'd under-estimated them. The NC test is not "easy". Looking at the results (they post them, anonymously, online), most people (by a long shot) fail.

Don't take it lightly....and good luck.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I did the same thing venecops did. I pre-ordered the books, read them through about 3 times and then took the test, no class. I passed it no problem. Just don't get nervous and make sure to read each question carefully. Typically you can knock out 2 wrong answers immediately. Know all the weeds, diseases and measurement formulas. I took it a couple months ago and this stuff was tested heavily.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I took the Ohio test in May for Core, Turf and Weeds. I too was weak on tests in School. I'm 53 and these 3 test were my first since High School. I left the day of all the test thinking that I failed them. I passed all 3 the first time. The night before I just reviewed the information. Do everything suggested and get plenty of sleep the night before. Only schedule one test per day if you are thinking of doing more than one. Just relax and read every question several times. There is only one right answer and one best answer. If you don't know the answer for one just skip it and go back to it afterwards. The answer may be in another question. There will be labels in the test. I used them and went back to questions I did not know. Those lables had my answers that I could use for other questions. Take a calculator with you, they may not let you use the calculator on you phone. They are afraid you will text a friend for the answer. Scratch paper. Good Luck !!!
Old 07-24-2011, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You will do fine if you studied at all. I crammed the night before...I had started studying a year prior but lost interest.
Posted via Mobile Device