Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-14-2011, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster View Post
Man I know I kick my self on this one! I never mixed it with him but we went over the rates and he knew what to do. So I let him go with it, mainly due to the reason for his hire was to over see the fertilize accounts and handle it himself.
It was a 200 gal spray which before I used only 80-100 gal. So he over sprayed it for sure.
Before the lawn was getting 50 lbs per acre. urea at 100 gal water per bag 46-0-0.
Weed kill was around 1oz per 1k so 40 oz per acre.
This property is about 1 acre total.
Lol I can see lines where he swung the nozzle.
Man its so fried!
The customer is loving it due to the fact that he got a extra bonus no mowing for a month!
The pressure on skid sprayer hose when I fired it up was at 215 psi and with the 3 gal per min nozzle! OMG hes toast! He must have been pushing out 8-9 gal a min to use 200 gal.
Im so bugged right now mainly becasue I cant figure why he change it up this way. Does TG teach this?
Did he put the entire 200g on this one acre lawn?

Rule 1: NEVER assume anyone knows what they are doing. I tend to learn things as I go and assume everyone else can learn things accurately on the fly too... that belief has kicked my hiny so many times.
I will never let my guys mix anything on their own. Its not too hard to get a tech to perform properly in the field but IMO keeping the brainwork to a minimum is crucial (ie: dont ask them to mix).
Old 08-14-2011, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efficiency View Post
Did he put the entire 200g on this one acre lawn?

Rule 1: NEVER assume anyone knows what they are doing. I tend to learn things as I go and assume everyone else can learn things accurately on the fly too... that belief has kicked my hiny so many times.
I will never let my guys mix anything on their own. Its not too hard to get a tech to perform properly in the field but IMO keeping the brainwork to a minimum is crucial (ie: dont ask them to mix).
Damn for realz! This is looking really bad. I went back there today and it really looks like round up Gly was used. I dont see who it will pull out of this. Other than water is there something like a neutralizer spray solution too use for yellowing burn or what ever this might be?? Thanks