Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-09-2011, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Member

How much does a 2011 Exmark 36" Metro Cost?

I can't seem to find the price anywhere on the web.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

3149 with ecs. im buying one soon
Old 03-09-2011, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm still in love with my 07 Sat for 5 months and started on the first pull last month when I de-winterized. Also ECS is so much more comfortable and easy, than the usual PITA pistol grips on most walk behinds. Definitely get the eXmark.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just googled 2011 exmark metro price, and this place came up. I forgot i was a member. I think i'm thinking the same way. I have small to medium lawns, and i was in a jam, so i bought an OLD exmark metro. This thing looks awful. I had stars in my eyes, and should have checked it out more, but like i say, i was in a jam. It tested great. It burns oil, pulls a little to one side, the muffler is almost non existent/broke away. I think i'm the fourth owner. BUT, it cuts great, and saves me a bunch of time. The whole unit looks neglected, but it seems like you can't kill it. All the engine info is gone, due to rust. I give this thing a half pull and it starts. Easiest starting mower i've experienced. I also like the fact that i can get local service. I do not want to mention any other brands, but i did have trouble getting service on my previous mower, no shops would touch it. I had to get used to braking instead of steering, but once I got used to it, it was very easy on my body, didn't make me exhausted. So, i am definitely exploring my options for spring 2012. I think i'm narrowed down to exmark, scag and toro. Thanks for price check Forgive the dumb question, but what's ecs?
Old 08-11-2011, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Buying a new Exmark Metro might be, IMO, one of the biggest wastes of 3 grand. These machines are constantly for sale on places like Craigslist at 1/2 to 1/3 the price of new. Save your money and just buy one very gently used at the highly discounted price.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just get a Viking you well think me latter hydro is so munch easier.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

mowingmowingmowing, would you also say it's a waste to buy other brands (toro, scag, gravely) new? Or, are you saying that just the exmark seems to be marked up too much?
Old 08-11-2011, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudosun View Post
mowingmowingmowing, would you also say it's a waste to buy other brands (toro, scag, gravely) new? Or, are you saying that just the exmark seems to be marked up too much?
At least in this area, used belt drive walk behinds can be had, most with minimal use, for a fraction of the cost of a new mower. It can be a different story with other types of mowers, it just seems like belt drive mowers are always for sale and cheap. Check your local Craigslist.