Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-15-2011, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deere615 View Post
Everything looks amazing work and that dump truck!! Did that hurt your trailer gate at all taking the bobcat up it?
Thank man, your work and equipment always looks great too. The mesh sagged a little bit in between supports but not much. If i did it a whole bunch of times repeatededly the mesh would most likely push through.

I ideally want to sell this equipment trailer, buy an enclosed 14ft-16ft v nose and a 16ft equipment trailer when i get a bobcat but that wont be for another year or so. I like having a whole bunch of savings and 401k deposits rather than a payment each month or big amount gone for now. Just rent when i need it for now

Insured and Licensed
Old 08-15-2011, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
Thank man, your work and equipment always looks great too. The mesh sagged a little bit in between supports but not much. If i did it a whole bunch of times repeatededly the mesh would most likely push through.

I ideally want to sell this equipment trailer, buy an enclosed 14ft-16ft v nose and a 16ft equipment trailer when i get a bobcat but that wont be for another year or so. I like having a whole bunch of savings and 401k deposits rather than a payment each month or big amount gone for now. Just rent when i need it for now
you should be renting it from cat in novi since you're in bham. That way all the money you are spending goes towards your skidsteer that you want to buy. Then you bill the customer for your rental so you could of had prob 1k or more off of your skid already!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttin-to-the-Max View Post
you should be renting it from cat in novi since you're in bham. That way all the money you are spending goes towards your skidsteer that you want to buy. Then you bill the customer for your rental so you could of had prob 1k or more off of your skid already!
quick question. I know the dealer your talking about and i have looked at skids there before.

When you rent a piece of equipment. Lets say its 300 per day. You rent it for a week. Thats 2100 dollars. Does that credit an account there to take 2100 dollars off of a skid steer if you were to purchase it there?

Right now, i dont have the jobs to justify a purchase such as a skid. I mean, i would use it for so many jobs to make it easier but its not NEEDED per say. If i get some of the bigger apartment complex's i have been bidding on for 2 years now(came close to winning one last year) i will be able to justify a purchase because i will have the winter months income to pay it off but the funds get pretty slow in the winter time. Seems like everyone with a truck around me plows and advertises 75 dollars per driveway for the season which i will never do!

Insured and Licensed
Old 08-15-2011, 04:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
quick question. I know the dealer your talking about and i have looked at skids there before.

When you rent a piece of equipment. Lets say its 300 per day. You rent it for a week. Thats 2100 dollars. Does that credit an account there to take 2100 dollars off of a skid steer if you were to purchase it there?

Right now, i dont have the jobs to justify a purchase such as a skid. I mean, i would use it for so many jobs to make it easier but its not NEEDED per say. If i get some of the bigger apartment complex's i have been bidding on for 2 years now(came close to winning one last year) i will be able to justify a purchase because i will have the winter months income to pay it off but the funds get pretty slow in the winter time. Seems like everyone with a truck around me plows and advertises 75 dollars per driveway for the season which i will never do!
lol in west Bloomfield there is a company going for 125 includes front walk, sidewalk and Salting of the drive. If the guy showed up to all of them in a timely matter i would just sub all of mine out and wait for the cash! But he doesnt always show up!

But yeah for the skid steer you have your own account so when you go in there and rent one they put it on your account. (In your case you could just keep renting them for your odds and ends jobs, and rank up the credits!)

For us we Lease to own them they are 800 a month. We use our 3 skids that we rent for mulch and everything all season so we just lease them out. This way they do all maintenance and such. while we just put all these hours on their machine. Once we have paid off their machine we return it and Get a BRAND NEW one to keep. Minimum is 800 a month we pay a little more just because......i guess we can and dont want to lease one out forever.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

