Register free!

Old 08-08-2011, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
You are way too young to be looking at your ira. Think of this a a buying opportunity.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm with ya. I'm ready to put more in while things go low. I'm behind on adding to retirement anyway, so now is a good time to make up for it.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We'll have to see what effect today's little slide has on the clients nerves...... I was hoping that things were starting to pick up but I fear we may start sliding backwards again. I guess the good news is that we're already running lean and mean right now so we're prepared this time should something happen!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by txirrigation View Post
I am sorry I just don't think that a MPR belongs in the same class as a RB/Hunter VAN spray.

For one a RB VAN spray can go from 0-360 while MPRs have relitively small ajustment windows. i.e. 90-210, 210-270.

A rotor also has a varible arc, so why dont we just call any head that isnt a fixed nozzle a VAN? BC it makes no sense that is why, and it is easy to communicate with crews when you call Adjustible sprays VANS, multi spreams MP's, and rotors...well rotors.
A rotor is not a nozzle ... a MPRotator is a nozzle ... and they have a variable arc! I don't give a damn what class you want to put it into or what you want to call it.... at the end of the day it STILL will have a variable arc. You don't get to make up a new definition of "variable" just because it doesn't suit you in this case.

Now if you want to take issue with naming ... why do you call a MPRotator a MPR? What are you really talking about .... a Rainbird MPR fixed arc nozzle, or any other matched precipitation rate nozzle ... or a MPRotator?

Last edited by Kiril; 08-08-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe in the great scheme of things with the stock market crashing, our credit downgraded, 30 Seals dieing, London burning.... this argument over spray vans vs radius and arc adjustment multi-streams (HUNTER's description) is really important.>>>>> NOT
Time to get a life folks
Old 08-08-2011, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think todays little 600 point little slide is just the beginning , I am predicting that the market will drop down to about 8700 , before it stabilizes . I have been running lean and mean for the last couple years , and its working well . I am fine if all I do are blowouts , Even if I dont do any I will still be fine. I think people are going to pull back on their spending till things settle down . dont jump in and buy now , wait a bit the panic isnt done .

Is a nozzle that thing on top of the head?
Old 08-08-2011, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm a big fan of averaging. Do it every month and when it drops you buy more. When it goes up you buy less. I'm also a big fan of having your bond portfolio be the same % as your current age. I'm also strictly no load mutual funds.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Maybe in the great scheme of things with the stock market crashing, our credit downgraded, 30 Seals dieing, London burning.... this argument over spray vans vs radius and arc adjustment multi-streams (HUNTER's description) is really important.>>>>> NOT
Time to get a life folks
Ummmm ..... if my memory serves me correctly .... you are the one who started us down this path Pete.

Since you want to be a nit picking fool ... then VAN only applies to the Rainbird adjustable spray nozzles given they dubbed the name. Toro calls theirs a TVAN and Hunter calls their a pro adjustable nozzle ... how about the other manufacturers. Which "VAN" are we talking about Pete ... VAN, TVAN, PAN ................? Which one do I get off the truck TXI?

So I guess as long as people use anything other than a RB "VAN" nozzle then they won't be a hack in your book ..... right?

At the end of the day ..... any nozzle that has a variable arc, including the MPRotator, will still be a variable arc nozzle.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So this is your life? Oh well whatever floats your boat.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
So this is your life? Oh well whatever floats your boat.
Yup .... and yet another example of how you put your own shortcomings onto others.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Time to get a life folks
Well one part of that statement directly effects me, and the community in which I served. Not with the SEALS, but with a counter part in a different branch.

Don't feel sorry for our hero's just remember them, and loved ones that served from home.