Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-10-2011, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow! sorry to hear that. Yeah please keep me posted. I have 114.2 hours on mine right now, and it seems to be ok. Maybee mine hasnt been working at full power and thats why it bogs down, im not sure. I removed the baffle and that helped alot, its fast as long as the grass growth is less than 4 inches, which is rear down here. I will call Lou today and see what he thinks. Thanks Again. Oh I wouldnt be too worried if I were you being that you have them to take care of it there, and once they fix it you shouldnt have any problems I wouldnt think. They have always done great by me as far as resolving any problems, and im way down here. Again let me know thanks!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

big block and are supposed to be built stricktly for propane from the factory. I need to know what spraying spud is. Thank you.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I ran a pickup truck over 300,000 miles with virtually all of that on propane. Valves finally went out (LP burns hotter than gasoline) and we we tore in down, the internals had zero gunk on them - LP burns much cleaner too. Did lose some power compared to gasoline. Due to the maintenance issues alone, I think LP would be the way to go in any engine.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Terry Im not technical sorry. I just know that it has a mixer that i changed out on it. As far as i know this engine was made to run on propane it doesnt have an adaptor kit. I called briggs and the numbers are different on the engine than its gas counterpart. I wish i knew more. I dont know if you have time to look it up but its a Ferris IS 3100ZP. Thats the one Atlantistom and I have.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

dallen, I know that when I did my oil change the propane unit had more hours on it than my gas powered unit and the oil that came out of the propane unit was much cleaner the oil from the gas unit was really thick and the oil change on that one was done early. Based on that observation it does burn way cleaner.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimkill View Post
dallen, I know that when I did my oil change the propane unit had more hours on it than my gas powered unit and the oil that came out of the propane unit was much cleaner the oil from the gas unit was really thick and the oil change on that one was done early. Based on that observation it does burn way cleaner.
My first oil change with propane had slude in it at 100 hours using synethic oil. I was surprised.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
My first oil change with propane had slude in it at 100 hours using synethic oil. I was surprised.
Hello there ed2hess. I am no expert believe me. Just learned over the past year and a half how to do an oil change. I just noticed that between my gas unit and propane unit that the propane units oil was alot thinner and the gas units oil was sludgy(if thats a word). Down here we use Butane not propane. The only propane mix is: 40% propane 60% butane, I dont know if that has something to do with it. I would imagine that in the states with all the monitering that you would have a superior product to us down here, at least cleaner burning.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Sponsor

Propane Mowers

The brand of mowers is a personal preference, what are you looking for in a mower and price. Kawasaki engines have more options on propane engines than any engine company, they are EPA & CARB certified.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Sponsor

Ferris 3100

Your Ferris will have an EnviroGard LPG Carburetor, the engine was set up for propane.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the info. Propane guru.

Tags
cost efficiency , diesel , gas , propane mower