Glad I am not the only one that saves $$ too!! Ya I built a new gate for mine but its still a bit iffy taking my bobcat tractor on it, Someday I will probably get a deckover trailer
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Old 08-15-2011, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Billlngs Power Equipment is the WORST place to buy, and fix equipment. I life 5 miles away from them and refuse to go to the close place from how they have treated me in the past. I use weingartz which is a 30 min drive just because they treat me like the NEED my business and have extreamly quick turn around times and give me demo mowers if a mower is in the shop getting fixed. Plus they have a bigger inventory and nicer people to work with

i.e. Call to check on an order. "Hi, im calling about my redmax ebz8050 blower i dropped off the other day to see if its done"

Guy on the phone says: "I dont know what your talking about"

Me: "I dropped my blower off to get fixed, can you check on my order its under delong"

Guy on phone: "I dont know what your talking about, theres many blowers in here do you have the serial number"

Me: "No im in the car, Can you please look up my name and find the order number"

Guy on phone: "No"

Me: "Well how can i find out about my blower"

Guy on phoneusing a loud tone somehwat yelling) "i dont know you tell me"

Mestarting to get mad now) "Can i talk to the guy i dropped the blower off too"

Guy on phone: "Im the guy you talked to"

Me: "No, the young guy"

Guy on phone: (screaming)"I dont know what your talking about, you need to watch your attitude sir"

Me: "Are you f'ing joking, im calling to see if my blower is repaired and you dont know how to find that out and you are working in service. Then you yell at me and tell me i have an attitude problem"(then i hang up, go in the store and the guy i talked to is sitting right next to the young guy i dropped my blower off to and he know just what to )

This has happened 3 times and i have never gone back after the blower repair time. I will never give them one more cent of business ever.

Go to weingartz or rochester lawn and snow. Family owned, happy people and would love to do business with anyone.

Wow sorry that happened, not good service to a paying customer, its been a while since me or my dad has done buisness with them, last time we were there it was work was done as part of a warranty, thats never happened to me or my dad there but like i said its been a while since ive been there, ill check out that rochester lawn and snow, the blower i got is actually from weingartz-bought there over 10 yrs ago and still running, does rochester lawn and snow have shindaiwa? and how did you like your 282 before it got wrecked? i am lookin for new handhelds but with shindaiwa eliminated so many models i dont want to buy something that is a pain in the ass, i thought about looking for the old models online to see if i could find any but im not sure what direction i want to go in yet
-97' F-250HD Ext. Cab Long Bed 5.8L 4x4
-08' Exmark Lazer Z 28HP EFI/60" Triton
-05' Ferris 15HP/48" Ultrabelt GD
-09' Craftsman 7.5HP/22"
-98' MTD 5HP/21"
-00' Shindaiwa T-230 Trimmer
-06'/12' Shindaiwa T-242 Trimmers
-12' Shindaiwa LE-242 Stick edger
-11' Redmax 7150 BP Blower
-00' Redmax 4300 BP Blower
-06' Craftsman 5HP Edger
-05' HaulinUt 6x12
-13' PoulanPro 18" Chainsaw
-02' Craftsman Bushwacker HedgeTrimmers
Old 10-20-2011, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Billlngs Power Equipment is the WORST place to buy, and fix equipment. I life 5 miles away from them and refuse to go to the close place from how they have treated me in the past. I use weingartz which is a 30 min drive just because they treat me like the NEED my business and have extreamly quick turn around times and give me demo mowers if a mower is in the shop getting fixed. Plus they have a bigger inventory and nicer people to work with

i.e. Call to check on an order. "Hi, im calling about my redmax ebz8050 blower i dropped off the other day to see if its done"

Guy on the phone says: "I dont know what your talking about"

Me: "I dropped my blower off to get fixed, can you check on my order its under delong"

Guy on phone: "I dont know what your talking about, theres many blowers in here do you have the serial number"

Me: "No im in the car, Can you please look up my name and find the order number"

Guy on phone: "No"

Me: "Well how can i find out about my blower"

Guy on phoneusing a loud tone somehwat yelling) "i dont know you tell me"

Mestarting to get mad now) "Can i talk to the guy i dropped the blower off too"

Guy on phone: "Im the guy you talked to"

Me: "No, the young guy"

Guy on phone: (screaming)"I dont know what your talking about, you need to watch your attitude sir"

Me: "Are you f'ing joking, im calling to see if my blower is repaired and you dont know how to find that out and you are working in service. Then you yell at me and tell me i have an attitude problem"(then i hang up, go in the store and the guy i talked to is sitting right next to the young guy i dropped my blower off to and he know just what to )

This has happened 3 times and i have never gone back after the blower repair time. I will never give them one more cent of business ever.

