Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 08-06-2011, 02:57 PM
dchrom dchrom is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Atlanta Ga
Posts: 35
Do you find that you are quicker on the walkbehinds then the lazers? We went from having two walkers and switched to the 48" turf tracers. Cut our time down on properties alot. I have 3 now all with around 1500 hrs on them so you should be able to get alot out of yours.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-06-2011, 04:04 PM
michiganmower10 michiganmower10 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Livingston County, MI
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
ACCOUNTS AND EQUIPMENT and new trimmer and edger this spring
nice redmax's, i noticed the shindaiwa on the rack, that a 231 or a 261? did you have shindaiwa's before the redmax's? everything looks good
__________________
Tyler's Lawn Maintenance
65 accts
Equipment:
-97' F-250HD Ext. Cab Long Bed 5.8L 4x4
-08' Exmark Lazer Z 28HP EFI/60" Triton
-05' Ferris 15HP/48" Ultrabelt GD
-09' Craftsman 7.5HP/22"
-98' MTD 5HP/21"
-00' Shindaiwa T-230 Trimmer
-06'/12' Shindaiwa T-242 Trimmers
-12' Shindaiwa LE-242 Stick edger
-11' Redmax 7150 BP Blower
-00' Redmax 4300 BP Blower
-06' Craftsman 5HP Edger
-05' HaulinUt 6x12
-13' PoulanPro 18" Chainsaw
-02' Craftsman Bushwacker HedgeTrimmers
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-06-2011, 04:22 PM
scagrider22 scagrider22 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
the trailer has 5200lb axles, 3" channel all along the whole length, and 1" squar tubed sides. Its pleanty big enough to handle a 7k lb loader. The only thing i would have changed was the back gate and had the metal kick stand and also put my drop hitch on for the dump because it was angled up a lot!

I dont haul bobcats much, usually a small dingo or vermeer. But if i do get a skid i will get an equipment trailer with racks for pallet forks, and an auger bit. But thats in the want list for now
Sorry bud but your trailer has 3500 lb axles and after the weight of the trailer that leaves you about 5200 lbs that you can haul. 5 lug utility trailers almost always have 3500 lb axles then I looked at Sure tracs web site and the only available axle for that size trailer is 3500 lb.
__________________
grk82
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-06-2011, 09:17 PM
cuttin-to-the-Max cuttin-to-the-Max is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Commerce,MI
Posts: 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by scagrider22 View Post
Sorry bud but your trailer has 3500 lb axles and after the weight of the trailer that leaves you about 5200 lbs that you can haul. 5 lug utility trailers almost always have 3500 lb axles then I looked at Sure tracs web site and the only available axle for that size trailer is 3500 lb.

Guys! Guys! Chill out no big deal!
I have hauled my 7k skid on my trailer too MANY TIMES! With a 8ft snow pusher No problems! Almost same trailer!
And my trailer is made from angle iron which has been beefed up to handle the worse conditions!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-06-2011, 10:51 PM
KE-llc KE-llc is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: dirty jersey
Posts: 638
I love the truck an two 48"s! perfect setup for your properties imo
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-06-2011, 10:58 PM
oakwdman's Avatar
oakwdman oakwdman is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: McHenry County, IL
Posts: 1,297
LOVE the tthp's. I have 2 right now myself, both are 19hp's electric starts and one is actually propane. I don't find standers to be much faster on my properties and I've tried many times. Pro-slide's are the sh*t too, leaves the best stripes, I wouldn't trade mine for anything!

Only thing you're missing now is a white enclosed.
__________________
Exmark
Stihl
Wells cargo
Chevy


www.OakwoodLandscapeConcepts.com
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Falcon50EX's Avatar
Falcon50EX Falcon50EX is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakwdman View Post
LOVE the tthp's. I have 2 right now myself, both are 19hp's electric starts and one is actually propane. I don't find standers to be much faster on my properties and I've tried many times. Pro-slide's are the sh*t too, leaves the best stripes, I wouldn't trade mine for anything!

Only thing you're missing now is a white enclosed.
? How are the Pro-slide's on the mower? I have thought about it but what has stopped me is now the mower is dragging me to.
__________________

Training them early
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-07-2011, 09:37 PM
DLONGLANDSCAPING DLONGLANDSCAPING is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham,MI
Posts: 1,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitts lawn care View Post
Like this house with the fence.
wish we had more lawns that looks like this, i am going to advertise next year for just irrigated lawns and have a irrigation start up/shut down factored into the lawn price/proposal.

This lawn is long two days after we cut it though
__________________

Insured and Licensed
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-07-2011, 09:39 PM
DLONGLANDSCAPING DLONGLANDSCAPING is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham,MI
Posts: 1,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchrom View Post
Do you find that you are quicker on the walkbehinds then the lazers? We went from having two walkers and switched to the 48" turf tracers. Cut our time down on properties alot. I have 3 now all with around 1500 hrs on them so you should be able to get alot out of yours.
It is much quicker with the 48's walkbehind rather than 60 z's .I have found that it knocks a bunch of trimming because we can get closer to objects without hitting and ruining or ripping up turf with the Z. We have shortened up our route almost an hour each day. And the lawns look better and are healthier with the heavy z not being used.
__________________

Insured and Licensed
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-07-2011, 09:52 PM
DLONGLANDSCAPING DLONGLANDSCAPING is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham,MI
Posts: 1,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttin-to-the-Max View Post
Guys! Guys! Chill out no big deal!
I have hauled my 7k skid on my trailer too MANY TIMES! With a 8ft snow pusher No problems! Almost same trailer!
And my trailer is made from angle iron which has been beefed up to handle the worse conditions!
says 5200 right on the axles and title. I had this trailer custom build and had a thread about it too.

The trailer that i bought came stock with no side gate, 3500lb axles, one brake on the tandem axles instead of on both axles, no tool box upfront, and angle iron rails and gate

What i ordered mine with was:
-5200lb axles
-Side Gate
-Brakes on both with a break away kit(needed for DOT in michigan)
-Heavy Duty 1" Tubing ramp
-1" Tubing Rails
-Tool Box
-Radial tires

lmk if you have any more questions
__________________

Insured and Licensed
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.09742 seconds with 8 queries