Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-29-2011, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

new website, .. meh....

cant seem to get it right, but im always over critical on myself, what do u guys think. its not all the way done yet, im still im the starting process but its coming along.

certifiedlawnpros.com

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It looks pretty good! I think maybe a good thing would be like a home page that gives some info/ background on your company. Other than that it looks pretty good, and you have a contact number in there somewhere obvious right?
Old 08-29-2011, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It definately needs a home page, I found it very odd to load the site and be right on a "gallery" page.

I'd combine the "design/build and installation" page with the "paver/retaining wall" page. To me, the paver and retaining wall stuff falls under the design/build category.

A "contact us" page with company info would be good to (ie, phone number, service area, etc).

I know you're still in the process of building the site, but didn't know if you planned on any of the things I mentioned.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 08-29-2011, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Needs a home page
Old 08-29-2011, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

On the maintenance page: "due to" not "do to". Try to keep formatting consistent. All your bullet points should have the first letter capitalized. Double space between sentences for readability. Small stuff, I know, but so much of it is good- why let the little stuff detract?
Old 08-30-2011, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree on the home page being added to at least give a little information about you. And possibly a contact page. What I have actually done is turned my contact page into a forum. So customers can fill out the information, click submit and the customer contact information is emailed to a general mail box. I have a page pop up when they click submit that reads Thank You for Choosing (Company) for you Landscape Needs. Someone will be in contact with you within 24 hours (Monday through Friday.) Saves the customer the time to call etc.

I also agree on the small little spelling things for the bulllets.

Instead of putting down tree service then bobcat/ex work. I would just put those two pages together under like other services or something, since Im sure your on a page limit. And then yes combine the hardscape/design pages together. You will still have the 6 page set up (Home, Maintenance, Design, Other, Gallery, Contact) but it will just be more efficiently used.

I would also consider removing the pricing the way you have it listed, especially the contract termination stuff on the maintenance page. I think that will scare some people away. ITs fine to have on an agreement, but I wouldnt for the site. I would either excepmt all of the pricing, but if you want it in there have it read:

Hardwood Mulch Installation (Starting at $70.00 per cubic yard)
Pinestraw Installation (Starting at $5.00 per bale)

And for the pine straw instead of saying: as a designer I recommend, compare the two different types of straw. The reason I say this is becasue as I read your site, you say things like we, our, etc (making your company sound big, which is good) but then you say I (which makes your company sound small.)

On the deisgn page I would also change it to just state Deisgn Rates starting at $140.00. Then when you meet with your customer you can explain your pricing to them. With the website, you want to give the customer just enough information to be intrigued, but not so much that it scares them or doesnt make them want to call, which is why i state the whole not putting price on there.

I also dont think i would post a picture of the inside of your trailer either. Frankly, most customers would give a rats a$$ about it. Fine for this site, but on a company i dont think so. It would be different if your showing an employee in a nice uniform operating that stander. I would also consider putting some brief descriptions on the pictures.

I know i may seem picky, but Im in the process of having my website redesigned now, so i have that eye for the stuff right now, and know that when designing something like that, it may seem good to you, but it makes you feel 100% better when you have someone else give you an unbiased opinion.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The biggest problem I can see is your phone number needs to be on every page and it needs to be large.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Website is a good start

Home Page / Contact Info: Point already made.
Call to action: You might want to consider having a call to action on every section with a widget that allows the prospect to contact you. Contact information should definetly be on every page.
Photos: Your gallery was slow to load in the beginning, but it could have been my connection. Make sure your photos are sampled down to a size that will load quickly. One of your shots had the front of a truck in it. I think the shot would be better without the truck in it. You might want to consider cropping in close on some of the shots a little to show the subject better.
Charity Photos: Not sure what the charity shots are about because there's no copy about a charity. If you want to show that your company gives back to the community, I'd have a separate section that talks about it and gives contact info for the charity. I'd include those photos in that section.
Equipment Shot: It's my understanding that some high end customers (I don't have any of those) want an LCO that has new, attractive equipment. If you want to show your equipment I'd display it on a lawn, maybe with the employees posed among it in uniform - but not on the truck.
Forum: A forum where people can participate is a great idea that can keep them coming back to your site and keep your company foremost in their mind. Be sure to provide a link to the forum that's easy to find.
Pricing on the Website: I can see putting pricing on the website that gives a ballpark (Tree removal starting at ....) but every job is different and prospects will assume they get the lowest price if you give them too much information. You really want them to call you so you can sell them on your services, right?
Recommendations from Clients: You might want to have a page where existing clients have written recommendations for you, possibly with photos of their property on them.
What you have so far looks great - high quality. Good luck with the site.
6 1/2 X 12 open trailer
2011 Gravely Proturn 148
Old 21" Snapper Comm. SP
21" Honda Commercial SP
Stihl Combi w/attachments
Stihl BR 600 Magnum Blower
Stihl Handheld Blower/Vac
Stihl MS-250 chainsaw
Stihl Backpack Sprayer
Old 08-30-2011, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice to see a page background for a change that's not green, considering many landscape photos have green in them.

Do you use a tripod?

Because if you don't, and you are trying to shade the sun off the lens like in that one shot, a tripod will let you use the timer and be free to hold shade out of the way.

Nice template.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 08-30-2011, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hell yeah, amazing stuff here guys. im slammed with design work right now but ill get those things changed asap

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!