Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-07-2011, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
I'm sorry .... does water flow differently on the East coast? FYI RLP .... I live in an area that gets NO rain for the better part of 6-7 months, and MPR's perform exceptionally well. Once again, no nozzle is going to make design flaws magically disappear ... not even the MPR.

Now that is smart. Drought conditions ..... and throw on the water. WTF is wrong with people in this industry?
We live in the real world not la-la land like you. I could say a whole lot more but in the end that is all that it really comes down to.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Spare us all? Whose this all Tonto?
Old 08-07-2011, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I'm sorry .... does water flow differently on the East coast? FYI RLP .... I live in an area that gets NO rain for the better part of 6-7 months, and MPR's perform exceptionally well. Once again, no nozzle is going to make design flaws magically disappear ... not even the MPR.

Now that is smart. Drought conditions ..... and throw on the water. WTF is wrong with people in this industry?
read that fact that I pull water from a lake..........so I perfer to put out as much as terrain allows. 2 hp pump 2" mainline. 10 heads a zone 20 gpm at 60 psi....sorry for the confusion.....I hope this does not affect you, as the reservoir I pull water from is the power plant that sells Ca electric every weekend so u can keep cool........
Old 08-07-2011, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieAg07 View Post
We live in the real world not la-la land like you. I could say a whole lot more but in the end that is all that it really comes down to.
In the real world water conservation is a big concern, and if managing sites to conserve water resources is la la land, then I live right in the middle of it. But heh .... if people here don't give a damn about proper irrigation design and management, and would rather act like a bunch of f'n amateurs then so be it.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpsystems View Post
read that fact that I pull water from a lake..........so I perfer to put out as much as terrain allows. 2 hp pump 2" mainline. 10 heads a zone 20 gpm at 60 psi....sorry for the confusion.....I hope this does not affect you, as the reservoir I pull water from is the power plant that sells Ca electric every weekend so u can keep cool........
And you are right ... MPR's shouldn't be used in potentially dirty water scenario's without filtration. That said ... how does that impact their performance using them with clean water or proper filtration? Once again we come down to knowing how to use products correctly. Are you going to push lake water through a drip line without filtration .... no ... so why would you attempt to do so with the MPR or any other small orifice nozzle?
Old 08-07-2011, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Gee, I just stumbled on this site, are you guys irri pros? If you are, then you should know to use the MP or like for plantings and let sprays and/or medium-throw rotors do it for turf.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieAg07 View Post
The bottom line is we need green grass, turf, whatever you wanna call it. There's people on this forum that think what's good here, is great there! I have been there, and now, am trying this. I know what works in my climate and if that means a single stream putting out water and overspraying into the street.........oh well... I have no complaints of spraying Smith Mountain Lake water on the streets, docks, walkways, hardscapes......cause there grass is green........if you must conserve...than do it. But dont tell another irrigator how charts work when you dont know the area. When a job plan is given to me....I bid after I see and visit job...Paper and irrigation are two different birds..........I am planning on going out for a three day swordfishing trip and would love kiril to pm me to come.......go Hokies!
Old 08-07-2011, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
The bottom line is we need green grass, turf, whatever you wanna call it.
Yea ... so just water the f'n shiit out of it .... because water is cheap and plentiful and no irrigator really gives a damn about managing soils or plants properly ... let alone irrigation!

Quote:
There's people on this forum that think what's good here, is great there! I have been there, and now, am trying this. I know what works in my climate and if that means a single stream putting out water and overspraying into the street.........oh well... I have no complaints of spraying Smith Mountain Lake water on the streets, docks, walkways, hardscapes......cause there grass is green........if you must conserve...than do it. But dont tell another irrigator how charts work when you dont know the area. When a job plan is given to me....I bid after I see and visit job...Paper and irrigation are two different birds..........I am planning on going out for a three day swordfishing trip and would love kiril to pm me to come.......go Hokies!
Funny .... I have lived in NC ... but I guess I don't know the area, and for some reason water that comes out of a nozzle in NC is different than water that comes out of a nozzle in CA.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Gee, I just stumbled on this site, are you guys irri pros? If you are, then you should know to use the MP or like for plantings and let sprays and/or medium-throw rotors do it for turf.
Most succinct post on this forum all week. I'm going to put that in my irrigation rules to live by memory bank Mike.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Yea ... so just water the f'n shiit out of it .... because water is cheap and no irrigator cares about managing soils or plants properly.

Funny .... I have lived in NC ... but I guess I don't know the area, and for some reason water that comes out of a nozzle in NC is different than water that comes out of a nozzle in CA.
Wow.... You are just an arrogant piece of toro........