Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-11-2011, 10:39 PM
CAPT Stream Rotar's Avatar
CAPT Stream Rotar CAPT Stream Rotar is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cape Cod, Ma
Posts: 5,466
Hello

How is everyone..

we are slammed...which is good...

going all over mass big jobs....big water....

return is over 125 so far this month...

also does anyone know if brass deteriorates over time?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-11-2011, 10:54 PM
WalkGood WalkGood is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,914
Yeah, they get crotchety and preach at the youngins.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Sprinkus's Avatar
Sprinkus Sprinkus is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPT Stream Rotar View Post
also does anyone know if brass deteriorates over time?
Yes it will.
Dezincification.
How many lifetimes do you need it to last?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Winnemucca, Nevada
Posts: 20,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkus View Post
Yes it will.
Dezincification.
How many lifetimes do you need it to last?
Geez, that's a $10.00 word: seen it happen, but never knew the correct term.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Winnemucca, Nevada
Posts: 20,579
Hey Eddie! Glad things are going well; chew on any good marbles lately?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Hey Eddie! Glad things are going well; chew on any good marbles lately?
........... or slap any sweet asses?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Winnemucca, Nevada
Posts: 20,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
........... or slap any sweet asses?
I knew a contractor that did a lot of commercial work and wore his hardhat all the the time (like Jim). He was at a bar and did the "slap" and the waitresses' husband beat the pucky out of him with his own hardhat. Last time I saw him , he was wearing a floppy, soft hat.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-12-2011, 04:34 PM
ARGOS's Avatar
ARGOS ARGOS is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: On the road again.
Posts: 2,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
I knew a contractor that did a lot of commercial work and wore his hardhat all the the time (like Jim). He was at a bar and did the "slap" and the waitresses' husband beat the pucky out of him with his own hardhat. Last time I saw him , he was wearing a floppy, soft hat.
Just for the record we made Jim wear his hard hat. Told him to bring it ahead of time. I thought it clashed with the shirt, but then again I think anything would have clashed with the shirt.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-14-2011, 10:30 AM
1idejim's Avatar
1idejim 1idejim is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: State of Jefferson
Posts: 6,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGOS View Post
Just for the record we made Jim wear his hard hat. Told him to bring it ahead of time. I thought it clashed with the shirt, but then again I think anything would have clashed with the shirt.
for the record, I have a hard hat in the truck most of the time, i wear it when needed, soft cover or bare when not.

as far as the shirt goes, I LOVE MY SHIRTS. as a businessman i feel that it's important to be stylish, anyone can wear a Tee or soft sandwhich board. besides, it has a pocket and that's handy
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-14-2011, 10:34 AM
DanaMac's Avatar
DanaMac DanaMac is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Somewhere in the state of CO
Posts: 13,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
as far as the shirt goes, I LOVE MY SHIRTS. as a businessman i feel that it's important to be stylish, anyone can wear a Tee or soft sandwhich board. besides, it has a pocket and that's handy
Better tuck it in, or Les will dock you 10 points because of it
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 AM.

Page generated in 0.09907 seconds with 8 queries