Register free!

Old 08-07-2011, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

When they call back to have it done, tell them it's an extra 10% because you lost work due to all the people freaking out that the sky is falling.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

we have one of the larger production irrigation companies around here , he is either hurting real bad or he has something else up his sleeve .. He is advertizing a 7 zone system for 50% off regular price of $ 4300 now for the first seven contracts $2150.00.for 7 zones plumbing and permits extra.
Thats below 1982 prices , now they do production slap in and go , but thats still awfull cheap . Even for them .
Old 08-07-2011, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I hate to say it but the sky could be falling. I hope it isn't but regardless we aren't going to get out of this without a lot of pain and a huge revaluing of American assets. If the chinese even suspect we are going to eliminate debt by inflating our currency a world crash could easily occur. The chinese have little to lose. they are still basically a poor country with a totalitarian government. They don't give a flip about IRAs or health care. We on the other hand have much to lose. When they put the squeeze on the politicians are going to look at all those retirement assets and figure out how to pay them off by robbing the 25% that have been responsible retiree savers. Not sure how you can legally hide assets from the govt but I'd sure find every nook and cranny you can.

My 2cents going fishing now.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdirrigation View Post
we have one of the larger production irrigation companies around here , he is either hurting real bad or he has something else up his sleeve .. He is advertizing a 7 zone system for 50% off regular price of $ 4300 now for the first seven contracts $2150.00.for 7 zones plumbing and permits extra.
Thats below 1982 prices , now they do production slap in and go , but thats still awfull cheap . Even for them .
It sounds like a lifeline for his company matt.....just stay true to good craftmanship at a fair price......you will be along alot longer.....get into that annapolis money......oh no.... thats all coming my way...thanks matt
Old 08-07-2011, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
I hate to say it but the sky could be falling. I hope it isn't but regardless we aren't going to get out of this without a lot of pain and a huge revaluing of American assets. If the chinese even suspect we are going to eliminate debt by inflating our currency a world crash could easily occur. The chinese have little to lose. they are still basically a poor country with a totalitarian government. They don't give a flip about IRAs or health care. We on the other hand have much to lose. When they put the squeeze on the politicians are going to look at all those retirement assets and figure out how to pay them off by robbing the 25% that have been responsible retiree savers. Not sure how you can legally hide assets from the govt but I'd sure find every nook and cranny you can.

My 2cents going fishing now.
Stop being an extremist....life is easier.....next you should tunnel down and save all the aluminum you can........people can afford irrigation....you should find them........and work for THEM......priorities.....BTW there very rich and fancy, so dress in clean clothes, shave, and use big words like giril would do
Old 08-07-2011, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have already made my year , just got back from camping , going again next weekend . if its going to be slow for a while I will go out and enjoy
Old 08-07-2011, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

roger that.........and hope you have a snowy season this year brotha......
Old 08-07-2011, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpsystems View Post
Stop being an extremist....life is easier.....next you should tunnel down and save all the aluminum you can........people can afford irrigation....you should find them........and work for THEM......priorities.....BTW there very rich and fancy, so dress in clean clothes, shave, and use big words like giril would do
The closer you get to WA D. C. the more rich you'll find. VA is like right next door.

Yes I may be overstating it but my Dad went through the depression in a pretty nasty way and never let his kids forget that that is always a possibility one needs to be on guard for. We have had 2 generations now who have never experienced a true financial failure. My Dad's generation rose through that and won WWII and laid the foundation for a great economic expansion. We are reaching a point in this country in which 50% of the people contribute nothing to the running of the country. Democracy cannot survive if people vote themselves benefits on the backs of future generations. Once the voting welfare crowd consistently defeats our rich customers irrigation is going to be the furthest thing from their mind.

Also don't forget our current leaders are Kirils that got power.

Last edited by FIMCO-MEISTER; 08-07-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Also don't forget our current leaders are Kirils that got power.
You can take your politics, and all politics and politicians, and shove them where the sun don't shine. I could care less about politics, parties, and anything that is remotely related to those issues. When will you stop trying to shove me into one of your stupid labeled boxes? Does it make it easier for you and others to hate me if you think I am a democrat even though I have no political affiliations?

But don't rest now Pete .... you have more PM's to send people in your never ending campaign to turn every person on this forum against me. Hats off to you for acting like a adult.

Last edited by Kiril; 08-07-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Actually, I am starting to like you more and more......kiril...yeah ..he's ok