Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-15-2011, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloscaperman View Post
Nothing wrong with use godaddy just because it's cheap, it's simple but it depends on what pacakges you choose and I am still learning. The website itself doesn't show your work, your work pictures is what shows who you are. People want simple sites that are'nt jammed with crap. Look at the method of Google.com and Facebook.com very simply and people like that versus clutter and other tacky stuff.
I agree, I hate going on a website thats cluttered and full of crap for no reason, People want simple easy to navigate websites. thats to the point.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 08-15-2011, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Member

I used godaddy with their "website tonight" software. It was $145 for 5 year domain name and 3 year website. You choose a template from many and design and put any content or pictures you want. Super easy and professional looking. They even have a contact form for customers that goes right to your email. Simple and professional.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i agree with all of that solo. I used godaddy with website tonight to do my website initially. I am now just having a designer put a website together for me instead of me doing it myself. The designers have an artistical skill that makes the website just look better imo. My new site is a simple site, nothing fancy, but it looks a little more well done and smooth flowing then my current website, or most others that build one themselves.

My view is, I am a landscaper not a web designer, Ill save the website stuff to them, and vice a versa.

Things like facebook, yes are very user friendly, and I think the company themselves should be incharge of operating something liek a facebook, but they should be in communication with a website/marketing person to utilize it to its fullist capacity.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi Guys,

Soloscapeman and TheGoldPro are spot on with their info.

You need your name, email, telephone number and images (even better, the images made into a slideshow) of your work. Nice and simple, but very effective.

The hard part of it is getting visitors to your site, that's why you have to think local. Make sure your site has your main keyword in your domain name like grasscuttingtoronto.com instead of jimsgrasscutting.com as no one will search for jims grasscutting but they will for grasscutting Toronto!

I analyse keywords and competition before I make a website so this way the site cant fail.

If you need further advice, get in touch.

Shaun
Old 09-04-2011, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Don't forget the marketing

When you finish your site make sure you get it promoted. I get a lot of business off craigslist which is free. Merchantcircle and Backpage are ok. You also need a Google business listing which is free. If you get your company listed on those sites your phone will ring. I don't do print or the yellowpages any more because it's not worth the cost.

Another thing you might want to consider is getting your site listed on directories. There are a billion of these.

If you want to do foreclosure work...
Foreclosure Cleanup

General landscaping work...
Landscapedir

etc. etc. etc.

Just check google and find every free site you can and get yourself listed.

Tags
internet , internet advertising , web design , website , websites