Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-18-2011, 01:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordsuvparts View Post
We have worked for USM for the last 6 years and they pay slow as hell, but they do always pay, you have to jump through a burning hoop and juggle flaming tennis balls, but we have been paid for everything we have ever done for them. They pay above average for what we do for them, so we just figure in the extra time to collect. I wouldn't recommend this to a smaller business, it will kill cash flow. They will lie to you about the same invoice 3 times before they pay it, then want you to take a 5 % discount to do a quik pay on the invoice you have already waited on for 60 days. So Become friends with the store manager, help them out on their home and have a few extra invoices laying around for them to sign off on.

Mail and fax every invoice at least 3 times after you bill them, this helps speed things up a little, then they only say they didn't get it 2 times after that.
Why in the world would anyone want to deal with a company that treats its subs like this?

Would your employees stick with you if you told them they had to fill out 3 time cards, weed your lawn for free and then ask if they would take a discount if you pay them cash?

Do you have no ethics or sense of morality?
Old 08-18-2011, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Member

we already have a good reputation with both facilities that we work for, so getting things signed off shouldnt be a probllem. The way i see it, the day the invoice goes 5 days past due we will stop the service. knowing ahead of time that payment is an issue will help. Im afraid they will turn the account into a low ball auction, but this account has tons of push mowing, weeding and weed wacking, more than any other account that i have. we will see how it goes...
Old 08-19-2011, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

What in the world are you guys talking about? Doing business with someone who's taking a piece of the action? Free enterprise and customer relations built the country's economic wealth and now we're sucking up to unions and gov't and usm?
Old 08-19-2011, 08:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

USM has or had the Wal-Marts for snow removal and grounds work last year as far as I know.

Story I've been hearing is that Wal-Mart is trying to drop them like a bad habit after all the issues with their stores last winter. I know there were at least a couple of local TV stations that did reports on how bad the WM lots were after the storms.

I'm sure WM appreciated the publicity. LOL!

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
USM has or had the Wal-Marts for snow removal and grounds work last year as far as I know.

Story I've been hearing is that Wal-Mart is trying to drop them like a bad habit after all the issues with their stores last winter. I know there were at least a couple of local TV stations that did reports on how bad the WM lots were after the storms.

I'm sure WM appreciated the publicity. LOL!

WallyWorld fired USM.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Walmart fired usm in june, i believe They are in a lawsuit over the contract bring broken. We are still waiting on some mowing money from may and june,
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-19-2011, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
Why in the world would anyone want to deal with a company that treats its subs like this?

Would your employees stick with you if you told them they had to fill out 3 time cards, weed your lawn for free and then ask if they would take a discount if you pay them cash?

Do you have no ethics or sense of morality?
Posted via Mobile Device

No ethics and i am numb to morality,Thanks for asking, Always nice to hear from the biggest d*uche bag on the site
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-19-2011, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wal-Mart has more business sense than most Americans...
Old 08-19-2011, 08:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
Wal-Mart has more business sense than most Americans...
Ha! Not after Walt died, at least the family atmosphere and ethics left with him.

I attribute it to the over-all massive winter we had. It really showed these corporations that some of the Nationals really didn't have a handle on their SUBs or the quality of work.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordsuvparts View Post
Posted via Mobile Device

No ethics and i am numb to morality,Thanks for asking, Always nice to hear from the biggest d*uche bag on the site
Posted via Mobile Device
I believe you have me mistaken with Topsites.

You didn't answer my question. Would your employees do what you are asked to do by usm?