Go to weingartz or rochester lawn and snow. Family owned, happy people and would love to do business with anyone.
They installed my dump box in my truck for the previous owner (friend of mine)

and after going through 3 fuel pumps in 2 years i found that they drilled into my fuel filler neck when installing the box (so all my bulk salt water funneled into it during the winter)

I also never go them, Terry at weingartz has been giving my dad great service for 20 years now, and i naturally stuck with him upon buying my company. They also have gotten so big they are buying out distributors and have unbeatable prices.

BTW thought you were gonna take out some traffic lights driving down Rochester road today with the dumpbed up lol what happened with that?
Old 10-20-2011, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmower10 View Post
Wow sorry that happened, not good service to a paying customer, its been a while since me or my dad has done buisness with them, last time we were there it was work was done as part of a warranty, thats never happened to me or my dad there but like i said its been a while since ive been there, ill check out that rochester lawn and snow, the blower i got is actually from weingartz-bought there over 10 yrs ago and still running, does rochester lawn and snow have shindaiwa? and how did you like your 282 before it got wrecked? i am lookin for new handhelds but with shindaiwa eliminated so many models i dont want to buy something that is a pain in the ass, i thought about looking for the old models online to see if i could find any but im not sure what direction i want to go in yet
Rochester lawn has shindaiwa, and is another great company (roch lawn, not shindy, i switched to redmax and never looked back, aside from swapping speedfeed heads on)
Old 10-20-2011, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsworth View Post
Rochester lawn has shindaiwa, and is another great company (roch lawn, not shindy, i switched to redmax and never looked back, aside from swapping speedfeed heads on)
TURF STEWARD!!!!! I see you all around town all the time. You do some great work with some clean stripes. I love the stainless dump insert as well. We should get together sometime. I got a few questions for you. I use the weingartz in Clarkston, they all know me by first name, give me loaners if a machine is in and treat me very well. Thats bs about the fuel pump as well, they all are hilbillies in there for some reason, the owner needs to find a new staff(for billings).

I have a quick question for you. Does your dad own Landscape Creations? I heard through one of my employess that he does and you have that Turf Steward. Im just curious, if he did, why not join up with him? Does greed play a rool?

PM me if you dont wanna share.

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-20-2011, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsworth View Post
They installed my dump box in my truck for the previous owner (friend of mine)

and after going through 3 fuel pumps in 2 years i found that they drilled into my fuel filler neck when installing the box (so all my bulk salt water funneled into it during the winter)

I also never go them, Terry at weingartz has been giving my dad great service for 20 years now, and i naturally stuck with him upon buying my company. They also have gotten so big they are buying out distributors and have unbeatable prices.

BTW thought you were gonna take out some traffic lights driving down Rochester road today with the dump bed up lol what happened with that?
ABOUT THE DUMP BEING STUCK OPEN!!!!! HAHAHA. i cant believe you saw that. We went on side streets all the way to advanced supply where i know the owners who help me out with a loader. My solenoid valve locked up on the down pressure cylinder so it wouldn't release the valve to let the fluid out so it was soo pressurized and i didnt want to unscrew the line and have fluid go everywhere and have the bed slam down. I took it to Advanced and Russ, the owner, put a loader underneath it and figured it all out for me. Its at Clyde's right now getting worked on, plow mount was loose, the line and solenoid are being fixed, and I'm getting my leaf loader mount beefed up a little bit.

Insured and Licensed