Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-03-2011, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Member

New Account Pictures

Referral from previous shrub trimming job. You cant beat word of mouth! Trimmed with Felcos and Hand Saw. Many more pics soon

Old 08-03-2011, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Fleco's on the ground ... It irks me when I see that with my guys lol ... I keep telling them they have sheaths on they're belt for a reason ... they're to pricey to lose ... the gardens look amazing I love the over-scaped but maintained look ... get an MS192 for pruning work you'll love it

1999 GMC 2500 4x4 w/ 7'6" Western Unimount
48in Exmark Viking
Honda 21"
2x Redmax String Trimmiers
Redmax Blowers - 8050 & 8001
13hp Billy Goat Walk-behind Blower
Brown Bed Edger
Husqvarna 372XP
Husqvarna 327PT5S
Stihl 026
Snapper Snow Blower
Wheel Barrows & Hand Tools.

Last edited by Pro-Lawn&Grounds; 08-03-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Lawn&Grounds View Post
Fleco's on the ground ... It irks me when I see that with my guys lol ... you have sheaths on your belt for a reason ... the gardens look amazing I love the over-scaped but maintained look
Yea, I have the sheath. In a rush to take the pic of the dead wood. Beds way overcrowded everything in front of the maple is getting taken out. The bed is getting completely renovated. Thanks for your comment.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Fleco's on the ground ... It irks me when I see that with my guys lol ... I keep telling them they have sheaths on they're belt for a reason ... they're to pricey to lose ... the gardens look amazing I love the over-scaped but maintained look ... get an MS192 for pruning work you'll love it
What is the MS192 ??
Old 08-03-2011, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArenaLandscaping R.I. View Post
What is the MS192 ??
http://www.stihlusa.com/chainsaws/MS192TCE.html

It's a climber's saw ... it only weighs 7lb and it cuts like it weighs ten times that ... great for getting into small beds and pruning in tight areas ... the best way I can explain it to you is; Pruning with a handsaw vs Pruning with an MS192 will be the same as Shoveling a driveway vs Snow Blowing a driveway ... they're not to pricey either ... they're like $360 with a 16" bar and believe me you can do a whole lot more then prune with them ... it'll take a tree down ...

Also about the Felco's I wasn't attacking you or anything ... You paid for them so you put/leave them where you want ... my guys didn't pay for them so it pisses me off because I've had to replace them before ...

48in Exmark Viking
Honda 21"
Brown Bed Edger
Husqvarna 372XP
Husqvarna 327PT5S
Stihl 026
Snapper Snow Blower
Old 08-03-2011, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Proper prunning!!! Thats so rare. Love what is see keep up the great work!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
That seems like a pretty good way to destroy your hedge trimmer ... my one's manual said it can handle up to like 3 inches or some nonsense like that but I wouldn't risk it ... I only use the saw for limbs not actually like trimming anything back ... you'll cut back hours on a job using the saw vs the handsaw or even a hedge trimmer for this ... I usually have a guy chipping everything right into an old earthquake chipper my dad bought like 10 years ago and never used (Tecumseh motor ... it was a nightmare getting the carb replaced on that thing) I can do an entire trimming and pruning job like that and after chipping it leave with about a couple shop rite bags full of yard waste
That is a close up picture....I think the "limbs" you are seeing are a lot smaller than they appear in the pictures. That saw really bad %ss though. Its one of those specialized things that we wouldn't use that often but if I had one I would love it when I needed it.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Look into the Silky Saw they are the best and they will not cost you $360 plus gas. The one I use cuts through limbs like a hot knife through butter.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
That is a close up picture....I think the "limbs" you are seeing are a lot smaller than they appear in the pictures. That saw really bad %ss though. Its one of those specialized things that we wouldn't use that often but if I had one I would love it when I needed it.
I bought it because I started climbing and was risking my life with the MS290 in a tree ... but trust me it gets used everyday we mow ... low hanging branches, get to a mowing property a branch is down we cut it up with that ... I was on the way home once and a tree was blocking the road we cut it up with that saw ... and its small enough to fit behind the seat of the truck if need be ... all I can say is once you get it you wont know what you did with out one ... and about the limbs ... I use the saw for pretty much anything over an inch ... because for the most part if we're pruning there are a lot more than one small limb to cut and the saw is just so much faster ... lol I'll stop now I feel like I'm a desperate Stihl Dealer begging you guys to buy this thing

48in Exmark Viking
Honda 21"
Brown Bed Edger
Husqvarna 372XP
Husqvarna 327PT5S
Stihl 026
Snapper Snow Blower
Old 08-03-2011, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I bought it because I started climbing and was risking my life with the MS290 in a tree ... but trust me it gets used everyday we mow ... low hanging branches, get to a mowing property a branch is down we cut it up with that ... I was on the way home once and a tree was blocking the road we cut it up with that saw ... and its small enough to fit behind the seat of the truck if need be ... all I can say is once you get it you wont know what you did with out one ... and about the limbs ... I use the saw for pretty much anything over an inch ... because for the most part if we're pruning there are a lot more than one small limb to cut and the saw is just so much faster ... lol I'll stop now I feel like I'm a desperate Stihl Dealer begging you guys to buy this thing

SOLD!!! LOL...sounds pretty versatile..I am going to take a peak at them up close when I am at my dealer.