Old 10-31-2011, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Did you get the dump fixed?
Old 10-31-2011, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMADDUX View Post
Did you get the dump fixed?
Not yet, i am really dragging me feet on this one and i need to take it to Picasso's Shop! I worked something out with a buddy of mine to use my leaf loader on some of his accounts if he sucks up the leaf piles from my clients accounts. So the leaf loader is mounted on his dump truck right now. 2008 Dodge Ram 5500 14ft landscape body. TALK ABOUT A BEAUTIFUL TRUCK. It matches my 1500 perfectly. He also spent 45k on it though.

I think i am going to make it my winter project while im out of school and have time to work on equipment and in between a few vacations i may take with the gf!

Im trying not to spend a penny the next month so i can go some where very nice for christmas vacation! Most of my accounts have city Pickup anyways so i can just curb the leaves but all my big accounts have no city removal.

PLEASE HELP ME! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A SOLENOID VALVE FOR MY PUMP? PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Insured and Licensed
Old 11-02-2011, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
found some pictures from when i was 15-16 with a 5x10 tsc trailer, and a 48" exmark metro i got for 1500 at a dealer one year old, demo'd

pb755t echo blower(only lasted a season with 15 lawns and a john deere trimmer/edger/hedger combo with custom built racks

Also, a job from this year. 4 out of 6 leaky/sticky valves would run slowly all day or wouldnt turn on. Replaced all of them, dug the hole deeper and filled 3" of granite stone and re-wired.
Love the stone, thats the same thing I do on my installs. Looks so much more professional. Only thing I would've done different is install Rain Bird valves. Those look like old Irritrol or Richdel valves. The screw on collar is good for quick service but the valves themselves are kind of a pain. To each his own though, still a good looking repair. Love what you've done with the truck too man. Looks like your doing good things with your equipment and your business. The work looks top notch too, hats off to you my friend.

1994 F-150 XLT 4X4 8' Uni-Mount
1995 7.3L F-250 XLT 4X4 9' Uni-Mount & Pro Flo Spreader
2009 7x14 Trailmaster
2003 7x18 Trailmaster

48" Walker MT GHS
36" Walker MC GHS
48" John Deere Hydro W/B
21" Husqvarna XT7
Stihl KM-90 W/ FS-KM
Stihl FS-85R Trimmer
Stihl FC-95 Stick Edger
Stihl BR-550&600 Backpack Blower
Stihl BG-86 Handheld Blower
Stihl HS-45 Hedge Trimmers
Snapper Commercial Power Rake/Slit Seeder
Ryan Aerator
Husqvarna 235 Chainsaw 16" Bar
Old 11-02-2011, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

just bring it up allready you lazy a$$ ! i just came inside from working on my truck. Come up sunday and we will mess with it.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
just bring it up allready you lazy a$$ ! i just came inside from working on my truck. Come up sunday and we will mess with it.
haha! Sorry man, i have been crazy busy! I am going to chicago this weekend. I will bring it up next sunday. Where abouts is your shop?

PM or email me your number too!

Insured and Licensed
Old 11-02-2011, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Freak View Post
Love the stone, thats the same thing I do on my installs. Looks so much more professional. Only thing I would've done different is install Rain Bird valves. Those look like old Irritrol or Richdel valves. The screw on collar is good for quick service but the valves themselves are kind of a pain. To each his own though, still a good looking repair. Love what you've done with the truck too man. Looks like your doing good things with your equipment and your business. The work looks top notch too, hats off to you my friend.
not to be an ass, but those are hunter valves, the easier valves to fix, work on, and replace. Im not sure how much irrigation work you do, but i have almost never had to replace hunter valves. They are always irritol.

Also, this was a job last year and those were all replaced from rainbird valves(which were all leaking and half had bad solenoids) to hunter valves. They are the new design.

Thanks for the kudos though, hope your operation is going well. Havent talked to you much recently.

Insured and Licensed
Old 11-03-2011, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hey all is well man, I couldn't tell from the picture, just the general shape made me think irritrol I guess. Maybe its something about the water difference from your region and mine. But I'm always replacing nelson, toro, and such. Rain Bird and Hunter are what I have the best luck with. Still like the job you did though don't get me wrong. The gravel in the valve boxes really just add a professional touch.

1994 F-150 XLT 4X4 8' Uni-Mount
1995 7.3L F-250 XLT 4X4 9' Uni-Mount & Pro Flo Spreader
2009 7x14 Trailmaster
2003 7x18 Trailmaster

48" Walker MT GHS
36" Walker MC GHS
48" John Deere Hydro W/B
21" Husqvarna XT7
Stihl KM-90 W/ FS-KM
Stihl FS-85R Trimmer
Stihl FC-95 Stick Edger
Stihl BR-550&600 Backpack Blower
Stihl BG-86 Handheld Blower
Stihl HS-45 Hedge Trimmers
Snapper Commercial Power Rake/Slit Seeder
Ryan Aerator
Husqvarna 235 Chainsaw 16" Bar
Old 11-03-2011, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Freak View Post
Hey all is well man, I couldn't tell from the picture, just the general shape made me think irritrol I guess. Maybe its something about the water difference from your region and mine. But I'm always replacing nelson, toro, and such. Rain Bird and Hunter are what I have the best luck with. Still like the job you did though don't get me wrong. The gravel in the valve boxes really just add a professional touch.
Understand completely! I think every detail counts when installing an irrigation system. Usually when i go out to service valves, half the valves are buried and you barely can even twist to manually turn on. Also, guys put like 7 zones into one small valve box so its cramped and zero room to work!

You should see the wiring i do for my installs. I soldier the hot wires, then in the dielectric sleeve and there is zer mess. Zero tangled wires and it is easy to fix and ascetically pleasing .

Insured and Licensed
Old 11-03-2011, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

btw more info on the truck, since this is the truck thread. The glow plugs went out two mornings ago. The plow mount is being tightened, fluids changed, exhaust flange replaced(rattling like crazy) Oiling sending unit was leaking so that will be replaced, turbo clamps were tightened, new batterys installed and everything is going to be winter ready when i get back from Chicago this weekend for winter.

Still need to get the DUMP fixed, but the truck going to sound nice!

Insured and Licensed