Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 07-27-2011, 05:44 PM
grassmasterswilson grassmasterswilson is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: nc
Posts: 3,289
First you already have 2 complexes. So if they are all similar you should know how long it takes to do each property. Second, never bid competitive. Another company may have less overhead. You might make 20% profit charging $200/hr while I might make 20% charging 150/hr. Figure your cost and time on the ones you already do and then figure out the numbers on the others. Should be real easy.

****RED FLAG******
You said the bid changed hands 3 times in 4 years!!! They are looking lowballers or companies are bidding "competitive" and it turns out to be a money loser!

Know your cost. Know what it takes YOU per hour to run and then do the math. Don't worry about others.
__________________
GrassMasters, LLC
Wilson, NC
www.grassmasterswilson.com
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-27-2011, 05:44 PM
krrp1212 krrp1212 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wetumpka AL
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkenned6 View Post
hey whats your company's name?

Why?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-27-2011, 05:46 PM
krrp1212 krrp1212 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wetumpka AL
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
First you already have 2 complexes. So if they are all similar you should know how long it takes to do each property. Second, never bid competitive. Another company may have less overhead. You might make 20% profit charging $200/hr while I might make 20% charging 150/hr. Figure your cost and time on the ones you already do and then figure out the numbers on the others. Should be real easy.

****RED FLAG******
You said the bid changed hands 3 times in 4 years!!! They are looking lowballers or companies are bidding "competitive" and it turns out to be a money loser!

Know your cost. Know what it takes YOU per hour to run and then do the math. Don't worry about others.
thanks...i appreciate the first decent advice
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-27-2011, 05:46 PM
JDiepstra JDiepstra is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 1,512
This guy will have some newer equipment up for sale this time next year!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-27-2011, 05:49 PM
krrp1212 krrp1212 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wetumpka AL
Posts: 37
And 100k in my pocket and my equip payed for...ill take that anyday in alabama
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-27-2011, 05:51 PM
vencops's Avatar
vencops vencops is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 1,537
Did you address this? One of your posts is blank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vencops
I hope I didn't get your meaning wrong. You are planning on doing all of this work with an 8 man crew, right?

If so..................

64hrs. X 8 man crew = 512MH/cut X 32Cuts = 16,384MH's.

I DID transpose two numbers, but the result is similar.....

$325,000.00 / 16,384MH's = $19.84/MH.

Also...I'm just interested in how you'd schedule this to have it completed in a timely fashion. Admittedly, this is beyond anything I do or am interested in. But, that's a lot of MH's to fit in. I've dealt with (another profession) many times these numbers. I'm just interested in how you're thinking this through (scheduling).

6 day rotation...i have estimated high for the mh's to cover any unforseen issues...

Like I said, I hope it works out for you (if it's profitable).
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-27-2011, 05:51 PM
tkenned6 tkenned6 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: montgomery, alabama
Posts: 17
i live in montgomery and was just curious...i havent seen any others on here from the area..im 20 also and just started late this summer.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-27-2011, 05:52 PM
krrp1212 krrp1212 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wetumpka AL
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkenned6 View Post
i live in montgomery and was just curious...i havent seen any others on here from the area..im 20 also and just started late this summer.
Pm me
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-27-2011, 05:53 PM
krrp1212 krrp1212 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wetumpka AL
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by vencops View Post
Did you address this? One of your posts is blank.
The line about the 6 day rotation is what I wrote...
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-27-2011, 05:56 PM
vencops's Avatar
vencops vencops is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 1,537
So, you're going to get in 64MH's in 6 days.....with a one-day buffer for ANYTHING that comes up (weather/equip. issues/etc..., etc..., etc...)?

Just checking. That's aggressive (one word).

Do you have other accounts that others (additional employees) will be handling?

Was my math correct on the take/MH? How's the $100K profit figured?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
apartment , bid , big , mower

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 AM.

Page generated in 0.10097 seconds with 7 queries