Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-09-2011, 02:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakwdman View Post
If you can find a Wells Cargo I'd go that route, they seem to be much better built and hold up. It's all I'll EVER buy. I love having everything that I need with me at all times, its like a rolling shop. Plus at the end of the day I just lock the sh*t out of it and park it, no unloading or tarping. I would like an open utility/equip trailer in the not too distant future though, they do have their place thats for sure.
wells cargo was actually cheaper. 4300 otd for a heavy duty 14x7. Does that sound too cheap for a brand new trailer.

If i keep growing like i have been, im off the mowing crew next year and doing estimates,bids, and sales all next year when not doing landscape jobs.

Equipment trailers in general are good because they can carry anything, you can set them up how you want and can carry mini ex's, bobcats, tractors, and cars even.

Insured and Licensed
Old 08-09-2011, 02:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE-llc View Post
paint the open the same green as the dump body
Posted via Mobile Device
i would love to but once the paint start flaking and i need to repaint it. Its only a year old so far. I want to get a white enclosed and paint it green and letter the **** out of it.

Insured and Licensed
Old 08-09-2011, 02:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttin-to-the-Max View Post
Nice stuff! Hey what software did you use here??
its google sketchup, free download online.

Not too professional but its gets the idea of the design pretty well. I have dyna scape finally but doesnt install on mac, so im dreading buying another computer after i spend 2200 on a program.

Insured and Licensed
Old 08-09-2011, 02:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Some finished pictures of the job from today. Not the best because there is no where to take a decent picture.
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 08-09-2011, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
Some finished pictures of the job from today. Not the best because there is no where to take a decent picture.
looks great.
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 08-09-2011, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hows that dump treating you? Im about to buy a dump that looks just like that, an 00' F-450, 7.3L, 8'6" meyer/diamond plow, 12' dump bed, 120k miles for 10k, looks just like your truck minus the green paint.

Ohh and its got no little to no rust, was a southern truck up until 100k miles, just has one plowing season under its belt.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Everything looks amazing work and that dump truck!! Did that hurt your trailer gate at all taking the bobcat up it?
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Old 08-12-2011, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
Thanks, i love the redmax's but they give me trouble starting almost every day even when they are hot they need to be choked. Dealer says everything is working as it should.

I have 4 shindaiwas, the blue one on the rack is the 261, i also have a t282 with a bent trimmer shaft from someone trying to steal it last year out of the greentouch trimmer rack, then i had the c4 24cc and 34cc which were garbage. they never started good and ran like **** too, the 34cc was extreamly heavy and had an extreamly long shaft that was so uncomfortable.

I like the 261, starts up first pull every time, doesnt need to be choked at all when hot and has a perfect length shaft.
I got a ancient redmax i use and still starts first or second pull, i dont know if you know where this is but i was going to Billings Power Equipment this spring to get a new T261 and LE261 and thats when i found out they were discontinued along with a bunch of other models, guy at the dealer told me it was probably because echo bought them out, as far as shindaiwas i have the smaller 242 and 230 and they are well ballanced, in the process of rebuilding the T230 though
-97' F-250HD Ext. Cab Long Bed 5.8L 4x4
-08' Exmark Lazer Z 28HP EFI/60" Triton
-05' Ferris 15HP/48" Ultrabelt GD
-09' Craftsman 7.5HP/22"
-98' MTD 5HP/21"
-00' Shindaiwa T-230 Trimmer
-06'/12' Shindaiwa T-242 Trimmers
-12' Shindaiwa LE-242 Stick edger
-11' Redmax 7150 BP Blower
-00' Redmax 4300 BP Blower
-06' Craftsman 5HP Edger
-05' HaulinUt 6x12
-13' PoulanPro 18" Chainsaw
-02' Craftsman Bushwacker HedgeTrimmers
Old 08-15-2011, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick's Lawn Care View Post
Hows that dump treating you? Im about to buy a dump that looks just like that, an 00' F-450, 7.3L, 8'6" meyer/diamond plow, 12' dump bed, 120k miles for 10k, looks just like your truck minus the green paint.

Ohh and its got no little to no rust, was a southern truck up until 100k miles, just has one plowing season under its belt.
Love the dump truck. We did over 200 yards of mulch this year. Last year we were using the equipment trailer and loading with shovels and wheel barrels and we could do about a yard and hour with two guys. Now with the dump truck, two wheel barrels and two guys we can do around 3.5-5 yards per hour depending on how far we have to take it. Our biggest mulch job was 14 yards and it was 10 tripple shred hardwood and 4 undied chips for under a playset and with all the travel and edging and weeding it took a little over 4 hours to complete. Would have taken us over a day to complete last year.

Good luck with the truck, make sure to take it to a mechanic before you buy it to check everything mechanical out. This was my 3rd choice and im glad i waited and checked the other two out. People dont take car of engines the way they should and a lot can go wrong with turbos, gaskets, manifolds and seals.

Insured and Licensed
Old 08-15-2011, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmower10 View Post
I got a ancient redmax i use and still starts first or second pull, i dont know if you know where this is but i was going to Billings Power Equipment this spring to get a new T261 and LE261 and thats when i found out they were discontinued along with a bunch of other models, guy at the dealer told me it was probably because echo bought them out, as far as shindaiwas i have the smaller 242 and 230 and they are well ballanced, in the process of rebuilding the T230 though
Billlngs Power Equipment is the WORST place to buy, and fix equipment. I life 5 miles away from them and refuse to go to the close place from how they have treated me in the past. I use weingartz which is a 30 min drive just because they treat me like the NEED my business and have extreamly quick turn around times and give me demo mowers if a mower is in the shop getting fixed. Plus they have a bigger inventory and nicer people to work with

i.e. Call to check on an order. "Hi, im calling about my redmax ebz8050 blower i dropped off the other day to see if its done"

Guy on the phone says: "I dont know what your talking about"

Me: "I dropped my blower off to get fixed, can you check on my order its under delong"

Guy on phone: "I dont know what your talking about, theres many blowers in here do you have the serial number"

Me: "No im in the car, Can you please look up my name and find the order number"

Guy on phone: "No"

Me: "Well how can i find out about my blower"

Guy on phoneusing a loud tone somehwat yelling) "i dont know you tell me"

Mestarting to get mad now) "Can i talk to the guy i dropped the blower off too"

Guy on phone: "Im the guy you talked to"

Me: "No, the young guy"

Guy on phone: (screaming)"I dont know what your talking about, you need to watch your attitude sir"

Me: "Are you f'ing joking, im calling to see if my blower is repaired and you dont know how to find that out and you are working in service. Then you yell at me and tell me i have an attitude problem"(then i hang up, go in the store and the guy i talked to is sitting right next to the young guy i dropped my blower off to and he know just what to )

This has happened 3 times and i have never gone back after the blower repair time. I will never give them one more cent of business ever.

Go to weingartz or rochester lawn and snow. Family owned, happy people and would love to do business with anyone.

Insured and Licensed