Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-13-2011, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
Did anyone really expect DuPont to say, "Hey, our bad, we'll pay for all the damages."? It will take a fight and I see no reason not to seek damages from them. As the saying goes, "We all hate lawyers, until we need one."
Slow Dog

Yes the Cost of Ligation is MORE than the value of the trees and Dupont is banking on that. Plus they will use the Stall Tactic to keep people on the SOMEDAY HOOK that never happens. I don't know but I an thinking Dupont is big enough to be self insured. They have no plans of paying out the first penny, only lip service.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

This is a bummer. I just did some athletic fields that we treated with imprelis 6-8 weeks ago. Barely had to use any surge on them.
2004 Perma Green Ultra
2 Spyker 288 Supers
6 Shurflo electric backpacks
2 Husqvarna 356 low noise blowers
Ryan Mataway Overseeder
Plugr PL845 Pro VS
Plugr PL410H
Old 08-13-2011, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Member

EPA says Dupont had test data showing Imprelis was harmful.

According to the Detroit Free Press written by Cecil Angel, it says:

In its Stop Sale use, or Removal Order, the EPA said that DuPont had test data that showed its herbicide Imprelis was harmful to Norway spruce, balsam fir and other trees when it was given EPA approval last August.

Despite that test data, DuPont "does not warn or caution about potential damage to trees," the EPA said. There was nothing in the labeling or instructins that indicated that it could hurt certain trees, the EPA said.

As part of the investigation, the EPA asked DuPont in July to submit Imprelis test data and other information, including thousands of reports of tree damage.

According to the EPA, the test data was "confirming that certain coniferous trees, including Norway spruce and balsam fir, are susceptible to being damaged or killed by the application of Imprelis.

If we as LCO had been given this information, there is no way this chemical would have been used. We have been lied to and deceived I hope Dupont gets what they deserve for the damage they have caused to our customers and our reputations.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Really, so they knew it and still proceeded!?
That is super F,d up.

Now I know it was all about the money.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-13-2011, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
Really, so they knew it and still proceeded!?
That is super F,d up.

Now I know it was all about the money.
Posted via Mobile Device
Agreed.

DuPont thought they had a magic bullet for lawn herbicide applications and probably supressed the information and figured that " do not apply to the drip line of trees" was going to be enough to cover their butts.

I hope they take at least a good hit from this fiasco. They've really put a hurt on the reputation of LCO's that applied their product and got damage.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:46 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

It all comes down to corporate greed gentlemen. The mega dupont & the almighty dollar! Sad!!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

So here we have a case of corporate greed and the EPA doing it's job as mandated by law while many politicians are clamoring to gut the EPA. Hmmm. not saying we have a perfect system, but think about the consequences of letting huge corporations run free with less checks and balances.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 08-14-2011, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

agreed phasthound. dont cut the epa, i mean are you kidding>?
Old 08-15-2011, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My JD dealer told me this spring that I shouldnt spray it around any kind of evergreen. I have multiple pines in some yards and spruces as well. I would give everything a 5/6' buffer and I have had no problem. I hate that for those of you that did, but I love the product. I treated half my yards with 3way this spring and the other half with imprelis, the difference come July was crazy exciting and I couldnt wait to put this down during aeration season since it is a post, and pre emergent. I will have to find something else. Can I put down Solitair at time of seeding. The past month I have been spraying 6oz of Drive XLR8, 2.5oz of 90/10 surfactant, and 12ml of imprellis to every 4 gallons of water and couldnt be happier. I hope they get this figured out b/c Imprelis was becoming my favorite selective Herbicide.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The weed control was excellent, not doubt about it. I wish my dealer knew not to treat around evergreens so he could have told me, but he was as appalled as I was when it all hit the fan. I'm curious as to how he knew of this. Ask him for us if you would please? As for implelis, I think the stop sale and/or use order as well as the buyback program is a good indicator that we will never see this chemical again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddensLawnCare View Post
My JD dealer told me this spring that I shouldnt spray it around any kind of evergreen. I have multiple pines in some yards and spruces as well. I would give everything a 5/6' buffer and I have had no problem. I hate that for those of you that did, but I love the product. I treated half my yards with 3way this spring and the other half with imprelis, the difference come July was crazy exciting and I couldnt wait to put this down during aeration season since it is a post, and pre emergent. I will have to find something else. Can I put down Solitair at time of seeding. The past month I have been spraying 6oz of Drive XLR8, 2.5oz of 90/10 surfactant, and 12ml of imprellis to every 4 gallons of water and couldnt be happier. I hope they get this figured out b/c Imprelis was becoming my favorite selective Herbicide.