Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-07-2011, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakwdman View Post
LOVE the tthp's. I have 2 right now myself, both are 19hp's electric starts and one is actually propane. I don't find standers to be much faster on my properties and I've tried many times. Pro-slide's are the sh*t too, leaves the best stripes, I wouldn't trade mine for anything!

Only thing you're missing now is a white enclosed.

I love the tthps too, cut great, electric start is the way to go too! I hate standers they kill my back, i demoed the scag v ride, hustler, wright , exmark, and ferris evolution and they all hurt my back by the end of the day and really hurt by the end of day 2.

I saw a propane model on ebay i almost got, where can you get the propane refilled? Special propane centers?

I love proslides, the only negative part is when you stop to fast and it slips and you feel like your going to fall.

Funny you said that about the enclosed. I have been looking for the last week for an enclosed because my 16ft trailer is way to long for 2tthps, i am looking for a white cargo mate or pace enclosed, 14x7 v nose extended toungue. That way i wouldnt have to load and unload everything and could use the landscape trailer for LANDSCAPING and not mowing anymore.

Insured and Licensed
Old 08-07-2011, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon50EX View Post
? How are the Pro-slide's on the mower? I have thought about it but what has stopped me is now the mower is dragging me to.
PROSLIDES ARE AMAZING. I WOULD NEVER RUN A DIFFERENT SULKY,VELKY, OR RIDE BEHIND AGAIN!

If you have a hydro mower there is no problem with a rider, im around 195lbs and pulls me like nothing is there. The Proslide strips like nothing else i have every seen either. Even fescue stripes like blue grass and rye.

Insured and Licensed
Old 08-07-2011, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE-llc View Post
I love the truck an two 48"s! perfect setup for your properties imo
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree, 60" Mowers on my small littler resi's was over kill. Plus, properties look way better now

Insured and Licensed
Old 08-07-2011, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is more of that paver job earlier this year. I have a bunch more photos from a big retaining wall and a water feature we did on my dads camera, cant find the memory card though.
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 08-07-2011, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmower10 View Post
nice redmax's, i noticed the shindaiwa on the rack, that a 231 or a 261? did you have shindaiwa's before the redmax's? everything looks good
Thanks, i love the redmax's but they give me trouble starting almost every day even when they are hot they need to be choked. Dealer says everything is working as it should.

I have 4 shindaiwas, the blue one on the rack is the 261, i also have a t282 with a bent trimmer shaft from someone trying to steal it last year out of the greentouch trimmer rack, then i had the c4 24cc and 34cc which were garbage. they never started good and ran like **** too, the 34cc was extreamly heavy and had an extreamly long shaft that was so uncomfortable.

I like the 261, starts up first pull every time, doesnt need to be choked at all when hot and has a perfect length shaft.

Insured and Licensed
Old 08-07-2011, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

found some pictures from when i was 15-16 with a 5x10 tsc trailer, and a 48" exmark metro i got for 1500 at a dealer one year old, demo'd

pb755t echo blower(only lasted a season with 15 lawns and a john deere trimmer/edger/hedger combo with custom built racks

Also, a job from this year. 4 out of 6 leaky/sticky valves would run slowly all day or wouldnt turn on. Replaced all of them, dug the hole deeper and filled 3" of granite stone and re-wired.
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 08-08-2011, 02:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
I love the tthps too, cut great, electric start is the way to go too! I hate standers they kill my back, i demoed the scag v ride, hustler, wright , exmark, and ferris evolution and they all hurt my back by the end of the day and really hurt by the end of day 2.
I'm 6'1" or so and the only standers I've been uncomfortable on has been the grandstands/vantage others havent been too bad, just too heavy for my accounts.
I saw a propane model on ebay i almost got, where can you get the propane refilled? Special propane centers?
was it from a guy in IL? probably the same guy I got mine from..
I just go anywhere that fills tanks, its kind of a pita but some people eat up the "green" stuff and I get a lot of comments on the mower.

I love proslides, the only negative part is when you stop to fast and it slips and you feel like your going to fall.
That and when you stop when you're going downhill, I almost sh*t my pants the first time that happened to me lol

Funny you said that about the enclosed. I have been looking for the last week for an enclosed because my 16ft trailer is way to long for 2tthps, i am looking for a white cargo mate or pace enclosed, 14x7 v nose extended toungue. That way i wouldnt have to load and unload everything and could use the landscape trailer for LANDSCAPING and not mowing anymore.
If you can find a Wells Cargo I'd go that route, they seem to be much better built and hold up. It's all I'll EVER buy. I love having everything that I need with me at all times, its like a rolling shop. Plus at the end of the day I just lock the sh*t out of it and park it, no unloading or tarping. I would like an open utility/equip trailer in the not too distant future though, they do have their place thats for sure.
Chevy

www.OakwoodLandscapeConcepts.com
Old 08-08-2011, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
Here is more of that paver job earlier this year. I have a bunch more photos from a big retaining wall and a water feature we did on my dads camera, cant find the memory card though.
Nice stuff! Hey what software did you use here??
Old 08-08-2011, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Love the look of the newer front ends
Old 08-08-2011, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

paint the open the same green as the dump body
Posted via Mobile Device