Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-01-2011, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Gardener View Post
I don't think it is negative... maybe spirited. I have to say the first guy who said you "Hacked them up" could have stated his position more gently but we are all big boys here.

Your response was less than professional, immediately lashing out against everyone who gave honest criticism of your methodology. Our intent is not to belittle you but to educate you and others following this thread. Many have quoted and provided links to industry standards documentation backing up our position. You have provided no documentation or industry standards to validate your trimming methods.

Yet you continue to throw gas on the fire by claiming we are all wrong and assaulting our skills, calling us jealous and other names even though you have no evidence or idea of what our skill level is, our level of horticultural education, our years of experience in the field. None of that matters to you because you just cant accept that anyone but you is right about this.

You are the one who posted your work for all the world to see, then later proclaimed you are humble. Your dialog illustrates anything but humility.
Ditto .......
Old 08-01-2011, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Gardener View Post
I don't think it is negative... maybe spirited. I have to say the first guy who said you "Hacked them up" could have stated his position more gently but we are all big boys here.

Your response was less than professional, immediately lashing out against everyone who gave honest criticism of your methodology. Our intent is not to belittle you but to educate you and others following this thread. Many have quoted and provided links to industry standards documentation backing up our position. You have provided no documentation or industry standards to validate your trimming methods.

Yet you continue to throw gas on the fire by claiming we are all wrong and assaulting our skills, calling us jealous and other names even though you have no evidence or idea of what our skill level is, our level of horticultural education, our years of experience in the field. None of that matters to you because you just cant accept that anyone but you is right about this.

You are the one who posted your work for all the world to see, then later proclaimed you are humble. Your dialog illustrates anything but humility.

Even if you did attack me by saying I could have been more gentle. lol
Old 08-01-2011, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Member

The shrubs do look good, but you totally embarrassed the Japanese Maple trees!!! They are the laugh of the neighborhood!! Other trees and shrubs are joking and making fun of them.... shame.... read a book or something. There are so many of you "hackers" out there. Learn how to prune properly...
Old 08-01-2011, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowergirl View Post
The shrubs do look good, but you totally embarrassed the Japanese Maple trees!!! They are the laugh of the neighborhood!! Other trees and shrubs are joking and making fun of them.... shame.... read a book or something. There are so many of you "hackers" out there. Learn how to prune properly...
Thanks for you ?professional? opinion. And thank you for insulting me. Boy the neighbors are sure laughing while I am trimming their shrubs and trees. I have 6 other customers all in a row on the same street. I get big money for what I do.They saw what kind of work I do and were very impressed. 2 and 3 million dollar homes. If you say I am a hacker then your blind. You know nothing about me. Stick to planting flowers, flowergirl and stop following the leader with rude comments. A book could never have taught me what I have learned from experience.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Why not Use A pair of Felcos

You have destroyed all the plant material, you can say good bye to the Jap's. Read a few beginner gardening books to see what you have done wrong.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscaperma View Post
You have destroyed all the plant material, you can say good bye to the Jap's. Read a few beginner gardening books to see what you have done wrong.
Did you read the whole thread? This NOT the first time these were trimmed like this. THEY HAVE BEEN TRAINED BY ME FOR 10 YEARS WITH A GAS POWERED HEDGE TRIMMER, HAND PRUNERS, SMALL PRUNING SAW. I DO NOT SEE WHAT PRUNING PRACTICES HAVE TO DO WITH FACT YOU PEOPLE ARE REALLY ONLY COMMENTING ON THE SHAPE. I DONT CARE WHAT SHAPE YOU THINK A TREE OR SHRUB HAS TO BE.MY CUTS ARE CORRECT. MY TRIMMER IS EXTREMELY SHARP AND CLEAN AND I AM ONLY CUTTING OFF GROWTH LESS THAN A 1/4 INCH IN DIAMETER. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS AND THE GROWTH I CUT OFF THE BURNING BUSHES. ARE THEY RUINED, NO. Here are pics of the destroyed plant material. If you read the tread you would see I used Felco #2 hand pruner. I use them everyday. With your lack of knowledge of this thread. I cant see how you would have comment.

Before

After

Last edited by ArenaLandscaping; 08-01-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Member

So i guess he was just showing you his work, if you dont like the way he trimmed them dont trim them that way. Just my opinion
Old 08-01-2011, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That so called "TRAINED" Japanese Maple just looks ******ed,looks like an over sized mushroom out of Walt Disney 3-D cartoon. You obviously have some very strange or stupid clients who have been blindsided by your so expertise ways of pruning Jap maples, you have striped that poor tree it of it's natural beauty and character .
Old 08-01-2011, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Jack View Post
That so called "TRAINED" Japanese Maple just looks ******ed,looks like an over sized mushroom out of Walt Disney 3-D cartoon. You obviously have some very strange or stupid clients who have been blindsided by your so expertise ways of pruning Jap maples, you have striped that poor tree it of it's natural beauty and character .
Thanks. I think it has been established that it looks like a mushroom or a umbrella. It has character of its own. Only one client has this done. Very hard to get that tree to look like that. ITS FOR THAT PROPERTY ONLY.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it looks good and sets the property apart. Tree looks very healthy as well.