Register free!

Old 08-16-2011, 07:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieperlc View Post
As for implelis, I think the stop sale and/or use order as well as the buyback program is a good indicator that we will never see this chemical again.
We will see it again. It will just be renamed and relabeled in a few years to confuse the sheep.

Why let a perfectly good chemical that took years to develop go to waste because of a few bad applicators. (Dupots answer not mine. )
Old 08-16-2011, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i am pretty sure it will just be relabeled too, just speculation of course, but it makes sense.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So the fact that the EPA allowed Imprelis to be rushed to market and not go through the normal testing that other pesticides do makes the EPA completely innocent in this mess?

I don't buy that the EPA was totally unaware of any problems or they really did their due diligence if the problem was so readily apparent within weeks of it's first applications.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

They knew!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieperlc View Post
The weed control was excellent, not doubt about it. I wish my dealer knew not to treat around evergreens so he could have told me, but he was as appalled as I was when it all hit the fan. I'm curious as to how he knew of this. Ask him for us if you would please? As for implelis, I think the stop sale and/or use order as well as the buyback program is a good indicator that we will never see this chemical again.
Yall are gonna love this..So I went to my dealer today to talk to him, and he informed me that his Dupont rep advised him to warn the end users about the risks associated from evergreens because of soil leaching....so how did Dupont discover this problem? The killed the trees at their testing facility with it I lost a lot of respect for dupont this morning
Old 08-16-2011, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

[QUOTE=pieperlc;4131846]The weed control was excellent, not doubt about it. QUOTE]

No the weed control was not that great. Imprelis is not labeled for Yellow Woodsorrel, and did not control it at all. It also does not control Prostrate Knotweed unless you do two applications? If I need top do two apps, I may as well use 3-way. It did however smoke Ground Ivy and Wild Violet and they did not come back. We have many lawns that look great from our applications of Imprelis in May, If you look past the Woodsorrel, Knotweed, and Pineappleweed.

http://www.pr-fectlawn.com
Old 08-16-2011, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

no weed control gets them all,

thought you guys would like to know that the investigative team from dupont is coming to our sites tomorrow to gather samples etc. i just look at it as another step in the direction to getting the trees pruned or replaced, cuz THAT is what is needed to say the least.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
no weed control gets them all,

thought you guys would like to know that the investigative team from dupont is coming to our sites tomorrow to gather samples etc. i just look at it as another step in the direction to getting the trees pruned or replaced, cuz THAT is what is needed to say the least.
Let us know how it goes.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I used 5 gallon of Imprellis this year, on over 500 lawns, with many spruce trees, and have not had ONE problem. I am so disapointed to see it go away. My rep is checking to see if he can get a hold of any more Imprellis, if not, I am in the market, looking to buy 5 gallons of it. If anyone has some they are wanting to get rid of. Let me know
PJ trailers
Stihl handhelds
John Deere skids
Snow Ex spreaders
Arctic sectional plows

Old 08-18-2011, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Member

According to our Harrell's rep, the EPA just pulled the label and registration on it. Illegal to use it. Big $$ fines if you're caught applying it.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassworks Inc. View Post
According to our Harrell's rep, the EPA just pulled the label and registration on it. Illegal to use it. Big $$ fines if you're caught applying it.
thought that was easy enough to understand.

what in the hell would you WANT to use something that has been killing trees and has been recalled forWOW to that guy!