Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-10-2011, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybowtie View Post
,07 and up have the DPF..Except the 07 gm classic, they are emission free

The '11 GM have the DPF and DEF. not sure if the '10 have the DEF??

IIRC Dodge '10 and up cab and chassis have the DEF but the pick ups dont untill '12

The DPF can be deleted easly with a programer and exhaust..Not sure on the DEF thou
You can ditch the DEF as well.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

California is harder on the fines. I've heard a few people in other states getting hit for $2500 fines though.. Check any of the diesel forums for more info...

The h&s tuners (I think spartan as well) can delete the dpf as well as the DEF systems.
2011 8x16 Pace Summit trailer
2010 Exmark TTHP 17/48
04 Exmark Viking 32"
96 Exmark Metro 36"
Echo, Redmax, and Shindaiwa handhelds. Husky chain saws.
2010 F-350 4x4 6.4 PSD w/ 8' Western plow.
1997 F-250 4x4 7.3 PSD
2004 Bobcat 61" 25hp ZTR for sale. 1100 hours, Under 10 hours on a TOTAL DECK REBUILD! PM for details
Old 08-10-2011, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&R Landscaping View Post
California is harder on the fines. I've heard a few people in other states getting hit for $2500 fines though.. Check any of the diesel forums for more info...

The h&s tuners (I think spartan as well) can delete the dpf as well as the DEF systems.
I'm a member of the Cummins Forum & Turbo Diesel Registry and the CA guys have said they now have emissions testing as well. A lot of guys who have had modded trucks from the 90's or later have problems. In CA your performance parts had better be CARB approved or your going to have problems. I guess this is why half of CA has moved to Texas!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
10k fine? Any back up info on that?
I know the DOT has started checking thruck for emissions because so many people are taking it off. They are doing fines like they do if you caught running red fuel and the fine is based upon miles. I am was going to do the DPF delete but after hearing of someone getting poked I dedcided it wasn't worth it.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEUSWEDE View Post
I know the DOT has started checking thruck for emissions because so many people are taking it off. They are doing fines like they do if you caught running red fuel and the fine is based upon miles. I am was going to do the DPF delete but after hearing of someone getting poked I dedcided it wasn't worth it.
I'm originally from Main but live in Texas now. I remember as a kid your bumper heights and tire sizes were limited. Maine is very conservative with truck rules. The police stopped my friend in high school and made him lower his air shocks on his hot rodded Volare because the bumper was too high.

Here in Texas you can have 44" tires and over a foot of lift on your truck. Every now and then you will see truck going down the road that looks like it belongs at a show crushing cars. The state troopers in Maine would crap in their pants if they saw some of these trucks on the road in Maine.

I'm guessing Mass Diesel is your your closest true diesel hot rod shop. You should ask the guy at Mass Diesel if he has done very many deletes for guys from Maine. The Diesel truck market in Maine is pretty small but you find out the guy in Mass has done a bunch of deletes.

Before I did my deletes I went to the local inspection place and just asked the guy if they were supposed to even look for the emissions stuff. I was surprised when he told me that they are not required to check for gas or Diesel emissions equipment in Buda, TX. In Austin right next to us they do gas emissions testing but not here in Buda just a few miles away.

For commercial trucks that are registered to haul a GCWR of over 26,000 your are supposed to have your emissions equipment intact. I recently got my CDL and had to get a commercial inspection but let's just say I know a guy so it wasn't a problem.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Member

$2,500 max fine for a personal vehicle, and the article I read said a company with deleted rigs would be fined severely but didn't say $$ amount.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I'll be honest I was just repeating what I was told by a buddy of mine who works at a Ford dealer.

A quick google search led me to this article.

http://www.mycarlady.com/2010/09/17/...-delete-users/
Old 08-13-2011, 01:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Most DPF delete shops make you sign a waiver stating that your truck is for off road use only. This gets the shop off the hook since the emissions stuff is only required for on road use. When you purchase a tuner that is intended for deleting even the manufacturer may require a waiver for liability reasons.

I think either Bullydog or Superchips may have gotten worried and just recently ceased production of all DPF delete related products.