Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-18-2011, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone use these?

Just wondering if anyone has used these and if so, are they worth a damn compared to the gallon of Roundup Pro?

Roundup Quick Pro Dry 5 1.5oz Packs

http://www.growerssolution.com/page/...icides/72-2879

Last edited by ron mexico75; 08-18-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

use quikpro all the time. it's not really any faster than any other glyphosate product but it is safer to use because it is less likely to be spilled, and even if it is spilled, it is a dry product so sweeping it up is much easier than trying to clean up a liquid spill. I wouldn't buy the small packs though, just get the large jug that it comes in.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

They are easy to measure. I used to use the dry packs a lot. Partly because they fit under the seat of my truck. I had shallow plastic baskets under the seats of my truck. They slide out like a drawer. Very convenient. Baskets were about 2 inches deep and 15 inches long. 12 inches wide.

Last edited by RigglePLC; 08-18-2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: add
Old 08-18-2011, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use quick pro everyday but I get it it the jug 6 or 8 lbs can't rember believe it or not southern states is the cheapest place for me to get it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-18-2011, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
They are easy to measure. I used to use the dry packs a lot. Partly because they fit under the seat of my truck. I had shallow plastic baskets under the seats of my truck. They slide out like a drawer. Very convenient. Baskets were about 2 inches deep and 15 inches long. 12 inches wide.
Good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaacutabove View Post
I use quick pro everyday but I get it it the jug 6 or 8 lbs can't rember believe it or not southern states is the cheapest place for me to get it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah Ive seen it at Southern States. I don't spray enough to have to get the big jug although it may be cheaper in the long run.

How's this stuff on English Ivy? Anyone use it on that before?
Old 08-18-2011, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm paying $39 for 2.5gals of 41% gly.

How's this compared to that? I keep a measuring jug in the back of the truck, and measure mine out for backpacks (did it, today).

I've gone through probably three or four 2.5gal. containers so far this season. I mix 25gal's at least once a month. I've mixed 50gals. on two occasions.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ron,
I bought a case of these things local and for my purpose of use, they weren't worth my money. To defend my plight, I had some shrub beds in semi shaded spots........used a surfactant also to control some immature greenbriar stalks. All that was done was burn the outer tips of the foliage. I then reverted back to my Ranger Pro 41% mixed at 5%/gallon with surfactant and it burned it down.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Member

The packets seem to be popular with a lot of applicators. As for the formulation, well if your customers worry if you did anything because the glyphosate takes its time, then it might be worth your while. That little bit of diquat does make the plant "look" like its been sprayed.

What folks don't seem to catch on the label is that the quickpro requires protective eyewear and the Roundup Pro doesn't. If your state requires eyewear always or you wear it all the tie anyways, it's not important then. Even a little bit o' diquat in the eyes is not something you want to deal with
Old 08-18-2011, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The real problem lies in one fact--the antagonistic view point of combining glyphosate a slow systemic herbicide with a leaf desiccating herbicide that works within hours. The diquat burns the foliage quickly and could hasten the uptake of the glyphosate.
I feel that results will vary upon situations. This product didn't impress me at all as i anticipated more results in a short time. The use of diquat dibromide alone is better................? However, the burndown is short lived on some hard to control weeds. The glyphosate alone is more potent without a antagonist to slap it on the back.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I thought they looked pretty neat, also nice and easy wihout any mess to mix---------till I saw the difference in price. I think I will keep using my so-called generic Round up