Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 08-07-2011, 09:49 PM
HokieAg07's Avatar
HokieAg07 HokieAg07 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Richmond, Va
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
I'm sorry .... does water flow differently on the East coast? FYI RLP .... I live in an area that gets NO rain for the better part of 6-7 months, and MPR's perform exceptionally well. Once again, no nozzle is going to make design flaws magically disappear ... not even the MPR.



Now that is smart. Drought conditions ..... and throw on the water. WTF is wrong with people in this industry?
We live in the real world not la-la land like you. I could say a whole lot more but in the end that is all that it really comes down to.
__________________
Chris
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-07-2011, 09:49 PM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,734
Spare us all? Whose this all Tonto?
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-07-2011, 09:54 PM
rlpsystems's Avatar
rlpsystems rlpsystems is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
I'm sorry .... does water flow differently on the East coast? FYI RLP .... I live in an area that gets NO rain for the better part of 6-7 months, and MPR's perform exceptionally well. Once again, no nozzle is going to make design flaws magically disappear ... not even the MPR.



Now that is smart. Drought conditions ..... and throw on the water. WTF is wrong with people in this industry?
read that fact that I pull water from a lake..........so I perfer to put out as much as terrain allows. 2 hp pump 2" mainline. 10 heads a zone 20 gpm at 60 psi....sorry for the confusion.....I hope this does not affect you, as the reservoir I pull water from is the power plant that sells Ca electric every weekend so u can keep cool........
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieAg07 View Post
We live in the real world not la-la land like you. I could say a whole lot more but in the end that is all that it really comes down to.
In the real world water conservation is a big concern, and if managing sites to conserve water resources is la la land, then I live right in the middle of it. But heh .... if people here don't give a damn about proper irrigation design and management, and would rather act like a bunch of f'n amateurs then so be it.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpsystems View Post
read that fact that I pull water from a lake..........so I perfer to put out as much as terrain allows. 2 hp pump 2" mainline. 10 heads a zone 20 gpm at 60 psi....sorry for the confusion.....I hope this does not affect you, as the reservoir I pull water from is the power plant that sells Ca electric every weekend so u can keep cool........
And you are right ... MPR's shouldn't be used in potentially dirty water scenario's without filtration. That said ... how does that impact their performance using them with clean water or proper filtration? Once again we come down to knowing how to use products correctly. Are you going to push lake water through a drip line without filtration .... no ... so why would you attempt to do so with the MPR or any other small orifice nozzle?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alpine, Arizona
Posts: 20,496
Gee, I just stumbled on this site, are you guys irri pros? If you are, then you should know to use the MP or like for plantings and let sprays and/or medium-throw rotors do it for turf.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-07-2011, 10:20 PM
rlpsystems's Avatar
rlpsystems rlpsystems is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieAg07 View Post
We live in the real world not la-la land like you. I could say a whole lot more but in the end that is all that it really comes down to.
The bottom line is we need green grass, turf, whatever you wanna call it. There's people on this forum that think what's good here, is great there! I have been there, and now, am trying this. I know what works in my climate and if that means a single stream putting out water and overspraying into the street.........oh well... I have no complaints of spraying Smith Mountain Lake water on the streets, docks, walkways, hardscapes......cause there grass is green........if you must conserve...than do it. But dont tell another irrigator how charts work when you dont know the area. When a job plan is given to me....I bid after I see and visit job...Paper and irrigation are two different birds..........I am planning on going out for a three day swordfishing trip and would love kiril to pm me to come.......go Hokies!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpsystems View Post
The bottom line is we need green grass, turf, whatever you wanna call it.
Yea ... so just water the f'n shiit out of it .... because water is cheap and plentiful and no irrigator really gives a damn about managing soils or plants properly ... let alone irrigation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpsystems View Post
There's people on this forum that think what's good here, is great there! I have been there, and now, am trying this. I know what works in my climate and if that means a single stream putting out water and overspraying into the street.........oh well... I have no complaints of spraying Smith Mountain Lake water on the streets, docks, walkways, hardscapes......cause there grass is green........if you must conserve...than do it. But dont tell another irrigator how charts work when you dont know the area. When a job plan is given to me....I bid after I see and visit job...Paper and irrigation are two different birds..........I am planning on going out for a three day swordfishing trip and would love kiril to pm me to come.......go Hokies!
Funny .... I have lived in NC ... but I guess I don't know the area, and for some reason water that comes out of a nozzle in NC is different than water that comes out of a nozzle in CA.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-07-2011, 10:31 PM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Gee, I just stumbled on this site, are you guys irri pros? If you are, then you should know to use the MP or like for plantings and let sprays and/or medium-throw rotors do it for turf.
Most succinct post on this forum all week. I'm going to put that in my irrigation rules to live by memory bank Mike.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-07-2011, 10:31 PM
rlpsystems's Avatar
rlpsystems rlpsystems is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Yea ... so just water the f'n shiit out of it .... because water is cheap and no irrigator cares about managing soils or plants properly.



Funny .... I have lived in NC ... but I guess I don't know the area, and for some reason water that comes out of a nozzle in NC is different than water that comes out of a nozzle in CA.
Wow.... You are just an arrogant piece of toro........
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.08603 seconds with 8 queries