Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-29-2011, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
I saw this one today. Note the tank is strapped on a sheet of plywood where the roll bar was. Looks a little top heavy to me. (no it ain't mine)

Ditto with Equity Green
Larry,

That's your "2011 TK3 with the devlan pump"? Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-29-2011, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I saw this one today. Note the tank is strapped on a sheet of plywood where the roll bar was. Looks a little top heavy to me. (no it ain't mine)

Ditto with Equity Green
that never ends well

i used tanks however and other things with Jrco attatchments. worked very well for a while. not good however for serious commerical use
Old 07-30-2011, 07:37 AM
LawnSite Member

lol... i love the rops model..... not sure what an xp is .... anyone??
2000 Chevy 3500
2006 Gmc 4500 cabover super lawn truck
2007 Gmc 3500 dump
2007 Toyota tundra x cab
2008 Gmc 3500 dump
3 Cargo mate 16' enclosed trlrs.
7 Exmark 52'',56'',& 60'' lasers
7 Walker 42''& 48'' mtghs
6 Exmark 48'' & 52'' turf tracer
1 great dane surfer
T-250 bobcat Track steer
763 bobcat Skid steer
redmax/ echo/ stihl trimmers,blowers
little wonder walk behind blowers
Kubota ZD 331
Old 07-30-2011, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

cup cadet.... not a bad looking spreader for what you pay. i myself have a z spray jr. if it were me i would look at them in person if you could and demo them before you buy. the only thing in town at the time i got mine was pg and z spray. i looked at the pg first then seen the jr after i seen it my mind was made up. also there is somebody on here who has a groundlogic and that one to me looks better then the pg. do you need just to spread or spread and spray?

cub cadet...http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/s...600002_1210602

groundlogic.com http://www.groundlogicinc.com/pathfinder-xc.html...
http://www.z-spray.com/

Last edited by gregory; 07-30-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

Ditto with Equity Green
Well it looks like is doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the hassle of a bad design. But I am old school and like my Home made Ric-A-Green on a Walker mower. Sure it takes up just a tad more room to haul, but It is a sit down unit that really has maneuverability. BTW it is also hangs on hills not that we have many here in flatland country. Of course my design has the weight much lower for that reason. Walker Mower are also build low to the ground.

One of the advantages of the Ric-A-Green is the electric Broad cast wheel with a rheostat to control throw by the speed of the wheel. I can also pull up to a Planting bed straight on and then open the hopper to spread fert in the beds.

I build the Ric-A-Green for Ric and his smaller yards. Therefore it only sprays the 42 width of the mowing deck and it does so from a boom only 8 inches off the ground @ 20 PSI with NO DRIFT @ a gallon a thousand. The way I build the Ric-A-Green has it's disadvantages on bigger yards and for that reason I build Ric's Ride on a used Toro Multipro sprayer I got from a Golf Course. It will gallop across large areas.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Turfcobob always told me, "Any time you can sit down instead of standing is always better". I agree. Sounds like the Ric-A-Green units are pretty cool. (any pics?)

We treat a cemetery that has hills/slopes. They mow it with Walker mowers and trade every two years for new Walkers. Those guys swear buy them.

Rheostat/wheel speed/8"above ground spray also sounds logical to me. I think the "full spray" nozzle on our T's is almost twice that high, but we prefer the single nozzle compared to a boom for versatility.

IMO you have good ideas that sprayer/spreader manufacturers should be aware of. I still remember the video when rayholio tried to operate his Z-Spray unit .... could have used rheostat controls there.

I realize every market is different. Comparing/demoing a ride-on sprayer/spreader is always best. That's what we did. Even traveled to PG, Z-Spray, TURFCO headquarters so we could try all models first-hand. The model we currently see the most here is the T3000. Main reason is guys with older Permagreens are going to the T. A few others had Z's. One friend of mine sold all of his Z's and bought six T3000 units, yet he hauls them on Z-Spray carrier racks. Go figure. Whatever works is always good.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Turfcobob always told me, "Any time you can sit down instead of standing is always better". I agree. Sounds like the Ric-A-Green units are pretty cool. (any pics?)

We treat a cemetery that has hills/slopes. They mow it with Walker mowers and trade every two years for new Walkers. Those guys swear buy them.

Rheostat/wheel speed/8"above ground spray also sounds logical to me. I think the "full spray" nozzle on our T's is almost twice that high, but we prefer the single nozzle compared to a boom for versatility.

IMO you have good ideas that sprayer/spreader manufacturers should be aware of. I still remember the video when rayholio tried to operate his Z-Spray unit .... could have used rheostat controls there.

I realize every market is different. Comparing/demoing a ride-on sprayer/spreader is always best. That's what we did. Even traveled to PG, Z-Spray, TURFCO headquarters so we could try all models first-hand. The model we currently see the most here is the T3000. Main reason is guys with older Permagreens are going to the T. A few others had Z's. One friend of mine sold all of his Z's and bought six T3000 units, yet he hauls them on Z-Spray carrier racks. Go figure. Whatever works is always good.
Larry

You need to wipe your nose. There some Brown stuff on it.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 07-30-2011, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Been busy, but goin' to Wal-Mart tonight to buy some Ric-O-Wipes.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Been busy, but goin' to Wal-Mart tonight to buy some Ric-O-Wipes.
Larry

I am sure you will find your size in the infant section. But just for your enjoyment here is a picture of the Ric-A-Green with out the spreader attached. BTW that is my front yard I mowed 8 times last year and I have cut it 5 times this year. I spray Roundup on it every month in the growing season after I cut it. I will cut it again in the middle of August and then again in Sept. Some time in late Oct or early November for the final cut of the year.

The Ric-A-Green is a pretty simple design but it WORKS.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ric,

Very nice!
Posted via Mobile Device