Register free!

Old 07-26-2011, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The tough stretch is upon us

Here it comes, august and September, the two worst months of the year. I think July has been brutal as well. I have my sights set on October and I hope it comes quickly.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-26-2011, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

The dog days, my friend. The last ten days have sucked. It could be worse though. You could have been in the another part of the country.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Counting the days - I can get through this knowing October is not too far away, not to mention this is the time of year were the fake lawn turds sizzle out ..I have been picking up accounts the last few weeks and loving it knowing that I have 2 warm months of work and 1 potentially warm month to work and then collect that easy money during the winter.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i hear ya diamond! its been a brutal year again. seems like the heat started in my area around may and has not let up. today i was running in circles cuz of the rain in my area. i started my route about 7:30am and by 9am it was raining in one part, so i checked the radar on my phone and worked my route backwards till i finished. i guess having the cloud cover today was a good thing, but no breeze and humid. come on october..lol
Old 07-26-2011, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by billslawn89 View Post
i hear ya diamond! its been a brutal year again. seems like the heat started in my area around may and has not let up. today i was running in circles cuz of the rain in my area. i started my route about 7:30am and by 9am it was raining in one part, so i checked the radar on my phone and worked my route backwards till i finished. i guess having the cloud cover today was a good thing, but no breeze and humid. come on october..lol
We have gone dry again here so you are lucky for the rain. I don't mind October bc the daily highs usually go back to 85 and the grass and plants start to slow down. Bahia also goes back to EOW in October as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-26-2011, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Counting the days - I can get through this knowing October is not too far away, not to mention this is the time of year were the fake lawn turds sizzle out ..I have been picking up accounts the last few weeks and loving it knowing that I have 2 warm months of work and 1 potentially warm month to work and then collect that easy money during the winter.
I agree mike, we are already half way done. October will be here before we know it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-26-2011, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Member

For us fert/pest guys July and August are the worst months here in Central Fl. You get through those months with good looking lawns and you're in the home stretch!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

The last six days or so have been really rough. I came home at 11:30 this morning to refill the cooler and the heat index was already 108. This could have been one of the worst of the summer if it had not been for the pretty steady wind.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The last six days or so have been really rough. I came home at 11:30 this morning to refill the cooler and the heat index was already 108. This could have been one of the worst of the summer if it had not been for the pretty steady wind.
Yea, no doubt august is the worst. I agree the past week has been rough. 7 more weeks till October, that is what I'm looking forward to.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-09-2011, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

7 more weeks, 7 more weeks, 7 more weeks
Posted via Mobile Device