Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-13-2011, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
I went from a wide 12' open to a 16' Pace that is the widest you can get. If your trailer is too tight you will waste time and money trying to get to your equipment. I have a bad azz set up that I can send you pictures of. You can take one step inside my trailer an grab three blowers off a customized Trimmertrap rack, four string trimmers off a Extreme Series rack, a 2.5 gallon mix can off a custom made rack, or string trimmer line off the wall mounted spool.

All mowers are secured by Prolockers that can release the mowers with the quick pull of a knob. We have a rack on the ceiling that holds a 3' & 8' folding ladder. A box in the front of the trailer holds 10 gallons on gas and 7.5 gallons of mix. We have custom made storage compartments for our articulating trimmer and four hand help trimmers.

It's all about having an efficient setup that saves you money at every stop but safely stores your equipment.
I wanna see pics!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-13-2011, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
I wanna see pics!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Look at page 1 or 2 I think that is his trailer
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-13-2011, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I had an enclosed last year. The dry part is nice but overall smaller is better to me (opposite of what most people are saying). I do too many miles to pull an enclosed everywhere. Then theres cost, spend 6k vs 2k, 4 tires to replace vs 2. Why spend all that $. I went back to a single axle open trailer. I could see going enclosed if local enforcement on tieing down equipment is tough. Usually you can at least get your handhelds indoors even if your limited on space.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon50EX View Post
Look at page 1 or 2 I think that is his trailer
Posted via Mobile Device
It's too bad the search feature on this forum sucks. I had another posting that had even more pictures in the past. I had to build another setup for my hedge trimmers because the rack I had built caused them to leak a little. I'll zap some updated pictures of the trailer and show you the little things I've done to save time and keep equipment from getting damaged.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
It's too bad the search feature on this forum sucks. I had another posting that had even more pictures in the past. I had to build another setup for my hedge trimmers because the rack I had built caused them to leak a little. I'll zap some updated pictures of the trailer and show you the little things I've done to save time and keep equipment from getting damaged.
Yea I tried to find your pics.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-16-2011, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Trailer

Here's my setup. I can only post five pics at a time so I'll add one more posting. You can see the bump stops I had to make to keep pressure off the piano hinge when my ramp is closed. The blocks for the push mower is a must. It takes only seconds to secure the push mower and it will never come loose.

The Extreme series string trimmer rack is a must. As well as a spool holder with a built in line cutter. You must have a mix can your guys can grab in two seconds but it must be secured where it doesn't roll around. The fire extinguisher in an easy to get to spot is a must as well.
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2011, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

#1 Here's a picture of the blocks that hold in the mower.

#2 I made blocks to protect the handles on the ProLockers. As you see one safety block is already damaged.

#3 You can see my articulating trimmer tucker in against the wall in a safe spot.

#4 You can see all the No Spill can in my box that contains the fumes and prevents the cans from rolling around in the trailer.

#5 I keep all my spray tanks in a toolbox in the back of the truck. The backpack sits tucked in the bed since we use it all the time. The black containers are in the box mostly to take up space so everything stays upright and can't roll around. The blue bucket holds surfactant, Sethoxydim, Conserve SC, and there is a bottle of SedgeHammer sitting in the top tray. The jug on the right with red & white caps on it is Finale. The orange bucket keeps the spray wands organized and out of bars way. If you don't keep your spray tanks in a box dirt and other material always ends up getting in the tanks and clogging the wand tips.
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2011, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

ok today i spent all day looking at enclosed trailers and i have alot more questions then answers after seeing them 1st hand.

how do you guys secure the accesories to the walls??.
The ones i looked at seemed very light made. 3/8" plywood walls, nothing on the ceiling.
I was shocked at the poor built designs. i mean i dont trust 3/8" plywood to hold a 50 lbs rack of trimmers . The floors were 1/2" plywood?? am i missing something
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-17-2011, 07:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLS View Post
ok today i spent all day looking at enclosed trailers and i have alot more questions then answers after seeing them 1st hand.

how do you guys secure the accesories to the walls??.
The ones i looked at seemed very light made. 3/8" plywood walls, nothing on the ceiling.
I was shocked at the poor built designs. i mean i dont trust 3/8" plywood to hold a 50 lbs rack of trimmers . The floors were 1/2" plywood?? am i missing something
Posted via Mobile Device
You will have to mount 1x6's to the studs, then mount your racks. Also the floor can be beefed up without adding too much wieght either with some wood beams, or just install another peice of 1/2" ply to the floor.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I added 1/2" plywood to the walls, floor, and ramp. I also thought 3/8" plywood was skimpy.